Author Topic: HBO's Vinyl  (Read 2969 times)

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Re: HBO's Vinyl
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2016, 02:31:15 PM »
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2016, 02:33:55 PM »
Fuck.

I had been critical of some aspects of this show, but I really did enjoy it and was looking forward to another season  >:(

Offline countoftuscany42

« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2016, 07:06:56 PM »
yeah I'm bummed about this, it wasn't a perfect show but I enjoyed it a lot.  my dad's annoyed since we just visited the HBO store in NY last week and he bought a t-shirt from vinyl  :lol 
go figure...  :face palm:

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2016, 05:43:47 AM »
Really not surprising though considering the cost of this show, the low ratings, and then the drama with Terrance Winter getting kicked off.  Just sucks because I loved watching Bobby act as Richie.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2016, 07:38:34 AM »
Bobby Cannavale can do no wrong as far as I'm concerned.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2016, 08:32:49 AM »
Bums me out.  I'm 5 episodes into the 10 episode first season, and I'm loving it!  I was all excited that they'd been renewed for a second season, but now they've gone back on it.  And I'm told that this leaves a lot of unanswered questions.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2016, 10:27:59 AM »
Well, everything isn't wrapped up in a tidy bow.  But I was satisfied with the season.

If that's all we get, I feel like I got a complete story.  Not just part of a story.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2016, 12:22:16 PM »
Well, everything isn't wrapped up in a tidy bow.  But I was satisfied with the season.

If that's all we get, I feel like I got a complete story.  Not just part of a story.

I wouldn't say a complete story at all, but they did at least wrap up the biggest storyline of the season for the most part, just nothing else.

Offline jasc15

• TTAL: Yeti welcome
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2016, 07:42:41 PM »
Since I'm not really in tune with what goes on in the land of TV, I only found out about the cancellation from Mike Portnoy's Twitter account.  I thought one of the replies to his tweet was kinda funny:

@MikePortnoy I wanted #Vinyl to be about music. Scorsese makes everything into an Italian mob show

I thought that plotline was a bit out of place the whole season, but maybe there is some historical relevance there.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2016, 06:53:16 AM »
Scorsese does always do movies/shows with a mob influence.  I was actually surprised there was less of one in this show (although it seemed like if they ddi a second season, the mob presence would have been larger).  And the show was still more about the record label than the mob anyway.