New York City 3/4/93
Bucharest, Romania 7/4/02 (DVD only)
Santiago, Chile 12/6/05 (DVD only)
Master Of Puppets
The Number Of The Beast
Dark Side Of The Moon (CD or DVD)
Made in Japan
Uncovered 2003-2005

Author Topic: What are your 5 ESSENTIAL Ytsejam releases?  (Read 9312 times)

Offline CharlesPL

Re: What are your 5 ESSENTIAL Ytsejam releases?
« Reply #70 on: April 19, 2016, 05:22:56 PM »
My top 5

Majesty Demos
FII Demos
WDADRU
Limelight
Bucharest

HM :

Images and Words Demos
Santiago
Moon

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #71 on: June 24, 2018, 08:42:39 PM »
Well, I just spent several hours trying to order some items from ystejam records.  Each click on an item took several minutes to load, then, after adding several items to my cart, I would get "0 items in your cart".  I guess they don't actually want to sell stuff anymore?

Online Schurftkut

« Reply #72 on: June 24, 2018, 09:11:24 PM »
MP isn't allowed to sell DT stuff after he left. Ytsejam was his thing, so that's why you can't order anymore.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #73 on: June 24, 2018, 09:27:54 PM »
You should still be able to order.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #74 on: June 25, 2018, 06:35:23 PM »
You should still be able to order.

After stubbornly persisting for another half hour, I was, finally, able to place my order.  It seems like maybe the website is connected to the internet via dial-up.

Online pg1067

« Reply #75 on: June 26, 2018, 01:38:47 PM »
The four I own are

I&W Demos
Making of SFaM
WDaDRu
NYC 3/4/93

I used to have the NYC show on a cassette that someone I met on Prodigy copied and sent me back in late '93.  The CD was dying, so it was good to get it replaced on CD.

MP isn't allowed to sell DT stuff after he left. Ytsejam was his thing, so that's why you can't order anymore.

So...you've seen the agreement that was signed after he left?

I bought the Making of SFaM no more than 3-4 years ago and maybe got one of the others subsequent to MP leaving.  When I received the Making of SFAM, one of the discs was cracked.  I sent an e-mail to the "Contact Us" link and got an answer the next day and a replacement product about two days later.

My understanding is that the agreement allowed YtseJam Records to continue selling existing stock but can't produce new stock, and it looks like about 40% of the DT stuff is out of stock.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #76 on: June 27, 2018, 09:06:59 AM »
I bought the Making of SFaM no more than 3-4 years ago and maybe got one of the others subsequent to MP leaving.  When I received the Making of SFAM, one of the discs was cracked.  I sent an e-mail to the "Contact Us" link and got an answer the next day and a replacement product about two days later.

My understanding is that the agreement allowed YtseJam Records to continue selling existing stock but can't produce new stock, and it looks like about 40% of the DT stuff is out of stock.

I don't believe the band has at any point commented on exactly what the status is.  But based on what I have seen actually occur since the MP/DT split, I believe your assessment is pretty accurate.  I ordered a few things right after the split, just in case they weren't going to be available again, and I got them no problem.  And I know of several people that have posted here that they have ordered even after the legalities were settled, and have gotten their stuff.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online pg1067

« Reply #77 on: June 27, 2018, 10:47:52 AM »

I don't believe the band has at any point commented on exactly what the status is.  But based on what I have seen actually occur since the MP/DT split, I believe your assessment is pretty accurate.  I ordered a few things right after the split, just in case they weren't going to be available again, and I got them no problem.  And I know of several people that have posted here that they have ordered even after the legalities were settled, and have gotten their stuff.

