7 (8.1%)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
1 (1.2%)
Tennessee Titans
0 (0%)
Washington Redskins
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Author Topic: 2016 NFL THREAD - Super Bowl 51 - Patriots' Day: V - Screw Goodell  (Read 218852 times)

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
Re: 2016 NFL THREAD - Cowboys Clinch!
« Reply #2240 on: December 11, 2016, 08:49:21 PM »
This last touchdown notwithstanding, Prescott has got to be thankful he's up against the Giant offense. The lack of the O-line as well as a solid running game/short game makes this team painful to root for.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2241 on: December 11, 2016, 09:20:42 PM »
What a crazy defensive game this has been.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2242 on: December 11, 2016, 09:35:17 PM »
YES

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2243 on: December 12, 2016, 07:31:58 AM »
Giants, 2-0 vs the Cowboys!  :yarr

Giants, still look terrible but finding ways to win.  ???

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #2244 on: December 12, 2016, 07:59:26 AM »
Such a demoralizing loss yesterday for Denver... most realistic Bronco fans like myself feel like the season is shot. As great of a GM as Elway has been in Denver, it is frustrating how he's been such a block head with the offensive line. They were the main weakness of the team last year (aside from an aging, injured QB), and he managed to make them even worse this season. He went out and signed a notoriously bad tackle in Donald Stephenson, and signed another who has a rough history of injuries in Russell Okung. As you can imagine, neither have panned out at all, but thankfully the team can easily move on from Okung after this season because he signed a team friendly contract. Elway has been excellent in free agency for the most part, but he's been average at best in the draft, and doesn't seem to be great at evaluating talent on the offensive side of the ball.

I know Denver just won the Super Bowl last season so I really shouldn't be complaining (as some friends tell me  :lol), but it just feels this season went down the drain because of how terrible the offensive line has been. I didn't expect them to win the Super Bowl, but I did expect them to at least be back in the playoffs... putting up a measly 10 points and losing a must-win game against a mediocre Titans team has to be one of the lowest points of the GM Elway era in Denver. In addition to that, a low-life Titans player attempted to take one of Denver's players out yesterday by lunging at his legs at the end of a play, and of course was not penalized. A truly bitter pill to swallow as a spoiled Broncos fan  :lol... just needed to vent...

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2245 on: December 12, 2016, 08:28:20 AM »
Much-needed win for the Panthers today.  Hopefully they can finish the season strong and then put it behind them, and get ready for the offseason.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #2246 on: December 12, 2016, 08:30:22 AM »
I think the Denver fans might be pushing the panic button a little too quick. At the time of this post (the morning of 12/12) they are firmly in a wildcard spot. They have the same record as the dolphins, but they most likely lost their QB for the season, yesterday. They will possibly have the same record as Pittsburgh and Baltimore (depending on the outcome of the Monday night game), but there's a good chance that the AFC North will only be sending their division winner to playoffs this year. Pittsburgh and Baltimore still have a match-up coming before the end of the season that will likely determine the outcome of the season for either team.

Look at it this way, even if Denver doesn't make it to the playoffs, at least they didn't completely tank like their super bowl opponent did.
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Offline dparrott

« Reply #2247 on: December 12, 2016, 08:43:04 AM »
How's Fisher's extension working out for them?

It's mindblowing.  Fans are saying the GM doesn't care about winning obviously.  I've seen this before with the Raiders and the rookie Dennis Allen, too many chances.  Yeesh.   ::) 
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
« Reply #2248 on: December 12, 2016, 11:43:51 AM »
GB's D got their corners back, and Aaron Rodgers looks like Aaron Rodgers again.  And suddenly the Packers look like a team no one will want to play if they get in (and I think they will, since the Lions have some tough games down the stretch).

Our last three games are against division opponents, week 17 may even be a division deciding game if Detroit loses the next couple, which is definitely possible against the Giants and Cowboys. This may be 2010 again...

BTW how amazing would it be if super bowl LI is the same match up as super bowl I?
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #2249 on: December 12, 2016, 11:51:40 AM »
How's Fisher's extension working out for them?

It's mindblowing.  Fans are saying the GM doesn't care about winning obviously.  I've seen this before with the Raiders and the rookie Dennis Allen, too many chances.  Yeesh.   ::)

Fisher's agent is the COO's father. :justjen

Le'Veon Bell might want to remove those bulls-eye targets from his knee pads before going against Burfict next Sunday. Speaking of Bell:

Most yards from scrimmage, first 10 games played in a season:
1964 Jim Brown 1,704
2016 Le'Veon Bell 1,616
1975 OJ Simpson 1,609

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2250 on: December 12, 2016, 12:36:43 PM »
This is two games in a row Prescott hasn't looked good.  Makes you wonder if defenses are figuring him out a little bit, now that they have enough game tape on him.

