Author Topic: NCIS Discussion  (Read 584 times)

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
NCIS Discussion
« on: March 02, 2016, 12:44:02 PM »
Any fans here? I started watching this show when my then-girlfriend started spending the evenings together. Both of us only had local channels, and this was the only show we could both agree on. I caught on during Season #3, and was hooked pretty quickly. And I don't generally watch hour-long dramatic shows on TV, then or now. I found it entertaining, exciting, dramatic without being too serious, humorous without being too silly, well-written and well-acted.

Fast-forward several years. Now having a child and family obligations (and a TV-hogging wife) I don't get to watch NCIS anymore, and am about 4-5 seasons behind. But this show is a juggernaut. It is approaching 300 episodes, and has signed on for more seasons. It seems like no one either admits to watching it, or knows anyone who watches it. But someone is watching it. Ever since 2009, it has been the most watched scripted show on TV, and #1 overall in 2012-13. That is crazy.

I haven't watched the newest spinoff, and only saw the LA version a couple times, though thought it was quite good.

So, appreciate NCIS here.

"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: NCIS Discussion
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2016, 01:47:44 PM »
I can tell you that someone big announced that they are leaving after this season.  I've followed it from the beginning and it's still a very strong show.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2016, 03:09:12 PM »
love ncis and new Orleans is good as a spin off as is L.A. Mike Weatherley (s/p) is leaving the orig NCIS. Love is character on the show and will be missed as he is a mainstay on the show.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2016, 03:30:20 PM »
Any fans here? I started watching this show when my then-girlfriend started spending the evenings together. Both of us only had local channels, and this was the only show we could both agree on. I caught on during Season #3, and was hooked pretty quickly. And I don't generally watch hour-long dramatic shows on TV, then or now. I found it entertaining, exciting, dramatic without being too serious, humorous without being too silly, well-written and well-acted.

Fast-forward several years. Now having a child and family obligations (and a TV-hogging wife) I don't get to watch NCIS anymore, and am about 4-5 seasons behind. But this show is a juggernaut. It is approaching 300 episodes, and has signed on for more seasons. It seems like no one either admits to watching it, or knows anyone who watches it. But someone is watching it. Ever since 2009, it has been the most watched scripted show on TV, and #1 overall in 2012-13. That is crazy.

I haven't watched the newest spinoff, and only saw the LA version a couple times, though thought it was quite good.

So, appreciate NCIS here.

My wife loves it.  I love crime dramas, but never really cared for this one or understood the appeal.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."