7 (8.1%)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
1 (1.2%)
Tennessee Titans
0 (0%)
Washington Redskins
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Author Topic: 2016 NFL THREAD - Super Bowl 51 - Patriots' Day: V - Screw Goodell  (Read 218823 times)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: 2016 NFL THREAD - Super Bowl 51 - Patriots vs. Falcons
« Reply #3290 on: February 05, 2017, 06:46:26 PM »
2 drops.  Not the way you win
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3291 on: February 05, 2017, 06:54:42 PM »
YES! This is going great!

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #3292 on: February 05, 2017, 07:06:21 PM »
Wow, Atlanta's offense have been beautiful to watch tonight. Just incredible! This is a rout atm!

(2.05am as I write, and just as I write, NE get into the endzone, and miss the XP.)

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3293 on: February 05, 2017, 07:25:41 PM »
....and cost us a progressive with that missed XP

If this were outdoors in 30 degree temps, the game 'might' be different.  Kind of like the old Vikings and Broncos going 'south' in more ways than one.  Really impressed with the Falcons D.  Not surprised that the Pats offense would be a bit off, but this has to be rather shocking to everyone.   
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3294 on: February 05, 2017, 08:02:07 PM »
Holy shit Jones
Holy shit Edelman

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3295 on: February 05, 2017, 08:03:19 PM »
The party at my house has now turned it to a 'Get your own damn refills' party. Except no one has left their seat in the past 10 minutes. Amazing game!
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3296 on: February 05, 2017, 08:12:06 PM »
What a game. What a finish.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3297 on: February 05, 2017, 08:14:58 PM »
OVERTIME

HISTORY

Brady should have bombed it instead of that mess

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #3298 on: February 05, 2017, 08:16:17 PM »
I hope the Pats win now. Matt Ryan deserves to lose after being a total dumbass.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3299 on: February 05, 2017, 08:16:35 PM »

Brady should have bombed it instead of that mess

If they lose, that will be a big second guess.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline RoeDent

« Reply #3300 on: February 05, 2017, 08:19:10 PM »
Right then...who had this one going to overtime?

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3301 on: February 05, 2017, 08:24:38 PM »
Who called that play, Pete Carrol??
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3302 on: February 05, 2017, 08:26:33 PM »
Wow. Falcons folded like a napkin the moment they hit 28. Very deserved loss.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3303 on: February 05, 2017, 08:26:49 PM »
The Pats did it again. Congrats to the resident Pat fans.

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #3304 on: February 05, 2017, 08:30:14 PM »
Great game, what the hell happened to the Falcons at the end there. I didn't get to watch after the 3rd quarter, but then that's when the Falcons began folding (I just followed live play by play.)
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3305 on: February 05, 2017, 08:31:25 PM »
GGGOOOOAAATT!!

I'm in shock.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3306 on: February 05, 2017, 08:32:41 PM »
 :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal

Great game, what the hell happened to the Falcons at the end there. I didn't get to watch after the 3rd quarter,
:hefdaddy

Thank you!

:lol

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3307 on: February 05, 2017, 08:34:08 PM »
GGGOOOOAAATT!!

I'm in shock.

He's certainly in the conversation

Offline RoeDent

« Reply #3308 on: February 05, 2017, 08:35:42 PM »
I'm speechless. That game had everything. Without question the best Super Bowl I've ever seen.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3309 on: February 05, 2017, 08:39:32 PM »
The best part about the Pats getting killed, was that, since I have to be at work at 5:00 am, I didn't have to stay up watching the Trophy Presentation and the Post Game. And I could stop drinking. :lol

Just popped a pint of Trooper 666! :metal

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #3310 on: February 05, 2017, 08:40:32 PM »
I hope the Pats win now. Matt Ryan deserves to lose after being a total dumbass.

Well, I'll never hope the Pats the win, but Matt Ryan had no clue about situational football.  Not only did he take a sack when he should've gotten rid of it on the previous possession, he also clocked it on 2nd and 6 instead of 1st and 10 at the end of regulation.  Very poor decision making in clutch situations.  Hard to believe he is league MVP after that utter collapse.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3311 on: February 05, 2017, 08:44:57 PM »
Wow, what a game! Was pretty much a stinker up till the 4th quarter, terrible commercials and just an ok halftime show... then the Brady show  :omg:

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3312 on: February 05, 2017, 08:45:15 PM »
A Kevin Youkillis sighting!! :metal

(He's married to Tom Brady's sister)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3313 on: February 05, 2017, 08:45:36 PM »
Brady Gaga!!!!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3314 on: February 05, 2017, 08:46:41 PM »
GTFO the stage Goodell. You too Strahan!

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3315 on: February 05, 2017, 08:49:20 PM »
I am speechless. I am without speech.