Yeah...when I mentioned "my understanding," I have no recollection of where that understanding came from.  I remember when I ordered the Making of SFAM (after all the legalities were settled), I was a little worried that, while the site appeared to be operating normally, my order wouldn't be processed.  However, as mentioned, my order was processed quickly AND customer service was quickly responsive when I reported the problem with the disc I received.  I recall posting something on MP's forum giving kudos to the store and the specific person who responded to me.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #78 on: June 27, 2018, 11:17:49 AM »
I only have two  - the Master of Puppets and Number of the Beast cover albums.  Those are two of my all time favorite records and I loved having Dream Theater's take on them.  I couldn't justify the prices on a lot of the others - even though a ton of work went into the final products, paying $15 to $20 for cd's is way too much money for me.  More power to those that love them - if they were cheaper, I'd have enjoyed some of the live shows and demo sets.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #79 on: June 27, 2018, 11:27:31 AM »
When Dream and Day Re-Unite

easily the most essential of them all.  This has practically become to definitive version of the debut album.  I pretty much won't ever listen to the original album, but this live version with JLB and JR is fantastic.  Plus the extra songs and Dominici/Sherinian are awesome.

The next four, I chose cover albums.  Why?  I don't care for demos so the making of albums are hardly essential, you'd just go listen to the actual album for what is essential.  Then there are lots of good live albums.  I'd say Santiago and Bucharest are the best.  Have great setlists and some interesting covers and extended instrumentals on them that make them unique.  However, DT has lots of better live albums in their main catalog.  So I don't view any of those as essential.

In the end, I chose:

The Number of the Beast
Made in Japan
The Dark Side of the Moon
Uncovered

Why?  Because that is the only place you will find DT playing these cover songs and they are all done really well.  I find the MOP cover album to be my least favorite, I just don't like the way those songs came out.  But these four, are all fantastic cover songs.  To me, that is essential since this is the only place you can find those.

Online pg1067

« Reply #80 on: June 27, 2018, 11:49:13 AM »
I don't care for demos so the making of albums are hardly essential, you'd just go listen to the actual album for what is essential.

I couldn't disagree more.  For me, demos are "essential" where they are significantly different from what went onto the album and/or where they show the evolution of the songwriting.  This is very evident from the I&W Demos discs.  On the other hand, I believe Bosk informed me that the Awake Demos aren't much different from what's on the album, so I haven't bought them.  Likewise, the Making of SFAM, which is far more than just demos, should be of great interest to any DT fan.  There is a big chunk of it on YouTube that I would encourage you to check out.  The alternative mixes are also quite interesting (at least IMO).  A couple of them I prefer to what the band chose for the album.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #81 on: June 27, 2018, 11:52:49 AM »
I don't care for demos so the making of albums are hardly essential, you'd just go listen to the actual album for what is essential.

I couldn't disagree more.  For me, demos are "essential" where they are significantly different from what went onto the album and/or where they show the evolution of the songwriting.  This is very evident from the I&W Demos discs.  On the other hand, I believe Bosk informed me that the Awake Demos aren't much different from what's on the album, so I haven't bought them.  Likewise, the Making of SFAM, which is far more than just demos, should be of great interest to any DT fan.  There is a big chunk of it on YouTube that I would encourage you to check out.  The alternative mixes are also quite interesting (at least IMO).  A couple of them I prefer to what the band chose for the album.

The only one of these demos I have is the SFAM one and I thought that was a waste of time.  I think there was one track that was cool, I forget which one.  But just because they are different doesn't mean they are essential to me.  The reason they didn't make it is because it's not the essential verson of the song.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #82 on: June 27, 2018, 12:26:03 PM »
As cool as I always thought Ytsejam Records is as an entity, I've never been too interested in the product personally. The WDaDRU is quite enjoyable, and while some might have found being at that show a drag, I am glad it was recorded. And at least that was DT material. I'd be seriously pissed if I showed up at a DT show and got a full album's worth of Metallica.

Otherwise there are enough quality "official" live DT albums to keep me happy, I don't care for demos (see below) nor do I care for covers.

I couldn't disagree more.  For me, demos are "essential" where they are significantly different from what went onto the album and/or where they show the evolution of the songwriting. 

