Author Topic: 2015 NCAA Basketball Brackets  (Read 9078 times)

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Re: 2015 NCAA Basketball Brackets
« Reply #140 on: April 06, 2015, 11:59:16 AM »
Yeah, that's what I'm saying.  You can't say he's likable.  I get your analogy since both are very steady and always in the mix for the tourney and playoffs.  The dislike is completely different.  I think Jim Boeheim is more in line like BB.
I'm not aware of a widespread dislike of Syracuse.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #141 on: April 06, 2015, 12:01:01 PM »
The dislike of the coach though.  Jim is cantankerous like BB.  Not as prominent like the NC schools though. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #142 on: April 06, 2015, 12:10:01 PM »
The dislike of the coach though.  Jim is cantankerous like BB.  Not as prominent like the NC schools though.
If you say so.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #143 on: April 06, 2015, 12:20:56 PM »
*Standard Hef Line*

OK

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #144 on: April 06, 2015, 12:37:55 PM »
Forgive me for dissenting, but I don't like Coach K  :lol

Because the things that I don't like about Duke- the same things that they are notorious for- flopping, floor slapping, leg-kicks, and general douchebaggery are not new and they are not uncommon. Now, I'm not going to accuse Coach K of specifically instructing his players to do these things, because I have no proof. But a saint, Coach K is not. Even a good sport, I don't think so. Calling out a Fuck You to the opposing coach, in the middle of a game, is not good sportsmanship. Similarly threatening one of your player's mothers isn't either. Constantly laying into the refs on every little call and even calling a timeout to do so, rather than focusing on coaching your team, is not going to gain my respect. And let's not forget, Duke is not as clean as they would have you believe. Lance Thomas and Corey Maggette say, hello.

Obviously K is good at winning and his record speaks for itself- he has been very successful. But that alone does not explain why they're so disliked. Plenty of successful teams are well liked by many outside of their fan base. Take the San Antonio Spurs, for example. Guys like Tim Duncan could beat my team every year and I wouldn't dislike them half as much as I dislike Duke.

It's not just Laettner. It's Austin Rivers, Gerald Henderson, Justise Winslow, JJ Redick, Dahntay Jones, Wojo, Dick Vitale and many more.
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #145 on: April 06, 2015, 12:45:10 PM »
I do see a Tarheels player as your Avitar so you may be slanted in your opinion. :lol

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #146 on: April 06, 2015, 12:52:32 PM »
Absolutely  :laugh:

Anyways, I'm not going to watch the game tonight unless it's under 5 minutes and looking like a sure Wisconsin victory. I just get too angry and all that hate isn't good for my health.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #147 on: April 06, 2015, 12:56:46 PM »
Too many pro sports up here in Boston for me to follow NCAA or any other college sport.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #148 on: April 06, 2015, 02:17:27 PM »
I doubt I will watch very much tonight, but I am certainly rooting for Wisconsin.  Even if they weren't playing Duke, I have a lot of respect for how this team plays.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #149 on: April 06, 2015, 02:27:14 PM »
Locally here on Boston radio, they want Wisconsin. because this team is built the old way, with juniors and seniors. Not like the Duke's and Kentucky's of the world that have these all start teams with one a done freshmen going pro after a year in college.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #150 on: April 06, 2015, 03:19:54 PM »
As someone who doesn't care for any of the blue-blood programs, dook is usually my least favorite, although the UNC scandal makes it neigh impossible to have any shred of interest in seeing them succeed.

However, Hickentucky this season warranted more hate than dook since they are basically a team full of one-and-doners, with some who came back for a second crack.

Strangely enough, if Hickentucky doesn't go all draft eligible this year, I'd probably root for them against other blue bloods just for sticking around.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #151 on: April 06, 2015, 03:59:30 PM »
I'm amused by how we are apparently supposed to feel bad for those poor Kentucky fans.  Yeah, how many national titles and games have they won over the years?  Yeah.  They can take their tears and shove it. 

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #152 on: April 06, 2015, 04:05:50 PM »
I'm amused by how we are apparently supposed to feel bad for those poor Kentucky fans.  Yeah, how many national titles and games have they won over the years?  Yeah.  They can take their tears and shove it. 

A guy I know, big Kentucky fan, was saying they were robbed by the refs when Nigel Hayes made that shot after the shot clock expired. I then told him that Kentucky got away with an obvious slap to the face that should have been called, but wasn't. I never like when people complain excessively about officiating.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #153 on: April 06, 2015, 04:30:18 PM »
All this hate to one-and-done players is so laughable to me. Let's dislike these players because the NBA have obligated them to play one year of college (or profesionally overseas)! How dare they follow the rules!

If anything, shit on the NBA for making that rule. And if teams try to "take advantage" of it by assembling the best team they can for that one season, so what? They're adapting to the new way of doing things, most fans need to adapt as well.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 04:35:54 PM by Dimitrius »
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #154 on: April 06, 2015, 09:23:18 PM »
GFD

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #155 on: April 06, 2015, 09:23:56 PM »
There goes my $50 :(

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #156 on: April 06, 2015, 09:31:57 PM »
That sucks. I suppose my Alternate bracket was good. But damn.  :(

Offline yorost

• Inactive
« Reply #157 on: April 06, 2015, 09:40:53 PM »
You won the Alternate game, so, yeah, kind of good.

Winners:

Standard: Aefenwelg
Alternate: Implode

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #158 on: April 06, 2015, 10:44:22 PM »
These last 3 seasons have been really fucking bad for my sports team. Every time I think I see a light at the end of the tunnel, something seems to go wrong. Suspended players, festering NCAA investigation and consequent drop-off in recruiting, poor head to head record against biggest rival, death of the program's patriarch, and now this. Always looking forward to next year, but with continually diminishing expectations.

I clearly need to reconfigure myself.

Offline T-ski

« Reply #159 on: April 06, 2015, 10:58:06 PM »
tough few months for WI sports fans.  first the Packers choke the NFC championship game, then WI falls apart in the last 10 minutes of the NCAA Finals.

Go Brewers?
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #160 on: April 07, 2015, 06:57:16 AM »
tough few months for WI sports fans.  first the Packers choke the NFC championship game, then WI falls apart in the last 10 minutes of the NCAA Finals.
It's been tough because you've had teams good enough to make it to the NFC championship and the NCAA title game?

I live in North Carolina.  Let me tell you about tough.

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #161 on: April 07, 2015, 02:54:56 PM »
This 12 year old had the best bracket out of 11.57 million people on ESPN. Guy never watches basketball :lol

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2422644-12-year-old-finishes-1st-out-of-1157-million-in-espns-bracket-challenge
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 03:03:57 PM by FlyingBIZKIT »

Online Aefenwelg

« Reply #162 on: March 15, 2016, 10:09:59 AM »
Is this happening this year?

Offline yorost

• Inactive
« Reply #163 on: March 15, 2016, 10:16:26 AM »
Alright, I'll try to get it up during lunch, here, been very busy.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #164 on: March 15, 2016, 10:18:10 AM »
I'd join.

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #165 on: March 15, 2016, 10:40:12 AM »
I got an email about last years' bracket games. So they still exist. I've entered my bracket into them.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #166 on: March 15, 2016, 10:43:23 AM »
I got an email about last years' bracket games. So they still exist. I've entered my bracket into them.
Same here.