Author Topic: New trailer announces: The Astonishing World Tour 2016-2017  (Read 5287 times)

Offline Ganjalf

New trailer announces: The Astonishing World Tour 2016-2017
« on: March 15, 2016, 05:40:52 PM »
Any speculations/info about further dates? I'm super hyped about whether they'll come back for some more Europe dates with the full Astonishing again, so that i can catch some better seats this time. It miiiight just happen..! :eek
I guess we'll see... yes, we shall see..  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LHFswk8K3o

Offline Another_Won

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Attest to the mighty river.Let the truth be heard!
Re: New trailer announces: The Astonishing World Tour 2016-2017
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 08:36:07 PM »
Welcome!  I was waiting for the reference . . . yes, we shall see.  Well done!  I think this is a fantastic album and the more they tour the better.  There is really a mass appeal for this and I would love to see this tour really take off!

Offline CharlesPL

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 08:42:44 PM »
They'll be back :)

Fall/Winter 2016
Early 2017

I think.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2016, 11:01:58 AM »
2017. That's great news. I'm missing the tour this time around and I'm NOT happy about it.  :censored
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2016, 03:35:21 PM »
I hope this means another full tour with other songs too. I'm a little disappointed that my first DT show is going to be an Astonishing exclusive performance  :'(
Oh well, c'est la vie

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2016, 05:23:45 PM »
I take it this means there will be dates added but not yet, no?
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2016, 06:09:30 PM »
I take it this means there will be dates added but not yet, no?
I think it stands to reason that there will be more dates, apparently going all the way into 2017. The band doesn't have dates for Asia, Oceania or South America, so I think it's almost a given that dates will be announce for those regions. And there's a lot of Europe that has gotten missed on this present leg of the tour, so perhaps they'll go back and play in several of the cities that they didn't this time around. Maybe they'll go thru North America a second time and even play in the south which seems to always get passed over for the Evening With shows.

What will be interesting is to see whether they just continue to perform TA in its entirety or if they will be changing up the setlist when they start going to some of the same territories they've already played. I hope that as the tour progresses, the band will loosen up and we'll start to see some additions/changes to the way some of the songs are being performed so that it's not a (close to) carbon copy of what's on the album. Only then do I hope they'll film a show or two for video release. IMO, they filmed the BtFW release too early in the tour, so that stuff like the improv at the beginning of ToT wasn't documented.
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2016, 07:33:01 PM »
I'm hoping they do the south and continue playing TA in it's entirety.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2016, 08:12:34 PM »
I am sure they'd like to keep playing all of TA for the duration, but I suspect they will judge the reaction of crowds for these first few months of shows and go from there.  If the live shows aren't going over as well as they hoped, I could see them adjusting the set list on later legs and only playing some of the core songs from TA while mixing in many old favorites.

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2016, 09:50:28 PM »
lol no more bird Xander
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Online SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2016, 11:39:05 PM »
I am sure they'd like to keep playing all of TA for the duration, but I suspect they will judge the reaction of crowds for these first few months of shows and go from there.  If the live shows aren't going over as well as they hoped, I could see them adjusting the set list on later legs and only playing some of the core songs from TA while mixing in many old favorites.

Going by the two shows I attended and what has been written about the others I think the show is very well recieved...

If they swing back through Europe another time I would consider travelling to catch them doing the Astonishing live again. Fantastic shows might even beat out Peter Gabriels Secret world as the best concert I have seen...

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2016, 03:35:06 AM »
Not sure how great a measure that is. For extending the TA tour into new places, sure, but if they're coming back to the same places, the fact that most of us really enjoyed the shows this time doesn't mean we want to see exactly the same show again a few months later.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Krissi91

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2016, 11:09:50 AM »
I'm sure they will stick with TA until 2017. On the last tour they also played exactly the same set when they did the second European run. Even when they played in a city they had already visited on the last leg, they didn't change anything. I think they are a lot less flexible since they do these big "video-shows". However, I wouldn't mind seeing this show again at all :metal

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2016, 11:40:45 AM »
I expect it will be the same setlist throughout. They invested a lot in the album, and the whole live production.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2016, 12:32:54 PM »
I REALLY hope Eastern Europe gets some dates featuring the entire new album.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2016, 01:31:53 PM »
Didn't someone in another thread reference a Brazilian JP interview where he said the entire TA tour cycle would feature TA in its entirety throughout?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline noxon

• Fan Club Professional
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2016, 06:31:36 AM »
JP said to me that this tour cost way too much for it to just be a "one off" - they're going to extend it to as many territories and places as possible. Don't expect any non-TA shows unless it's festival shows.

Offline CharlesPL

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2016, 11:22:17 AM »
October/November (maybe December) 2nd leg in Europe probably.

Online SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2016, 01:39:08 PM »
October/November (maybe December) 2nd leg in Europe probably.

Is this confirmed?

Offline CharlesPL

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2016, 03:06:05 PM »
Not Yet.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2016, 03:10:36 PM »
Charles, any insight on a second US leg? I'm missing the first one. :(

Offline Jinx

• The Unicyclist's #1 fan!
  • Shaaaamaan take my haaaannd!!
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2016, 07:34:36 AM »
Personally I am thinking there's a difference between "The Astonishing Live" and the world tour. I think they may condense it down to one of the halves of the show.

With that being said and assuming they do condense it, what do you include? For me the whole album is one big pie. And I want the whole pie dammit!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2016, 08:35:31 AM »
Sounds like you're getting the whole pie for the entire tour cycle.