Never would have thought of experiencing any artwork in any form other than its final rendition as "essential." A curiosity, maybe, but nothing more. I don't want to see a rough cut of The Godfather, or the first draft of The Shining. It would be in no way essential to my enjoyment of the actual final product.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #83 on: June 27, 2018, 12:48:54 PM »

The only one of these demos I have is the SFAM one and I thought that was a waste of time.  I think there was one track that was cool, I forget which one.  But just because they are different doesn't mean they are essential to me.  The reason they didn't make it is because it's not the essential verson of the song.

I'll put it this way:  I'm glad I have it, and I am glad I have listened to it.  It really sheds a lot of cool insight into the SFAM writing and recording sessions that merely reading about them cannot give you.  From that perspective, it is one of the coolest things DT has ever put out for the fans, IMO.  That said, it has very little replay value for me (and probably for most).  I think I listened to the entire thing twice when I first got it, and maybe listened to the alternate mix a couple of times more.  Realizing that it has been so long, I think I may revisit it again now.  And, again, actually hearing it is a REALLY cool experience and a valuable one as a fan of the band and that album.  But having had that experience, it isn't a product I will likely ever listen to very much again, despite loving that I have it in my collection.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #84 on: June 27, 2018, 12:53:28 PM »

I'll put it this way:  I'm glad I have it, and I am glad I have listened to it.  It really sheds a lot of cool insight into the SFAM writing and recording sessions that merely reading about them cannot give you.  From that perspective, it is one of the coolest things DT has ever put out for the fans, IMO.  That said, it has very little replay value for me (and probably for most).  I think I listened to the entire thing twice when I first got it, and maybe listened to the alternate mix a couple of times more.  Realizing that it has been so long, I think I may revisit it again now.  And, again, actually hearing it is a REALLY cool experience and a valuable one as a fan of the band and that album.  But having had that experience, it isn't a product I will likely ever listen to very much again, despite loving that I have it in my collection.

I should say "waste of time" was kind of a bad way of putting it.  There's value for the hardcore fan.  I consider myself a hard core fan, but other than a first listen, it wasn't something to continually go back to.  The final album is where it's at.  That's essentially why it's not "essential" to me.  Essentially what Cool Chris wrote regarding the same.  But also, I am not a demo guy.  It's cool to have, but I can't think of a single instance (including other bands) where I actively listen to demos.  I would just always prefer the final product.  I do admit, DT has a few demos that are cool like the FII ones that change the songs enough to make them super interesting, but they still are not as good as the final product IMO.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #85 on: June 27, 2018, 12:57:55 PM »
Yeah, I hear you.  And I am basically of the same mind regarding demos.  But I do go back to the FII demos from time to time, mostly for the additional songs.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #86 on: June 27, 2018, 07:11:11 PM »
Yeah, I hear you.  And I am basically of the same mind regarding demos.  But I do go back to the FII demos from time to time, mostly for the additional songs.

It's what makes the FII Demos the only essential demo.

I do have the I&W, and it is actually quite interesting. Essential? nah. But very interesting for a long time fan, especially of I&W.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online The Letter M

« Reply #87 on: June 28, 2018, 04:10:19 AM »
The Majesty Demos 1985-1986
Gotta appreciate where the band began, and this is about as thorough as a starting point as we'll ever get. The actual demo album is pretty great for what it is, but the added pre-demo demos are pretty great insights into the youth of the members.

Falling Into Infinity Demos
As many may have said already, this is an amazing look into what the band wanted the songs to be before things got shuffled around. I love the original version of "Take Away My Pain", and the other original versions here (BMS, AL, LITS, etc.) are interesting enough to pick out the differences! Also, that Metropolis Part 2 Demo is worth the price of admission alone!

