Bolsters™ The Roulette, v2 ★ THE CONCLUSION ★

Started by Bolsters, March 16, 2016, 07:55:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolsters

I forgot to post this, though it doesn't actually matter all that much yet. Here are the bonus star rankings.

Bolsters™

Tyrias

Well, better no star than a black one :P.

Also, I just got that you you can only get one of the bonus stars if the song gets another star as well.

Evermind

Quote from: Tyrias on March 31, 2016, 11:57:11 PM
Also, I just got that you you can only get one of the bonus stars if the song gets another star as well.

Wait, what? I don't remember that in the rules.
Quote from: Train of Naught on May 28, 2020, 10:57:25 PMThis first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Bolsters

That's incorrect, I will award bonus stars to any song even if it isn't going to receive any other stars.
Bolsters™

Tomislav95

So I almost got coal star :o now I know what type of song nit to send in future rounds.

Tyrias

Quote from: Bolsters on April 01, 2016, 12:00:40 AM
That's incorrect, I will award bonus stars to any song even if it isn't going to receive any other stars.

Well, I guess my reading comprehension just after waking up sucks :lol.

Two questions regarding the world-music star: Does nordic folk count? and does a polka influence?

Elite

Quote from: Lolzeez on November 18, 2013, 01:23:32 PMHey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Quote from: home on May 09, 2017, 04:05:10 PMSqu
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Train of Naught

Very tempted to send a very long song for my one free pass length-wise, but I guess there's always a bigger risk with those. More to digest in the same amount of time..

EDIT: Scratch that, sent something else

Bolsters

Quote from: Tyrias on April 01, 2016, 12:07:54 AM
Two questions regarding the world-music star: Does nordic folk count? and does a polka influence?
I'm not sure how nordic folk is differentiated from any other folk. I wouldn't consider folk in general to be world music but I don't really know how the nordic variety differentiates stylistically. The answer depends upon how significant the difference is. But I'm leaning towards no.

As for polka, I'm leaning towards allowing that.
Bolsters™

Tyrias

Nice, you might just get something with strong polka infuences then some time in the future.

Bolsters

Bolsters™

jingle.boy

Dave... are/would you gonna link (or include) the above bonus theme rankings in the OP?
Quote from: TAC on July 31, 2021, 06:55:07 PMIf I can do it, it's idiot proof.
Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

Bolsters

Quote from: jingle.boy on April 01, 2016, 05:24:59 AM
Dave... are/would you gonna link (or include) the above bonus theme rankings in the OP?
Yeah I should have done that. I'm on it.
Bolsters™

Evermind

Sent, hopefully I won't have to resend because I won't be there tomorrow. My song is available for at least two different bonus stars and it's more than 11 minutes in length. It also deserves some additional bonus points for some very particular reason.

We'll see how it goes.
Quote from: Train of Naught on May 28, 2020, 10:57:25 PMThis first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Bolsters

I'm just waiting on one person now. No reason to hurry though, I won't be able to start listening until tomorrow afternoon/evening anyway.
Bolsters™

Elite

Sorry, that's me. I was a little demotivated to send right away after receiving the coal star :lol
I have a busy weekend as well, but I'll try to send today!
Quote from: Lolzeez on November 18, 2013, 01:23:32 PMHey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:

Elite

Bolsters

Bolsters™

Sacul

Evermind

Fourth is probably Lindsey Stirling - Shatter Me (feat. Lzzy Hale).

And I think the 7th one could be Anneke van Giersbergen - Drive.

And the 8th one is Almanac - Darkness / Hands are Tied. Insider's information once again.

Bolsters

The bonus stars being awarded this round: Two ruby and one aquamarine.

Bolsters™

Evermind

Shit, someone else went with ruby. Can I change my bonus? :lol

Bolsters

Bolsters™

Evermind

I don't want to change my song, only the bonus awarded. :P

Well, whatever, as long as I get at least a gold star this round.

bl5150

Quote from: Bolsters on April 03, 2016, 09:58:10 PM
The bonus stars being awarded this round: Two ruby and one aquamarine.

What happened to mine? 

Bolsters

Sorry, I forgot about it. I didn't get around to listening until today and had to check several songs for eligibility, I apparently didn't make a note of yours. So the bonus stars are actually: Two ruby, one aquamarine, and one peridot.

Bolsters™

Crow

Tyrias

Quote from: Evermind on April 03, 2016, 10:00:08 PM
I'd be in favor, for totally unselfish reasons of course  :P

Crow

i just noticed, these are the colors of the roulette championship judges  :lol

Evermind

Quote from: Tyrias on April 03, 2016, 10:38:33 PM
Quote from: Evermind on April 03, 2016, 10:00:08 PM
I'd be in favor, for totally unselfish reasons of course  :P

Well since there's peridot star too now, there's no point in changing my bonus anymore. :P

Evermind

Other guesses:

1: Knifeworld - Staring at the Sun
2: Anthriel - Cheat
5: Stigmata - Elevator
9: Dead Dried Fish - Where Are Seas
10: Mr. Big - Addicted to That Shit

3rd is mine and I think we've got the others.

Train of Naught

Tyrias

Quote from: Evermind on April 03, 2016, 11:43:44 PM
Other guesses:

1: Knifeworld - Staring at the Sun
2: Anthriel - Cheat
5: Stigmata - Elevator
9: Dead Dried Fish - Where Are Seas
10: Mr. Big - Addicted to That Shit

3rd is mine and I think we've got the others.

Your 2 is my song, and you got one letter right  (the A). I'm sure you know the band, not so sure about the specific song.

Train of Naught