News:

Dream Theater Forums:  Biggest Dream Theater online community since 2007.

Main Menu

Bolsters™ The Roulette, v2 ★ THE CONCLUSION ★

Started by Bolsters, March 16, 2016, 07:55:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jingle.boy

I wouldn't say that I'd 'checked out'... just that my strategy changed.  Sending what I thought were the "best" songs clearly wasn't cutting it, so I figured wth... go back to my plan of sending great songs AND cover off all the themes.  Turns out, the latter strategy seemed to have worked this round. 

Hey, at least I'm not re-loading Animotion for the synth/pop star.   :biggrin:

I know exactly what I'm sending, and will do so when I can - at the airport flying home today, and have some work things to do first.
Quote from: TAC on July 31, 2021, 06:55:07 PMIf I can do it, it's idiot proof.
Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

Evermind

Quote from: jingle.boy on April 21, 2016, 12:16:44 PM
I wouldn't say that I'd 'checked out'... just that my strategy changed.  Sending what I thought were the "best" songs clearly wasn't cutting it, so I figured wth... go back to my plan of sending great songs AND cover off all the themes.  Turns out, the latter strategy seemed to have worked this round. 

Hey, at least I'm not re-loading Animotion for the synth/pop star.   :biggrin:

I know exactly what I'm sending, and will do so when I can - at the airport flying home today, and have some work things to do first.

Wonder if it's still allowed since I sent my entry first. :biggrin:
Quote from: Train of Naught on May 28, 2020, 10:57:25 PMThis first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

splent

After looking at the rankings again I'm changing my strategy again...

jingle.boy

Quote from: Evermind on April 21, 2016, 12:18:50 PM
Quote from: jingle.boy on April 21, 2016, 12:16:44 PM

Wonder if it's still allowed since I sent my entry first. :biggrin:

I'll shart myself if we sent the same band.
Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

jingle.boy

Bolsters

Quote from: splent on April 21, 2016, 11:01:41 AM
Still having a hard time deciding what to send. jKLSDjglkasdjgl;kadjf;gkljad;lk
I can't find this artist on Spotify or Youtube, you're going to need to send me an MP3.
Bolsters™

Crow

Bolsters

By the way I've got 9/10 submissions thus far. I can't listen to anything right at this moment, so I will check your submissions for bonus star eligibility in a few hours.
Bolsters™

Evermind

Quote from: Train of Naught on May 28, 2020, 10:57:25 PMThis first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Bolsters

Bolsters™

Evermind

Bastard. :lol I was 11 seconds late. Comes from slow typing on the phone.

splent

Bolsters

Still waiting on that one person to send, but another has been asked to resubmit (cockblocked by the host :angel:).
Bolsters™

Evermind

:lolpalm:

Not sure how soon I'll be able to send another song to be honest.

Train of Naught

My peridot star has been rock-blocked :( youre missing out Taylorman, this means no djent from me this roulette

Elite

Quote from: Lolzeez on November 18, 2013, 01:23:32 PMHey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Quote from: home on May 09, 2017, 04:05:10 PMSqu
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Bolsters

Bolsters™

Elite

I'm sure he has sent by now though, nobody in this roulette is that careless (except Evermind when he's running a roulette at the same time).

:neverusethis:
Quote from: Lolzeez on November 18, 2013, 01:23:32 PMHey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Quote from: home on May 09, 2017, 04:05:10 PMSqu
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Evermind

So since you rejected my original tune, I'm now debating between sending an 18 minutes long song and shamelessly using a song I received in my roulette a few weeks ago.

You can expect to get my song in 3-4 hours.

jingle.boy

Quote from: Evermind on April 22, 2016, 07:15:56 AM
So since you rejected my original tune, I'm now debating between sending an 18 minutes long song and shamelessly using a song I received in my roulette a few weeks ago.

You can expect to get my song in 3-4 hours.

Well, if it was just a few weeks ago, it won't be one of mine.   :biggrin:

Evermind

It's not one of yours, but it's actually from the round before the elimination point. I hope Dave didn't listen to that double album thingy I sent out.

Train of Naught

I'm sure it's not one of mine because all my songs sucked :loser:

And the one good song I sent is from a banned artist

Bolsters

Quote from: Evermind on April 22, 2016, 07:45:36 AM
It's not one of yours, but it's actually from the round before the elimination point. I hope Dave didn't listen to that double album thingy I sent out.
I haven't listened to any of it.
Bolsters™

Evermind

Quote from: Bolsters on April 22, 2016, 07:48:43 AM

You also said I probably cockblocked Chad with Serenity and ended up rejecting it. :lol

Bolsters

Quote from: Evermind on April 22, 2016, 07:51:41 AM

You also said I probably cockblocked Chad with Serenity and ended up rejecting it. :lol
I thought they were a band I only listened to a few songs from, but I recognised your song within seconds when I played it. Turns out I actually know that whole album because I've listened to it a few times, along with a single spin of a couple of their others. So yeah, sorry about that, but I'm always looking for new stuff and I guess some of it I didn't remember enough at the time to actually put it on the banned list.
Bolsters™

jingle.boy

Quote from: Bolsters on April 22, 2016, 07:56:29 AM
Quote from: Evermind on April 22, 2016, 07:51:41 AM

I thought they were a band I only listened to a few songs from, but I recognised your song within seconds when I played it. Turns out I actually know that whole album because I've listened to it a few times, along with a single spin of a couple of their others. So yeah, sorry about that, but I'm always looking for new stuff and I guess some of it I didn't remember enough at the time to actually put it on the banned list.

Good thing I'd discarded my plans on using them.

splent

I hope I don't regret my submission. But I can't think of anything else to send :lol

Evermind

Crow

Train of Naught

In my roulette, the pics are going to be so blurry no one will even notice I post them at all.

splent

In my roulette, my pics will not be blurry. This will be for a reason... That you will soon find out :D

Bolsters

Bolsters™

Crow

splent

Bolsters

Bonus stars being awarded in this round are one each of the following: sapphire, amethyst, garnet, aquamarine, and peridot.

Bolsters™