7 (8.1%)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
1 (1.2%)
Tennessee Titans
0 (0%)
Washington Redskins
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Author Topic: 2016 NFL THREAD - Super Bowl 51 - Patriots' Day: V - Screw Goodell  (Read 218768 times)

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: 2016 NFL THREAD - Super Bowl 51 - Patriots vs. Falcons
« Reply #3255 on: February 04, 2017, 06:51:05 PM »
No disrespect to those who are being inducted into the Hall of Fame, but I am compelled to, once again, state that there's no way in hell all of those guys were more deserving than Terrell Owens.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3256 on: February 04, 2017, 06:51:54 PM »
No.  Beer for the SB.

DUUUUUUDE!

BTW, I think Ty Law should have made the HOF.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3257 on: February 04, 2017, 07:06:42 PM »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #3258 on: February 04, 2017, 07:56:23 PM »
No disrespect to those who are being inducted into the Hall of Fame, but I am compelled to, once again, state that there's no way in hell all of those guys were more deserving than Terrell Owens.

Owens will get it eventually. Voters are just making him wait as punishment for always being a douche. Character matters.

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3259 on: February 04, 2017, 11:31:24 PM »

Owens will get it eventually. Voters are just making him wait as punishment for always being a douche. Character matters.
I can't wait until we get to see Ray Lewis inducted before Owens next year, while making a guy who is arguably the second or third best receiver of all-time wait.

Sidenote: Ray Lewis is unquestionably a Hall of Famer, I just will find it amusing when his character issues are brushed aside.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3260 on: February 05, 2017, 07:14:17 AM »
HAPPY SUPER BOWL SUNDAY

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3261 on: February 05, 2017, 07:16:05 AM »
Yes sir!  I'm finding hard to concentrate at work right now  lol.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #3262 on: February 05, 2017, 08:17:02 AM »

I can't wait until we get to see Ray Lewis inducted before Owens next year, while making a guy who is arguably the second or third best receiver of all-time wait.

Sidenote: Ray Lewis is unquestionably a Hall of Famer, I just will find it amusing when his character issues are brushed aside.

Not that I would ever defend Lewis or his actions regarding that murder, but his one issue never affected his football team on the field or off.  Owens was a pain in the ass in the locker room on multiple teams. 

Lewis played on one team his entire career and was a key team leader on two championship teams.

Owens. despite his on field production, bounced from team to team because he wore out his welcome everywhere he played.  The same goes for Randy Moss, who might not get in right away either.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3263 on: February 05, 2017, 08:24:03 AM »
Look at Moss in his day and how he treated the media and now he's in the media. 

Online PowerSlave

« Reply #3264 on: February 05, 2017, 08:53:25 AM »

Not that I would ever defend Lewis or his actions regarding that murder, but his one issue never affected his football team on the field or off.  Owens was a pain in the ass in the locker room on multiple teams. 

Lewis played on one team his entire career and was a key team leader on two championship teams.

Owens. despite his on field production, bounced from team to team because he wore out his welcome everywhere he played.  The same goes for Randy Moss, who might not get in right away either.

Kev nailed it.

Also, 2nd or 3rd best WR all time? It's an opinion and can't be wrong, but I'm not sure most people would consider him that high. Of course, he can only be judged within the era that he played, as is the case with any player. He probably has better numbers than many others at his position, but that's not the only measurement.
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #3265 on: February 05, 2017, 09:16:58 AM »
I think it's always interesting to look at how many times a player made All-Pro.  Let's look at some of the top WRs of the last 35 years and how many times they were All-Pro:

Jerry Rice
10x 1st team
2x 2nd team

Marvin Harrison
3x 1st team
5x 2nd team

Randy Moss
4x 1st team

Terrell Owens
5x 1st team

Cris Carter
2x 1st team
1x 2nd team

Michael Irvin
1x 1st team
2x 2nd team

Tim Brown
2x 1st team

Larry Fitzgerald
1x 1st team
2x 2nd team

Calvin Johnson
3x 1st team
1x 2nd team

Torry Holt
1x 1st team
2x 2nd team

Antonio Brown
3x 1st team
1x 2nd team

Steve Smith
2x 1st team
1x 2nd team

Andre Johnson
2x 1st team
2x 2nd team

Chad Johnson
4x 1st team

That last one shocked me.  I don't think Johnson has much of a shot to make the Hall, but four All-Pro 1st teams, that came in four consecutive season, is a helluva accomplishment.

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3266 on: February 05, 2017, 11:00:13 AM »

Owens was also quite successful with every team he played for, even playing for really bad Bills and Bengals teams in his late 30s, which I don't think he gets enough credit for. He wasn't reliant on a particular quarterback or coaching staff to produce. And his injury comeback and Super Bowl performance with the Eagles was a story for the ages.

As for his all-time ranking, he's 2nd in receiving yards, 3rd in receiving TDs, and 8th in receptions. Some may rank him lower than I do, but it's tough to argue that he's not very high up on the list of greatest receivers.