Tokyo, Japan 10/28/95
With all of the latter-day live albums here, I felt that there's enough post-Sherinian live stuff officially released that this Awake Tour show should get the spotlight (though I seriously did consider picking Bucharest here instead). A show with 7 Awake songs, 4 IAW songs, and ACOS in its entirety (with Sherinian) make this worth it, and that medley isn't too bad either. There's also solos for Derek and Mike, and a song that would become a JP solo tune! It's a unique look into a time of the band that I feel didn't get enough love.

When Dream And Day Reunite
This was, and still is, a landmark show, and I'm so thankful that the band had the foresight to put it together and release it for us fans to enjoy! The guests at the end for the encore are fantastic, and I really dig what Dominici did with his lines in Metropolis (there's one line that he syncopates that sounds SO good). The actual performance of WDADU is pretty stellar, too.

New York City 3/4/93
Had this show been officially released, it'd be up there with great prog live albums such as Exit...Stage Left, Yessongs, Seconds Out, and the like. We get all of IAW, plus the early version of ACOS (which was only played 4 times), 2 B-Sides (To Live Forever, Eve), and 3 of the better WDADU songs, all performed with the youthful energy of a band on the rise. When it comes to live DT, there are fewer albums I'll just put on and spin on a whim, and this is one of them. Hearing JLB in this is other-worldly, especially in TTT and LTL, but everyone else shines as well!

(Also, this is my first DT-forum-side post in a LONG time...lol This is a great topic of discussion, and might get me back into listening to DT regularly again)

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #88 on: June 28, 2018, 08:15:10 AM »
Interesting that you list those two live shows, Marc, and that you hold them in such high regard.  With all the great live releases DT have put out, I'll admit that I have barely spun those two and barely paid attention when I did.  I think I will have to revisit them.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #89 on: June 28, 2018, 08:26:15 AM »
Interesting that you list those two live shows, Marc, and that you hold them in such high regard.  With all the great live releases DT have put out, I'll admit that I have barely spun those two and barely paid attention when I did.  I think I will have to revisit them.

Yea, actually those two live shows I dont have and have always considered that NYC show the one I should get next, but really haven't thought about it in awhile until this thread.

Offline bill1971

« Reply #90 on: June 28, 2018, 08:52:55 AM »
For me, the "Director's Cut" of FII is the definitive version, and the only one I really listen to (of the two).  After that, I just picked the live releases (though I could easily have picked the Made In Japan and Dark Side covers as well).

Yes, agreed. So many gems on that one

Online The Letter M

« Reply #91 on: June 28, 2018, 10:25:28 AM »

They're two of my favorites, TBH, and the NYC show in particular is a great look into Pre-Accident JLB, when his voice could do live what he recorded on IAW. If you love Live At The Marquee, there's no reason NOT to get this show.

And the Tokyo 95 show, while Post-Accident, still features JLB's youthful energy in his vocals. You can tell he wasn't on stage a lot with all of the instrumental sections, medleys, and solos throughout the show, but when he DOES sing, it's still phenomenal.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #92 on: June 28, 2018, 10:51:29 AM »
They're two of my favorites, TBH, and the NYC show in particular is a great look into Pre-Accident JLB, when his voice could do live what he recorded on IAW. If you love Live At The Marquee, there's no reason NOT to get this show.

Yeah, great point.  I mean, it DOES still have Eve though.  But I can always just hit "skip" and enjoy the rest, I suppose.

Online The Letter M

« Reply #93 on: June 28, 2018, 10:55:09 AM »

Yeah, great point.  I mean, it DOES still have Eve though.  But I can always just hit "skip" and enjoy the rest, I suppose.

Psh, Eve is fine on this album. If all you've heard is the studio version, the live one is a bit better. They also throw in some voice samples as well, and the whole thing just feels more...well, live. The studio version feels flat compared to this one.

