Author Topic: Shows You Gave Up On  (Read 14590 times)

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
Re: Shows You Gave Up On
« Reply #210 on: September 15, 2016, 10:36:19 AM »
My wife found the show called 'Zoo' on Netflix.   Got though the first series, but my God it's bad, like really bad.

I barely got through the first episode. Complete trash, and I'm surprised it's even survived for this long.

Oh Man that first episode was the best episode, seriously.  The show is just so fucking awful - It has nowhere near the budget for the story it's trying to tell, and the plot is just weird.  This is how series 1 ended...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07IEKdv7spo

Yeah...

So realistically speaking they should all die due to that stampede, but they'll probably come out with cuts and bruises and be driving the same car next season.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #211 on: September 27, 2016, 05:25:42 AM »
Have been close to giving up on Under the Dome several times but I can't stop watching for comical reasons at this point. The characters and the plot makes me mad but I still have a slight urge seeing the development. Light entertainment I guess.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #212 on: September 27, 2016, 07:33:17 AM »
Have been close to giving up on Under the Dome several times but I can't stop watching for comical reasons at this point. The characters and the plot makes me mad but I still have a slight urge seeing the development. Light entertainment I guess.
I gave up on that show about 5 episodes in.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #213 on: September 27, 2016, 07:36:26 AM »
I watched the entire show because of the interesting premise and it was something to kill time, but it was pretty bad. The smarter choice would have been to give up. :lol
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #214 on: September 29, 2016, 08:51:01 AM »
I watched the entire show because of the interesting premise and it was something to kill time, but it was pretty bad. The smarter choice would have been to give up. :lol

Did it have the same ending as the book? Because the book had a really, really annoyingly weak ending - one of King's worst ending and he's written to duff ones!

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #215 on: September 29, 2016, 08:57:07 AM »

Did it have the same ending as the book? Because the book had a really, really annoyingly weak ending - one of King's worst ending and he's written to duff ones!

From what I gather, the series deviates entirely from the book. After the first season, I don't think it bears any resemblance. They just made up new shit to milk it out however long they needed to.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #216 on: September 30, 2016, 05:28:23 AM »
I'm so annoyed by that Phil character that went from laid back radiohost to police officer in one episodes and then acts like it's his proper job, the same can be said about Junior.  :facepalm:
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #217 on: September 30, 2016, 11:12:29 AM »
A tv show based on The Simpsons movie ? :P

Offline Pragmaticcircus

• Classical Composer, Avant prog guitarist , musical artist, music fan, producer and much more....
  • The man wants his coffee ☕
« Reply #218 on: October 14, 2016, 03:56:08 AM »
I gave up on shows a long time ago, not even kidding.  :D
"The thing that kills me is all these bands that use huge words in their lyrics, 'I'm swimming in a vortex of apathy.' I'm like, 'What?' I don't walk up to a friend and go 'That's a stylin' looking vortex of apathy you've got there pal. I was swimming up a river of deceit myself."
- Devin Townsend
"poop" - Ziltoid
Prog for life, all hail metal, I'm very Avant Garde,  God give me back my razor, and all that shit!

Offline NoseofNicko

« Reply #219 on: October 14, 2016, 09:52:23 PM »
Scream Queens. Gave up after 3 or 4 episodes. Horrible.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #220 on: October 15, 2016, 01:15:17 AM »
Scream Queens. Gave up after 3 or 4 episodes. Horrible.

I've seen about 3 or 4 random episodes from the first season and quite enjoyed it. It didn't take itself seriously, and the writing cracked me up. Not my usual kind of show though.