7 (8.1%)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
1 (1.2%)
Tennessee Titans
0 (0%)
Washington Redskins
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Author Topic: 2016 NFL THREAD - Super Bowl 51 - Patriots' Day: V - Screw Goodell  (Read 219005 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: 2016 NFL THREAD - Dak's Giant Problem
« Reply #2310 on: December 15, 2016, 07:03:11 PM »
While I understand the debate, personally if I were a Dallas fan I would not want to go back to Romo.  My only concern if I were dallas would be potentially facing the Giants in the divisional round. That's the only team they lost to so I don't see why anyone should be discussing this at this point. Situation is comparable to Denver last year but Dak has been performing well enoigh. Romo has done nothing in his career to make me think he could take this team to the Super Bowl.  If anything Romo maybe gets them a playoff win and Dakota does not. I see that as the trade off personally, but at the cost of mass debate about the team and would lead to a lot of talk in the off-season about Romo. I'd keep him for the remainder of the season if Dak got hurt and then trade or let him go end of season. He's old and Dak is the future, so let him play this out.

Eh, I do not agree.  Had the Broncos used that logic last year, they would have left Osweiler in there and likely do not win the Super Bowl.  If you can win it now, you do what you can to win it now.  Prescott seems mature enough to not act like a baby like Osweiler and leave town over it (or pout over it, since he's not a FA).

I'm sure Dallas is worried about quite a few teams, as they should be. The film is out on Dak.

I don't think so and it's not all on Dak either.  There were several missed opportunities, even on defense.  This isn't a major setback.  The 2 losses were only a combined 4 points.  It's not a big deal.

Right, but the offense only scoring 24 points in the last two games, 7 of which came after they got a turnover inside the Vikings 20, is a big deal.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2311 on: December 15, 2016, 07:09:21 PM »
While I understand the debate, personally if I were a Dallas fan I would not want to go back to Romo.  My only concern if I were dallas would be potentially facing the Giants in the divisional round. That's the only team they lost to so I don't see why anyone should be discussing this at this point. Situation is comparable to Denver last year but Dak has been performing well enoigh. Romo has done nothing in his career to make me think he could take this team to the Super Bowl.  If anything Romo maybe gets them a playoff win and Dakota does not. I see that as the trade off personally, but at the cost of mass debate about the team and would lead to a lot of talk in the off-season about Romo. I'd keep him for the remainder of the season if Dak got hurt and then trade or let him go end of season. He's old and Dak is the future, so let him play this out.

Eh, I do not agree.  Had the Broncos used that logic last year, they would have left Osweiler in there and likely do not win the Super Bowl.  If you can win it now, you do what you can to win it now.  Prescott seems mature enough to not act like a baby like Osweiler and leave town over it (or pout over it, since he's not a FA).

Not really, because Denver had a super bowl winning hall of fame QB to turn to.  Someone with the experience.  Dallas has a very good veteran QB, but not someone who has been there before so the logic is different.  Plus Manning was at the end of his career.  If Romo stays healthy he could have a few more years so if Romo plays and does decent, then things get very interesting next season for the Cowboys their QB money.

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #2312 on: December 15, 2016, 07:09:58 PM »
Right, but the offense only scoring 24 points in the last two games, 7 of which came after they got a turnover inside the Vikings 20, is a big deal.

They did just play back to back road games against two of the best defenses in the NFL. The Giants game was in the bitter cold and neither team could really get much going on offense outside of 1 great play by both teams. It might not get a whole lot easier for them on Sunday though, considering how they're going up against another solid defense that is on fire right now... but Dallas plays pretty well at home, so I'd be shocked if they didn't get back on track and win that one.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2313 on: December 15, 2016, 07:48:47 PM »
Those uniforms are awesome

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2314 on: December 15, 2016, 08:29:08 PM »
Not really, because Denver had a super bowl winning hall of fame QB to turn to.  Someone with the experience.  Dallas has a very good veteran QB, but not someone who has been there before so the logic is different.  Plus Manning was at the end of his career.  If Romo stays healthy he could have a few more years so if Romo plays and does decent, then things get very interesting next season for the Cowboys their QB money.
Super Bowl experience or not, Romo, if he's at the same level as he was prior to the injury, is a far better player than 2015 Peyton Manning.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2315 on: December 15, 2016, 08:44:38 PM »
True.  Then again, Prescott is far better than Osweiler was, even last year.

Also, tonight's game looked unwatchable anyway, and then I turned it on for a second, saw those vomit green unis, and turned it off.  Gross.