-Marc.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #94 on: June 28, 2018, 10:59:58 AM »
Well, I have heard it.  I have all of the Ytsejam releases and have listened to them.  I just haven't paid much attention to some, including the two live releases you mentioned, and I'm sure I either skipped or stopped paying attention when Eve was playing.  I do vaguely recall the voice samples, but don't recall feeling like they added anything significant.  If you like the song, cool.  I never have and rank it at the bottom of the DT catalog among the few songs of theirs I can't stand.  But you can have my piece, so more for you.   :tup

Online The Letter M

« Reply #95 on: June 28, 2018, 12:07:57 PM »
Well, I have heard it.  I have all of the Ytsejam releases and have listened to them.  I just haven't paid much attention to some, including the two live releases you mentioned, and I'm sure I either skipped or stopped paying attention when Eve was playing.  I do vaguely recall the voice samples, but don't recall feeling like they added anything significant.  If you like the song, cool.  I never have and rank it at the bottom of the DT catalog among the few songs of theirs I can't stand.  But you can have my piece, so more for you.   :tup

I don't LOVE it, per se, but as part of the time period, it fits well within the NYC show, and makes for a fine lead-in into PMU!

I also love how many continuous runs of songs there are in this show - Metropolis/AFIL, Eve/PMU, and Another Day/Another Hand/The Killing Hand, as well as the obvious WFS/LTL combo in the encore.

-Marc.

Offline PetFish

« Reply #96 on: June 28, 2018, 04:26:26 PM »
I've just ordered The Making of Scenes From A Memory.

But I'm afraid that I could lose my money if they are not shipping, do you know if they are still active?

The vocal demo of Spirit Carries On with JP and Bongo is amazing and a great example of how you can't just have anyone sing like it's nothing.

Online pg1067

« Reply #97 on: June 28, 2018, 05:30:29 PM »
I've just ordered The Making of Scenes From A Memory.

But I'm afraid that I could lose my money if they are not shipping, do you know if they are still active?

The vocal demo of Spirit Carries On with JP and Bongo is amazing and a great example of how you can't just have anyone sing like it's nothing.

One of the best things on there!

Offline Robo4900

• The Killing Hand
« Reply #98 on: July 04, 2018, 01:11:15 PM »
The Bucharest and When Dream And Day Reunite DVDs are the two essential ones I'd say. Better than most of the official main DVD releases; they're just really awesome, and any DT fan's collection would be incomplete without them.

Aside from those two, I really don't know; it's really up to the individual. The FII demos seem like an obvious choice, but the sound quality is exceptionally poor, and it's out of stock. The I&W demos seem like another good choice, but a lot of the really cool things on there are just things you'd listen to once or twice, or stuff that isn't as good as stuff you can get elsewhere(ACOS demo doesn't use James LaBrie, there's a really nice version with LaBrie on vocals you can get from the unofficial bootleg Antiquities; ditto for Don't Look Past Me, but there's also the Cleaning Out The Closet/Lifting Shadows version)...
So... I dunno.

I'm not sure how true this is, actually.

At one point, I did send an email asking about whether the I&W and FII demos would ever be restocked, the response to which was pretty much "No idea. Probably not?"
However, only a few weeks later, the Majesty Demos CD -- which had been out of stock for at least a few months -- was suddenly in-stock again for a while. I didn't get a chance to actually place an order for a copy, but it did indeed restock.

I don't know what the YtseJam Records situation is, but whatever it is, stuff can still be sold, and it seems that some items may be able to be restocked, but it's pretty unclear.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 01:18:38 PM by Robo4900 »
Q: "When he went, had you gone and had she, if she wanted to and were able, for the time being excluding all the restraints on her not to go also, would he have brought you, meaning she and then, to the station?"
A: "OBJECTION, your honor! That question should be taken out and shot!"
--Allegedly from Utah vs Kelly, Superior Court of Utah, 1994. May be apocryphal

Offline KISS 76

« Reply #99 on: July 09, 2018, 01:06:48 AM »
I miss the Ytsejam releases...  :'(   
I really used to look forward to when Mike would announce the upcoming titles.
I also recall he was asked & listed what would have been the next batch of releases somewhere that were pretty cool.
I have them all & will continue to get them should any more be available.
Surely the band & MP can come to some licensing agreement in a mature way.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #100 on: July 09, 2018, 09:20:39 AM »
I also recall he was asked & listed what would have been the next batch of releases somewhere that were pretty cool.

