Poll

Vote for your THREE LEAST FAVORITE tracks!

On A Perfect Day
0 (0%)
Skeletons At The Feast
0 (0%)
Is This Love?
0 (0%)
All That's Left
0 (0%)
With Your Kiss
3 (23.1%)
Sometimes They Stay, Sometimes They Go
1 (7.7%)
The Slow Crash Landing Man
3 (23.1%)
Wherever You Stand
4 (30.8%)
Hereafter
2 (15.4%)
As Far As The Mind Can See
0 (0%)
Rearranged
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: March 13, 2016, 06:37:29 PM

Author Topic: Spock's Beard Survivor 2016 - Spock's Beard - Round 1  (Read 416 times)

Offline The Letter M

Spock's Beard Survivor 2016 - Spock's Beard - Round 1
« on: March 12, 2016, 05:37:29 PM »
Spock's Beard
On A Perfect Day
Skeletons At The Feast
Is This Love?
All That's Left
With Your Kiss
Sometimes They Stay, Sometimes They Go
The Slow Crash Landing Man
Wherever You Stand
Hereafter
As Far As The Mind Can See
Rearranged

Here we are at the band's 9th album, their self-titled release, which features 11 songs of varying length and style. By that alone, you'd expect a pretty good album, and for some, it is, while others think it's just pretty OK (like me), and even more think it's one of their worst albums to date. Granted, I feel like they could've made an album that was 50-55 minutes long and thrown the rest on a Bonus Disc, but instead, we got everything they had. Octane had a bonus disc and some of it's B-Sides were better than the main album's tracks, so I kind of wished they had done it again but just been a bit more selective on the tracks. Ah well... I still listen to the whole thing anyway.

Since it seems that we've got less than 6-7 voters through the NDV period, and this is an album that is almost universally panned by critics and fans, I've decided to speed up the process a bit by doing multi-vote elimination for the first couple of rounds! For this first round, you guys should vote for THREE SONGS that are your least favorite, and for me, that would be tracks six through eight. That middle run of songs is just SO PLODDING for me sometimes that I can't stand it, man.

..Oh. :lol

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
Re: Spock's Beard Survivor 2016 - Spock's Beard - Round 1
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2016, 12:36:30 AM »
With Your Kiss
Wherever You Stand
Hereafter
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2016, 03:20:46 AM »
This album has got some great songs, but because of the duds it's not even close to my favourite as a whole.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Online Mladen

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2016, 04:41:46 AM »
With Your Kiss
Wherever You Stand
Hereafter
I'll go with these three as well. This album is such a mess, I can make it through the first four songs and then it starts getting extremely tedious.