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2316 on: December 15, 2016, 09:34:48 PM »
Also true. It's a shame Denver's receivers are going to waste.

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2317 on: December 15, 2016, 09:35:12 PM »
I wish the Rams would go 'all the way' with the throwbacks, as in pants and jerseys.

The blue helmet with the white horn is the best helmet EVER.

Ever. 

But, my gawd, the whatever Seattle unis forced me to turn the game off after two minutes.
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2318 on: December 15, 2016, 09:37:32 PM »
Man, how can a coach as fundamentally solid as Pete Carrol be such an idiot sometimes. The only thing you gain from converting on the fake punt is recognition for being a dick and trying to run the score up. The potential downsides include losing your fucking punter for no reason!
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2319 on: December 15, 2016, 09:40:27 PM »
Also true. It's a shame Denver's receivers are going to waste.

They only have 5 TDs a piece this year, but they are 8th (Sanders) and 10th (Thomas) in receiving yards this year, which is still pretty darn good.  However, both are averaging under 13 yards per catch, which is way down from their career averages.  I won't mention receptions since that is an overrated stat nowadays.  By and large, I mostly agree with you, and I blame the offensive line.  They can't run the ball, which makes it harder to throw the ball, especially down the field.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2320 on: December 15, 2016, 09:56:15 PM »
Man, how can a coach as fundamentally solid as Pete Carrol be such an idiot sometimes. The only thing you gain from converting on the fake punt is recognition for being a dick and trying to run the score up. The potential downsides include losing your fucking punter for no reason!

I didn't see the game, but since it took Jeff Fisher getting fired for Carroll to finally beat the Rams again, he was probably just a little excited.  :lol :lol :lol

Online orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2321 on: December 15, 2016, 10:09:17 PM »
I just saw those Seattle uniforms. Jesus fucking christ.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #2322 on: December 15, 2016, 11:32:38 PM »
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2323 on: December 16, 2016, 03:01:29 AM »
I am so grateful that when my bosses say that I dress 'professionally', that I don't have to wear neon green or yellow clown outfits.

I feel for the college kids as well, that will look back on their playing days with a picture and have to say 'zoikes!...sorry Mom, what can I say, the Nike and Under Armour guys made millions off of me for that look.'
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2324 on: December 16, 2016, 07:34:13 AM »
Super Bowl experience or not, Romo, if he's at the same level as he was prior to the injury, is a far better player than 2015 Peyton Manning.

Well, that caveat is a big one; I said almost five years ago, and am sticking to it now, that Tony Romo will NEVER win a Super Bowl.  Oh, he might be a back up on a Super Bowl winning team, I mean he will never be Phil Simms, or Trent Dilfer, or Peyton Manning and actually play 60 minutes and hoist the Lombardi Trophy. 

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2325 on: December 16, 2016, 07:37:16 AM »

What was even more ridiculous is the size of the hole in the Rams special teams line.  Could've drove a dump truck through it.  Nobody rushed to try and block it.  Don't think I've ever seen that before.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2326 on: December 16, 2016, 03:47:43 PM »
From the 'Only in Seattle' department, went to a kid's birthday party today and saw a couple wearing Seahawks jerseys: Him wearing #9 (Hauschka, the placekicker) and her wearing #4 (Ryan, the punter)

I saw an inordinate amount of Seattle jerseys at Disneyland this past week.  It was quite offensive, and I was tempted to lodge a formal complaint.  They shouldn't allow that kind of thing there.