Probably not worth the hassle though, but I can only think of the BCSL shows as a possible "unreleased ytse jam" bootleg.

Online pg1067

« Reply #101 on: July 09, 2018, 10:13:40 AM »

My guess (and it's nothing but a guess) is that, while the band was around, one or more of he other members of DT wasn't fond of some of the bootleg/making of releases through the Ytse Jam Store, but the band's internal governing agreements provided no real way to curtail MP's activity in that regard.  Therefore, when MP left and there was a new agreement signed (while I don't have any inside info, it's impossible to believe that MP and the rest of the band didn't sign some sort of agreement in connection with MP's departure), the YJS activity was curtailed.  I expressed earlier in this thread that my understanding (from something I read somewhere) was that the YJS was allowed to continue selling existing stock, but that nothing new would be produced.  Bosk, who has a greater degree of inside knowledge than I, seemed to confirm that my understanding was roughly accurate.

With that said, it's not a matter of "com[ing] to some licensing agreement in a mature way."  It would be a matter of MP having the desire to release something new and DT being willing to reconsider.  My assumption is that, the further removed he gets from DT, the less likely MP will have interest in revisiting DT material.  I also have no reason to believe JP/JM/JLB/JR would want to change their minds about this.  Of course, MP could release similar stuff for his other projects, but he probably would do that through a different platform.

Probably not worth the hassle though, but I can only think of the BCSL shows as a possible "unreleased ytse jam" bootleg.

Other than the Santiago show, there's nothing post-ToT.  I would imagine there could be some "making of Octavarium" stuff that could be very interesting.  I personally wouldn't be interested in anything relating to SC or BC&SL, but that could be out there as well.

Offline theanalogkid7

• Just a guy
  • There are many knots I cannot untie.
« Reply #102 on: July 09, 2018, 10:27:23 AM »
Man, I wish I had picked up a copy of the I&W and FII demos when they were available. 
We are here to make everything better. We are going to make airplanes out of beef. - Alex Lifeson

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #103 on: July 09, 2018, 11:17:09 AM »
I thought they were still selling and reproducing whats already there, and they weren't making any more newer releases from MP's archives?
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Robo4900

• The Killing Hand
« Reply #104 on: July 11, 2018, 03:49:55 PM »
Other than the Santiago show, there's nothing post-ToT.  I would imagine there could be some "making of Octavarium" stuff that could be very interesting.  I personally wouldn't be interested in anything relating to SC or BC&SL, but that could be out there as well.
As I recall, the bootlegs MP had lined up were...
Download Festival 2009 DVD;
Summer Sonic Festival 2010 DVD;
Rush live covers compilation (Likely CD);
The Making Of Six Degrees (Presumably CD);
1998-12-30 live CD.

It is somewhat unclear as to whether the BCSL DVDs would have been simply those two shows in full as DVDs, or whether it would have been a compilation like Chaos In Motion was(I remember it as the latter, this post from Setlist Scotty suggests it was the former. Not sure who's right here, so I've assumed Setlist Scotty knows better than I do), but regardless, having some BCSL live stuff officially released would have been nice, and that 1998 CD would have been unbelievable.
Q: "When he went, had you gone and had she, if she wanted to and were able, for the time being excluding all the restraints on her not to go also, would he have brought you, meaning she and then, to the station?"
A: "OBJECTION, your honor! That question should be taken out and shot!"
--Allegedly from Utah vs Kelly, Superior Court of Utah, 1994. May be apocryphal