Bolsters™ The Roulette, v2 ★ THE CONCLUSION ★

Started by Bolsters, March 16, 2016, 07:55:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evermind

Quote from: Train of Naught on May 28, 2020, 10:57:25 PMThis first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Bolsters

Bolsters™

Elite

Quote from: splent on April 22, 2016, 06:28:13 PM
No funny ones right now. The one under mine is ELP

Probably, if so then it's Karn Evil 9: First Impression Pt. 2
Quote from: Lolzeez on November 18, 2013, 01:23:32 PMHey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Quote from: home on May 09, 2017, 04:05:10 PMSqu
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Train of Naught

I think I see Arcade Fire and Daughter, no clue about the songs though.

Bolsters

Bolsters™

Elite

The top one is Damien Rice - 9 Crimes

Definitely no Arcade Fire in there
Quote from: Lolzeez on November 18, 2013, 01:23:32 PMHey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:

jingle.boy

Why does it seem like I often send the songs with the longest names?
Quote from: TAC on July 31, 2021, 06:55:07 PMIf I can do it, it's idiot proof.
Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

Bolsters

Two listens in and I'm still getting the impression that this is going to be a tough group of songs to organise into a ranking.

Edit:
Bolsters™

Shadow Ninja 2.0

splent

Shona Zoltar - One Chance
Satan's Demon - Praeludium
Hubster Damn - Mulligan Cullar
Azurath - Angel
Nomenclature - Shine
Daughter - Meh
Mine

Crow

the second one is shooting star - last chance

thank you, evermind's roulette album
that was like one of the better ones too iirc

Sacul

I found literally only 4 great songs on that album, and half of those I already knew them  :tup

Train of Naught

Yeah that Dear Hunter song was pretty amazing huh

Is the fifth one Azedia by Tyrias maybe? (if correct this could be the aquamarine star)

Tomislav95

Quote from: splent on April 23, 2016, 09:49:45 AM
Shona Zoltar - One Chance
Satan's Demon - Praeludium
Hubster Damn - Mulligan Cullar
Azurath - Angel
Nomenclature - Shine
Daughter - Meh
Mine
I hope Bolsters won't say the same :P

Tyrias

Quote from: Train of Naught on April 23, 2016, 10:10:07 AM
Yeah that Dear Hunter song was pretty amazing huh

Is the fifth one Azedia by Tyrias maybe? (if correct this could be the aquamarine star)
Correct on all accounts.

Evermind

Quote from: Sacul on April 23, 2016, 10:05:24 AM
I found literally only 4 great songs on that album, and half of those I already knew them  :tup

Funny thing is, I listened to that double album once again I think Time Immemorial is my least favourite from the whole bunch. :lol I mean, it's still very good, but it got through mostly because I didn't include anything from the EPs. Tastes!
Quote from: Train of Naught on May 28, 2020, 10:57:25 PMThis first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Crow

i'm actually considering getting that damnation angels album because of the one listen i gave the one song

i dunno i need to connect with the symphonic metal side of DTF more, i have a vanden plas album in my cart too bcuz everyone was talking about them last year and the album was pretty cool i guess

Evermind

I haven't heard the Damnation Angels album yet but from what people are saying it's fantastic.

Which Vanden Plas you plan on buying? Their latest (Part II) was awesome, but if the price isn't too high, consider getting both parts at once. Listening to them back to back might be a bit daunting, but there are some recurring melodies from the first part on Part II, those really enhanced my experience.

Crow

i'm erring on the side of caution and getting the first chronicles now, but i can just y'know get the second one later
i assure you that even if i got them both i wouldn't be listening to them back to back anyways, so  :lol

plus if i'm familiar with the first before listening to the second i'll prob notice the recurring themes right away and go "wow that's cool"

like it took me about 3-4 listens of the astonishing until i noticed most of the recurring themes because i'm bad

Evermind

The second part is better in my opinion, but not much better. It just has more standouts. The first part is good in the beginning, and it gets awesome on tracks 8-10 for me. This is one of my favourite run of songs in the last few years.

Crow

recommend me another prog metal band you're a big fan of, i guess, easier to get recommendations than seek stuff out myself  :lol

Evermind

Tough to say, you already know most of the bands I'm a big fan of. Do you have Beyond the Bridge - The Old Man and the Spirit? That album made my Top 10.

Out of the relatively unknown and recent ones, I really liked Dimension Act - Manifestation of Progress (a mix of progressive metal and rock, the epic on the album is outstanding), Need - Orvam: A Song for Home (progressive metal with a heavier, darker edge), Amadeus Awad - Death is Just a Feeling (atmospheric progressive metal with some dark landscapes), Echoes - Nature / Existence and Thoughts Factory - Lost. These are in my regular rotation these days. You might find some of them quite generic though.

I'm sure I'll find a lot of great bands once I start listening to the bands people sent me in my roulette, pretty sure Damnation Angels and Redemption will make this list.

Crow

oh man, i just checked out a few tracks from that beyond the bridge album like an hour ago  :lol
maybe i'll give the entire album a spin then.

i'll check out a song or two from the rest i guess. the only dimension act song i found was the epic tho so that should be fun/not happening at this late of an hour

Evermind

Yeah, go for it. Not counting The Human Equation and The Theory of Everything, that Beyond the Bridge album is my favourite progressive metal album.

To make it easier with the other bands:

Dimension Act - Manifestation of Progress (Trailer #1 / Trailer #2)
Need - Orvam: A Song for Home (Trailer :lol / Album Opener)
Amadeus Awad - Death is Just a Feeling (Behind the Scenes Trailer)
Echoes - Nature | Existence (Album Opener)
Thoughts Factory - Lost (Trailer)

Crow

already youtubing up some of the songs but thanks
the need track I heard didn't do much for me, i may check out one more later just to make sure, dunno
the first amadeus awad song i listened to (opia) was not really a metal track (but i liked it) so i listened to the one after it too and it was pretty solid. anneke being on this is probably part of why you like it a lot i guess?  :P i'll probably check out this album in full, though. cd price on amazon is nutso tho and it's not on importcds either so i probably won't get to it for a while
echoes was okay, didn't care for the singer much and it didn't really stand out a lot, but okay
thoughts factory the song i found had a nice energy to it, the video was cheesy as heck tho but yeah, thought it was alright

probably only going to look into amadeus awad of all of these tbh but that's one more than i'd have looked into before

Bolsters

Quote from: Evermind on April 24, 2016, 12:38:18 AM
Dimension Act - Manifestation of Progress (a mix of progressive metal and rock, the epic on the album is outstanding)
Is it? :neverusethis:
Bolsters™

splent

Bolsters

What kind of star does everyone think they're going to get this time? Who's going to get the diamond star?
Bolsters™

Crow

Evermind

I think it's possible I get gold or diamond. It's also possible you didn't like my song at all, so who knows.

Bolsters

Quote from: Evermind on April 24, 2016, 09:30:28 PM
I think it's possible I get gold or diamond. It's also possible you didn't like my song at all, so who knows.
Yes those are the two possibilities.
Bolsters™

Crow

Bolsters

Bolsters™

Tomislav95

I'm not sure about the song I sent anymore. I wouldn't be too surprised if I got no-star/coal star :\

Elite