Author Topic: The Pendulum Appreciation-Thread  (Read 12259 times)

Offline ACID_FOX

• DTF's Offical Arctic Monkeys Fanboy.
  • But You're Just Fiction, And I'm A Twisted Boy.
Re: The Pendulum Appreciation-Thread
« Reply #105 on: March 10, 2012, 10:23:40 AM »
Immersion is seriously one of my favourite albums of all time.
I only like ablums that I can xanascholithoun.

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #107 on: March 10, 2012, 11:04:18 AM »
The island is an amazing song. Immersion has to be one of my favorite blind buys so far. It's the type of music I was looking for that I would enjoy.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Gorille85

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #108 on: March 30, 2012, 12:32:53 PM »
So the band is now on indefinite hiatus??? D:

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #109 on: March 30, 2012, 12:47:36 PM »
So the band is now on indefinite hiatus??? D:

Only from touring. The reason is because they will record the new album, which will come out in 2013. As far as I know at least. Knife Party is pretty cool, but no Pendulum.

Offline Gorille85

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #110 on: March 30, 2012, 12:49:33 PM »
"Swire has recently hinted and announced to several fans on his Twitter page that Pendulum "no longer exists", as Knife Party is now his primary project."

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #111 on: March 30, 2012, 12:54:04 PM »
Yeah, I know about that, but time will tell. Feels kinda lame if he's following the Dubstep-trend. :(

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #112 on: March 31, 2012, 07:05:16 AM »
It seems like pretty much all the band members except for Rob has denied the fact that the band would be splitting. My guess is that Rob wants a little break from it all, and in that sense he felt frustrated when people kept coming to Knife Party concerts with Pendulum-stuff to sign and wanting to talk about the band. :P
Good news. Hopefully Rob can say something about it soon as well, I really don't want Pendulum to split up. Immersion had tons of variety, and it felt like they were bringing Pendulum into a direction where they could do whatever they wanted to, and it's not like Hold Your Colour (which is still amazing) that had more of a "one style"-direction. (It's still tied with Immersion for me though)

I do think the whole "hinting about breakup" is such a dick thing to do. I remember back when there was rumours about Oceansize (before they announced the split up) and it was like a 3 week long nightmare before anything was actually announced. A video on their website with "Superman retires" and shit like that, and I honestly hope I will never have to endure something similar again.  :lol
But yeah, Rob shouldn't be offended if people wants to talk about Pendulum, it's fans after all, people who love his work.

Offline faemir

• Official DTF 5.0 mix HATER
« Reply #113 on: April 01, 2012, 02:22:34 PM »
The latest Oceansize news on why they broke up shows just how dramatic it all was, though we still don't know the details.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #114 on: April 01, 2012, 02:29:10 PM »
The latest Oceansize news on why they broke up shows just how dramatic it all was, though we still don't know the details.

It still feels lame that they haven't given a proper reason. I'm not saying that they should be pointing fingers, but something like "we wanted different things" or whatever would be fine, rather that then nothing. :P

Regarding Pendulum, I think everyone except for Rob has denied the rumours about a split up. Hopefully we'll still get a 2013-album.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #115 on: April 01, 2012, 06:05:03 PM »
I am sad they aren't touring. Immersion has some great songs that I'm really getting into.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
« Reply #116 on: June 18, 2012, 07:48:27 AM »
It's official: https://musicfeeds.com.au/news/pendulum-throw-in-the-towel/

It looks as though Perth-born London-bred electronica piece Pendulum have reneged on a statement they made to fans at last year’s V Festival in the UK, explaining that they will be on hiatus. However, we have now learned that the touring, recording force known as Pendulum is no more.

In a recent interview with triple j, Rob Swire, one half of the creative due behind Pendulum which took form a decade ago in Perth, confessed that it stopped being fun. However, fans can let out a sigh of relief, as this isn’t the last we’ve heard of Swire and counterpart Gareth McGrillen, who will bring their side project Knife Party to the front burner.

“The Knife Party thing is going so well we don’t really feel like going back to junior school anytime soon”, Swire told triple j’s Linda Marigliano. “I guess we’d been doing Pendulum for ten years and that’s a pretty long time to be doing anything, I guess. We were still playing tracks like Blood Sugar that we made when we were 18 or 19. To still be doing that 10 years later, it just felt like time to do something else.”

Pendulum, who were known for their live band formation, became more of a chore for the musicians, with Swire continuing to say: “Rock bands are having a pretty hard time at the moment and we weren’t a rock band, but with Pendulum we had the band format. We just decided that in 2012 it was time to put that down for a bit.”

Knife Party has already pricked up a lot of ears; their electro-driven house music with a slight tinge of dubstep has come like a breath of fresh air to the pair: “We’re having too much fun with this project. It’s also great because Pendulum towards the end sort of felt like we were doing it because we had to and that’s never a fun way to do music. Whereas Knife Party is pretty much solely us doing what we want to, and if no one likes it we don’t care.”

So, we have been presented with a double edged sword. Swire has confirmed there will be no new Pendulum dates in the foreseeable future and no album on the horizon, but instead we get something new, something fresh to get obsessed with all over again!
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #117 on: June 18, 2012, 07:53:40 AM »
Sad news, but could see them coming. :(
As much as I like Knife Party, I'm not really super into Dubstep, to me it feels like one of the least interesting subgenres of Electronica, but I'll still be following.

Offline BanksD

« Reply #118 on: June 18, 2012, 09:19:29 AM »
Wow that saddens me.  :(

Offline FretMuppet

• DAIM that looks good!
« Reply #119 on: June 18, 2012, 01:32:48 PM »
What a shame :( I hope this isn't the end of Pendulum's career, I hope they make a great comeback when they feel refreshed, if they feel refreshed

Offline YtseJamittaja

• Yub Nub
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #120 on: March 13, 2013, 07:25:05 AM »
For DT (Devin Townsend actually ;) ) and Pendulum fans, here is my remix with The Island Part 1 and Devin's Save Our Now played at the same time. If somebody hasn't seen it yet, watch it right away!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puLXEkZPjPU   :loser:
Do you even whahíbrido pickingant?

M Y  L A S T. F M  P R O F I L E

Offline Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #121 on: June 13, 2013, 08:24:41 PM »
Hey guys,
We all know that Slam, Showdown, and Salt In The Wounds are essentially the same song. I decided to figure out just how similar they were.
The result was this. Enjoy.

Slam/Salt In The Wounds: (My personal favorite)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fM1g0xA5BM

Slam/Showdown:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cubRJsuWzOc

Showdown/Salt In The Wounds:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANgIZZoevkI

All three at once:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Dl7OSCcwEg
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #122 on: March 20, 2016, 07:54:30 AM »
It's happening guys... https://m.facebook.com/pendulum/videos/10153964081706153/

It could just be a tour announcement, though part of me thinks new material is coming our way this year aswell  :metal
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #123 on: March 20, 2016, 09:36:34 AM »
Actually they are playing the Ultra festival. There's really no other news about more touring or new music as far as I know, but hopefully reuniting for this festival has a positive effect where they like playing music together again, and it leads to something. :)