LOL That ESPN Win Probability had ATL at 99.6% at 9:00 in the 4th.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 08:55:22 PM by Cool Chris »
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3316 on: February 05, 2017, 08:53:22 PM »
Heavy advantage being granted by a coin flip in OT has to be the worst rule in sports that I know of. At least scrap that shit for the playoffs. But meh.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #3317 on: February 05, 2017, 08:54:08 PM »

Well, I'll never hope the Pats the win, but Matt Ryan had no clue about situational football.  Not only did he take a sack when he should've gotten rid of it on the previous possession, he also clocked it on 2nd and 6 instead of 1st and 10 at the end of regulation.  Very poor decision making in clutch situations.  Hard to believe he is league MVP after that utter collapse.

He's a fraud.  Sure, he looks great when he has time to throw and a million weapons, but when the pressure is on, he choked. Big time.  That lack of situational awareness was unbelievable.  Throwing on 2nd down with 4 minutes left was a bad play call (I said run in three times and kick the FG after Julio's epic catch), but standing back there all day and taking the sack was something a rookie would do.  Total fraud.

That said, congrats to the Patriots on an epic comeback. They deserved it.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #3318 on: February 05, 2017, 08:54:33 PM »
So that just happened. I honestly don't know what else I expected at this point. At any rate, I'm done. This Jets fan has been hurt by football too many times and I just can't handle another season of watching the Patriots win with the coach who refused to coach for us, the quarterback that we put on the field for the first time, all the while the Jets continue to suck no matter what changes they make. I simply cannot do it anymore. Until Brady retires, I know how every season is going to end, with the Patriots deep in the playoffs and the Jets at home come January, and I just don't have the stomach or heart to deal with it like I used to. Wake me up when this nightmare ends.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #3319 on: February 05, 2017, 08:58:53 PM »
Amazing game. The moment when Atl choked it away was right after THE Julio catch, instead of 3 runs and a FG Ryan takes a moronic sack and combined with holding penalty pushed them out of FG range. 11 point lead would have been game over. Ryan pissed himself in the 2nd half.

Whoops, sorry, I see this was already posted above.

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3320 on: February 05, 2017, 09:01:33 PM »
MVP Julio Jones talks about that 'catch' with under four minutes left, leading to the clinching FG after three running plays gave the Falcons an overwhelming 11 point lead with under three minutes to go.

Oooooops :tdwn

The decisions by the Falcon coaching staff were FAR worse than what people blame Carroll and Seattle for two years ago.  THAT was a spectacular play by the NE DB.  This, ....this,..... was a bunch of clusterflucker playcalls that led to them punting, and putting the game on the line in the hands of 'The Master'.

And, good grief, I was checking stats on occasion:  90+ plays to 46, 31 first downs to 17, ...and that was at the end of regulation.  Ended up 93-46 in plays, 37-17 first downs, 546-346 total yards.  Oh, great catch by Edelmann :hefdaddy

I tip my hat to Brady and Belichick. I despise Kraft, but to hear all the people booing GODell, and then that speech, basically an 'UP YOURS, Roger!'...it made this Raven fan smile.

Congrats, you m#th$rf@ck%rs :tup

...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #3321 on: February 05, 2017, 09:02:38 PM »
Amazing game. The moment when Atl choked it away was right after THE Julio catch, instead of 3 runs and a FG Ryan takes a moronic sack and combined with holding penalty pushed them out of FG range. 11 point lead would have been game over. Ryan pissed himself in the 2nd half.

On the one hand, it was awful play calling by Shanahan.  Run it three times and let your stud kicker put you up 11 and its over.  Instead, you call a pass, your MVP QB takes the dumbest sack ever, and you are now victims of the biggest choke job I've ever seen in a championship game.

On the other hand, Matt Ryan is still the biggest fraud ever.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3322 on: February 05, 2017, 09:04:52 PM »

He's a fraud.  Sure, he looks great when he has time to throw and a million weapons, but when the pressure is on, he choked. Big time.  That lack of situational awareness was unbelievable.  Throwing on 2nd down with 4 minutes left was a bad play call (I said run in three times and kick the FG after Julio's epic catch), but standing back there all day and taking the sack was something a rookie would do.  Total fraud.

That said, congrats to the Patriots on an epic comeback. They deserved it.

That's a bit too strong Kev. He's not a fraud. He buzzed though the Seahawks and the made the Packers look silly. And for 75 % of the SB he was on his way to the win.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3323 on: February 05, 2017, 09:05:09 PM »

The decisions by the Falcon coaching staff were FAR worse than what people blame Carroll and Seattle for two years ago.  THAT was a spectacular play by the NE DB.  This, ....this,..... was a bunch of clusterflucker playcalls that led to them punting, and putting the game on the line in the hands of 'The Master'.

Let's not get crazy. Seattle throwing in that spot was the single worst play call in Super Bowl history, if not in the history of professional sports.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: 2016 NFL THREAD - Super Bowl 51 - Patriots' Day: V - Screw Goodell
« Reply #3324 on: February 05, 2017, 09:06:06 PM »
I'm surprised Ladanian Tomlinson isn't wearing a helmet.