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #3267 on: February 05, 2017, 11:04:12 AM »
Happy Super Bowl Sunday, everyone! This will be my 8th time staying up to watch the big game (kickoff is at 11:30pm my time). I'll deal with the grogginess tomorrow. Should be a great game, with plenty of points-scoring.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #3268 on: February 05, 2017, 02:18:55 PM »

Owens was also quite successful with every team he played for, even playing for really bad Bills and Bengals teams in his late 30s, which I don't think he gets enough credit for. He wasn't reliant on a particular quarterback or coaching staff to produce. And his injury comeback and Super Bowl performance with the Eagles was a story for the ages.

As for his all-time ranking, he's 2nd in receiving yards, 3rd in receiving TDs, and 8th in receptions. Some may rank him lower than I do, but it's tough to argue that he's not very high up on the list of greatest receivers.

Regarding his performance in the Super Bowl, what I remember most about that is him boasting in the post game press conference about his critics being wrong.  His team just lost the Super Bowl, but all he cared about was that he played well and proved the critics wrong.  Typical TO, all about him and screw the team. 

Cris Carter should have also been a first ballot lock based merely on production, yet he had to wait, what, six years?  Don't be surprised if TO's wait is just as long or longer.

It's funny because he still doesn't get why he's not in yet. He can cry about a flawed process on twitter all he wants, but his "me first" attitude is the main reason why, and going off on voters sure isn't going to make them want to vote him in any time soon. 

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3269 on: February 05, 2017, 02:29:17 PM »
I just am not of the opinion that what he says off the field matters. For football writers to suggest that his not getting along with people somehow outweighs his ridiculous offensive production is so strange to me.

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3270 on: February 05, 2017, 03:21:41 PM »
Happy Super Bowl Sunday, everyone! This will be my 8th time staying up to watch the big game (kickoff is at 11:30pm my time). I'll deal with the grogginess tomorrow. Should be a great game, with plenty of points-scoring.

You'll be a bit more tired than us ol' farts on the US East Coast (gawd, how I miss the 4 and 5 pm starts).  Good luck to you.

I wish I was in Hawaii (for reasons other than today).  The 130pm kickoff made watching much more enjoyable.
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #3271 on: February 05, 2017, 05:17:32 PM »
Devonta Freeman talked smack this week and is backing it up so far; he looks unstoppable.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3272 on: February 05, 2017, 05:18:27 PM »
Yeah, ugly so far.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #3273 on: February 05, 2017, 05:32:52 PM »
Love the rhetoric being proven wrong.

BB's teams don't fumble.

D beats O.

Blah blah blah

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3274 on: February 05, 2017, 05:33:57 PM »
14-0. It's over..

I am literally the only person I know who thought the Pats were in trouble in this game. The Pats media had them winning easy.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3275 on: February 05, 2017, 05:34:40 PM »

BB's teams don't fumble.

I've literally never heard that.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #3276 on: February 05, 2017, 05:37:47 PM »
Love the rhetoric being proven wrong.

BB's teams don't fumble.

D beats O.

Blah blah blah

It's a long game.  Report back in about 2 1/2 hours.

Besides, many of us said the Patriots number 1 defensive ranking was a fraud, considering the shit QBs they played all season.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3277 on: February 05, 2017, 05:46:00 PM »
Pick six!!! 21-0....awesome

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #3278 on: February 05, 2017, 05:46:51 PM »
Monster play. 

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3279 on: February 05, 2017, 05:47:22 PM »
I'm loving how this game is going so far.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #3280 on: February 05, 2017, 05:47:45 PM »
Un-fucking-believable!  I love it.  :tup

NE is clearly out matched.  Especially without Gronk.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3281 on: February 05, 2017, 05:53:05 PM »
Glad I'm hosting this one.... time to check on the kids, replenish drinks, etc... Was saving that for the half time show.

The hatred here for Brady is a little silly, but some of my guests are still a little bent about SB49.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #3282 on: February 05, 2017, 06:05:04 PM »
Falcons getting pressure with their front four is the surprise of the game so far. 

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3283 on: February 05, 2017, 06:14:07 PM »
Big mistakes with big results.  That's always a big key.  I'm still expecting this to be 24-17 and a nailbiter at some point.

But....who cares?  my wife and I had 0-0 for some big $$$$$$$.  After 8 years....finally.....
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3284 on: February 05, 2017, 06:17:07 PM »
Atlanta swarming on D.  Causing turnovers and capitalizing.  A recipe for victory.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3285 on: February 05, 2017, 06:20:53 PM »
Even Lady Gaga is kicking the Patriots' ass!

Offline carl320

• The Knight of Cups
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #3286 on: February 05, 2017, 06:25:49 PM »
Even Lady Gaga is kicking the Patriots' ass!
:rollin

Watching this game I was surprised with the fast pace the Falcons defense kept up.
In high school my buddies and I built a Van Der Graaf generator.  You know, to get girls.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #3287 on: February 05, 2017, 06:28:36 PM »
I'm watching the halftime show and while it's certainly entertaining and weird in certain parts, where this could have gone a whole lot worse, I'm thinking how much money did they spend for this?

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #3288 on: February 05, 2017, 06:32:44 PM »
That was far and away my favorite halftime show ever. I loved Lady Gaga before this, but she just cemented her place as one of my all time favorite artists with that performance.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3289 on: February 05, 2017, 06:37:58 PM »
Yeah that was very good.