EDIT:  @Kev regarding your comment about the Packers in the playoffs:  I just ran some scenarios on the ESPN playoff machine, and they really have an uphill battle getting in.  Not impossible, but really looking unlikely that they will pass the Vikings, Redskins, and Bucs to grab the #6 spot.  That 3-game losing streak is likely to be their undoing.  But I guess we'll see.  The bigger problem is, while it is going to be tough for them to even get it, it looks like it will be virtually impossible (i.e. theoretically possible, but not remotely realistic) for them to get in and Seattle not then get the #2 seed.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 04:05:22 PM by bosk1 »
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2327 on: December 16, 2016, 04:43:21 PM »
They won't need the 6 spot; they simply need to win their next two games, hope Detroit loses one of their next two (which is likely), and then win at Detroit week 17, to win the division.  It's not highly probable, but it's not nearly impossible either.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2328 on: December 16, 2016, 04:45:21 PM »
Oh, sure.  That could happen as well.  But that is one of those scenarios I mention where Seattle would move into the #2 spot, which is intolerable.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2329 on: December 16, 2016, 06:17:53 PM »
The return of Adrian Peterson, if he is healthy, could end up helping the Lions, since it will make it tougher for GB to beat them next week.  And GB has a much better shot at overtaking the Lions than the Vikings, who have to win out and have the Lions lose out, since the Lions have the head to head tiebreaker over them wrapped up.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2330 on: December 17, 2016, 07:25:34 AM »
Richard Sherman has turned into the biggest d-bag in the league.  As if becoming a dirty player wasn't bad enough (cheap shotting the kicker in that Buffalo game, and then that dirty hit from behind on Davante Adams last week), now he thinks he can tell the coaches what plays to call on offense.  He is a loud mouthed douche who takes himself way too seriously at this point.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2331 on: December 17, 2016, 07:36:06 AM »
I agree with all of that and I'd still want him on my team.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2332 on: December 17, 2016, 07:44:13 AM »
Eh, the Broncos defensive backfield is still aces, so we don't need him.  Now, if he can play offensive line, we'll take him... :lol :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2333 on: December 17, 2016, 07:46:34 AM »
 :lol

I look at him like Rodney Harrison.   No too many like that mold anymore. 

How are you feeling about the game Sunday?  Big, big loss with Marshall out.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2334 on: December 17, 2016, 07:50:26 AM »
I am figuring the Broncos will lose, barring winning the turnover battle in a big way.  I think NE will run Blount early and often, and given that the Broncos are poor against the run this year, it will be hard for them to get anything going for a while on offense, since NE will dominate the TOP and Siemian has been a notoriously slow starter.  I hope I am wrong. Even if they do make the playoffs, I think they'd be one and done anyway. 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2335 on: December 17, 2016, 07:53:30 AM »
Last year took a lot out of them and with a young QB there is a lot of growing pains.  It will still help them going into next year.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2336 on: December 17, 2016, 08:00:21 AM »
One thing a lot of people are missing is how important Manning really was last year, despite his massive drop off in stats.  His physical play had dropped off big time, but mentally he could still do it, especially when it came to reading defenses and checking from a bad play to a good play.  Siemian cannot do that, and with an offensive line that porous, it matters a lot.  I have to think that there are a lot of plays where the defense is set up to where they could surprise them with a good running play, but Siemian simply cannot read the defense like Manning could, so he runs the play that is called.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2337 on: December 17, 2016, 08:05:20 AM »
His mind was still top notch.  He physically couldn't do it anymore with all those surgeries.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2338 on: December 17, 2016, 10:30:05 AM »
One thing a lot of people are missing is how important Manning really was last year, despite his massive drop off in stats.  His physical play had dropped off big time, but mentally he could still do it, especially when it came to reading defenses and checking from a bad play to a good play.  Siemian cannot do that, and with an offensive line that porous, it matters a lot.  I have to think that there are a lot of plays where the defense is set up to where they could surprise them with a good running play, but Siemian simply cannot read the defense like Manning could, so he runs the play that is called.

A lot of people around here liked to bash Manning last year. I'm on record saying that they do NOT win the Super Bowl without him.

Siemian has been pretty good though, no? I see they've done nothing with their other QB. But from what I've seen of Siemian, I thought he's handled himself well.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #2339 on: December 17, 2016, 11:29:29 AM »

A lot of people around here liked to bash Manning last year. I'm on record saying that they do NOT win the Super Bowl without him.

Siemian has been pretty good though, no? I see they've done nothing with their other QB. But from what I've seen of Siemian, I thought he's handled himself well.

He's a lot better than Osweiler was.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #2340 on: December 17, 2016, 03:00:50 PM »
Fantasy finals this week, I've currently got Ertz in as my flex starter over Pierre Garcon but I'm tempted to play Bilal Powell. Would definitely start him if I knew Forte was going to be out, but that's not decided. Thoughts anyone?
Photobucket sucks.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2341 on: December 18, 2016, 06:59:32 AM »
I just saw that 2 Star wars films have come out since a Browns win.  Wow.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2342 on: December 18, 2016, 01:54:44 PM »
That Giants defense!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2343 on: December 18, 2016, 02:11:27 PM »
What a two weeks for the Titans. Beat the champs last week, and then win at KC this week??  Wow.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #2344 on: December 18, 2016, 02:14:05 PM »
Proudest I've been of my team in awhile, coming back down 20-6 on the road with Burfict going nuts as usual.