News:

Dream Theater Forums:  Biggest Dream Theater online community since 2007.

Main Menu

Bolsters™ The Roulette, v2 ★ THE CONCLUSION ★

Started by Bolsters, March 16, 2016, 07:55:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evermind

Sorry for the double post, but I just looked at the calendar and it shows today (12th of April) is our host's birthday. I've no idea if it's true or not, but just in case:

Happy Birthday Bolsters!

Quote from: Train of Naught on May 28, 2020, 10:57:25 PMThis first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

splent

jingle.boy

Quote from: TAC on July 31, 2021, 06:55:07 PMIf I can do it, it's idiot proof.
Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

Tyrias

Happy Birthday! Uploading Roulette results on your birthday, that's what I call dedication :tup

splent

Oh yeah, Have an awesome birthday dude. That was the first thing I should've said.

I'm tired. :lol

Train of Naught

Tyrias

Oh wait, just realized results were uploaded yesterday in your time zone. Still nice I guess.

Elite

Happy birthday!

I'm going to stall this roulette so that I may get a birthday star as well.
Quote from: Lolzeez on November 18, 2013, 01:23:32 PMHey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Quote from: home on May 09, 2017, 04:05:10 PMSqu
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Tomislav95

Quote from: Tyrias on April 12, 2016, 12:26:39 PM
Oh wait, just realized results were uploaded yesterday in your time zone. Still nice I guess.
12th was yesterday there, that means we missed his birthday :-\
Belated happy birthday :)

TAC

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

bl5150

Bolsters

Thanks everyone. :tup

Quote from: jingle.boy on April 12, 2016, 11:15:06 AM
Right... but does the "pearl" star for ranking 1st in a given category come with any additional point(s)?  I don't recall knowing definitively if that's the case, or if it's just a star for pride or ego.
The coal star is the only one that has no point value. Pearl stars are indeed worth something.
Bolsters™

jingle.boy

Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

Bolsters

Bolsters™

splent

Bolsters

Alright, everyone is in. I'll begin listening tomorrow. In the meantime, here is the first blurred image.

Also, these are the bonus stars being awarded in the round. There's just two this time: One sapphire star and the first garnet star.

Bolsters™

Evermind

What the hell? Mark Knopfler - Border Reiver?! Hopefully you'll like it even less than Dream of the Drowned Submariner! :lol

I think I also see Bent Knee there.
Quote from: Train of Naught on May 28, 2020, 10:57:25 PMThis first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Elite

I recognise nothing, could barely see my own song.

Edit: yes, Bent Knee - In God We Trust
Quote from: Lolzeez on November 18, 2013, 01:23:32 PMHey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:

Evermind

I was actually thinking of sending Mark Knopfler again but now it's not an option. Tomislav (I'm sure it was you and not ToN), I hope you get coal star for this. :lol

Elite

Train of Naught

:lol I wish. That was probably my least favorite from the songs you sent me, it would be more likely for me to send Pictured Within.

No, the one I sent is Clenching a Big Fist - Haken Sucks, the fifth

Evermind

Train of Naught

jingle.boy

First one is Lance King perhaps - gotta bet on Brent for that gonna guess it's Jon now
Unless he sent Mattador - Tired... and thus the Sapphire star

Evermind

Tomislav95

Quote from: Evermind on April 13, 2016, 06:14:42 AM
I was actually thinking of sending Mark Knopfler again but now it's not an option. Tomislav (I'm sure it was you and not ToN), I hope you get coal star for this. :lol
Yes, I took big risk with this one :lol but great melodies + folk intrumental and Bolsters might like it. Also, it qualifies for world music star :tup

jingle.boy

Quote from: Evermind on April 13, 2016, 06:35:28 AM
Yeah, Mattador - Tired is almost certainly Brent.

If it ain't your or me, then it's definitely him.

bl5150

Evermind

jingle.boy

I thought for a moment that I saw Faith No More in there too.... but it starts with "Fo" by the looks of things.

Below that one... The Cure?  The Cult?

I think bonus points should be awarded for the most correct guesses!   ;D

splent

Lance Tigger - Oom Paaaa Pa
Mark Knoffler - In the Devient
Scare Me - Humanity
Bent Knee - In God We Trust
Clarity in Moscow - Hands Deep
Maneater - Spain
Matador - Cried
Mine
The Cure - Swansong
Power of Nil - Best Come to Them

Nothing silly this time came to my head :(

Quote from: jingle.boy on April 13, 2016, 07:57:51 AM
I thought for a moment that I saw Faith No More in there too.... but it starts with "Fo" by the looks of things.

Nope mine is not Faith No More, it DOES start with Fo though so it's Fo______ ___ _______

Bolsters

Quote from: jingle.boy on April 13, 2016, 07:57:51 AM
I think bonus points should be awarded for the most correct guesses!   ;D
I did actually have ideas for a few other stars in mind, one of which I even made but ultimately decided to cut because I thought it made the roulette a bit convoluted. But I can assure you that this was not one of them. ::)
Bolsters™

Evermind

Alright, here's my take...

Lance Thrust - No Sex, Pa
Mark Knopfler - Border Reiver
Segregation - Humility
Bent Knee - In God We Trust
Closure in Moscow - Happy Song
Defeater - Slain
Mattador - Tired
Foster The Orphan - Paganini
The Fuck - Kingkong
Roach Gets In - Lust Comes at Dawn

Shadow Ninja 2.0

Quote from: jingle.boy on April 13, 2016, 06:24:40 AM
First one is Lance King perhaps - gotta bet on Brent for that gonna guess it's Jon now
Unless he sent Mattador - Tired... and thus the Sapphire star

The first song is mine.

You may interpret that however you like. :P

Evermind