I don't think it was so much Prescott as it was his receivers not getting open due to outstanding secondary defense.  Except for the blown coverage on the Newman TD pass, they had it shut down all night.  The O-line played great and yet NY got at least 2 coverage sacks.  Both defenses were lights out and one of the things that kept it from going to OT was the Bailey 55 yard FG doink off the cross bar.  Plus a few other missed opportunities.

Hell, they took Bryant completely out of the game and the one catch he did make on 3rd down, he fumbled.  What was the number of combined punts between both teams, like 17?  I'd rather see an offensive shootout than a defensive stand off.  Regardless of who won, it was an ugly game.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #2251 on: December 12, 2016, 12:43:22 PM »
Le'Veon Bell might want to remove those bulls-eye targets from his knee pads before going against Burfict next Sunday. Speaking of Bell:

1964 Jim Brown 1,704
2016 Le'Veon Bell 1,616
1975 OJ Simpson 1,609

Wow, that's a crazy stat. Best back in the league right now for sure. He's been playing so well since he came back from suspension. Would you sign him long term or tag him for next year?

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
Re: 2016 NFL THREAD - Dak's Giant Problem
« Reply #2252 on: December 12, 2016, 12:45:37 PM »
Breaking news.  Rams can Fisher.   So much for that extension.   :lol
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2253 on: December 12, 2016, 12:54:17 PM »
4-9...the new 7-9

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2254 on: December 12, 2016, 01:24:42 PM »
Rotoworld's blurb about him is pretty scathing. :lol

In a cruel, ironic twist for the NFL's pre-eminent loser, the firing comes three days before he was set to pass Dan Reeves for the most coaching losses in league history. Fisher is so inept he can't even claim the record that's been his destiny for over a decade. The firing is perhaps the most justified of the modern era. Fisher has had five years to turn around a laughingstock franchise, but instead made it an even bigger joke. Fisher's team had truly made zero progress on his first year in 2012. A wanton waster of draft picks and capital, Fisher is clueless on Sundays, fundamentally misunderstanding offense and overseeing a cavalcade of idiotic penalties. Fisher doesn't make adjustments, aside from usually dialing up more personal fouls in the second half. Try as he may, he never came close to "cleaning up" his chronic, myriad, inexcusable mistakes. No coach, in any sport anywhere in the world, makes more excuses. Fisher has almost certainly coached his final NFL game.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #2255 on: December 12, 2016, 01:50:51 PM »

1964 Jim Brown 1,704
2016 Le'Veon Bell 1,616
1975 OJ Simpson 1,609

Wow, that's a crazy stat. Best back in the league right now for sure. He's been playing so well since he came back from suspension. Would you sign him long term or tag him for next year?

Gotta sign him I think, but Tomlin seriously needs to lighten his workload. DeAngelo needs to come back pronto.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2256 on: December 12, 2016, 02:22:16 PM »

In a cruel, ironic twist for the NFL's pre-eminent loser, the firing comes three days before he was set to pass Dan Reeves for the most coaching losses in league history. Fisher is so inept he can't even claim the record that's been his destiny for over a decade. The firing is perhaps the most justified of the modern era. Fisher has had five years to turn around a laughingstock franchise, but instead made it an even bigger joke. Fisher's team had truly made zero progress on his first year in 2012. A wanton waster of draft picks and capital, Fisher is clueless on Sundays, fundamentally misunderstanding offense and overseeing a cavalcade of idiotic penalties. Fisher doesn't make adjustments, aside from usually dialing up more personal fouls in the second half. Try as he may, he never came close to "cleaning up" his chronic, myriad, inexcusable mistakes. No coach, in any sport anywhere in the world, makes more excuses. Fisher has almost certainly coached his final NFL game.

:lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2257 on: December 12, 2016, 02:24:22 PM »
He belongs in a can.  Sorry Charlie.   :rollin

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #2258 on: December 12, 2016, 02:26:46 PM »
Gotta sign him I think, but Tomlin seriously needs to lighten his workload. DeAngelo needs to come back pronto.

Well that's one of the main problems with signing him long term, isn't it? Tomlin has shown zero ability to balance a RB's workload his entire career. So I wouldn't bet on him (Tomlin) suddenly changing that. The suspensions and injuries have to make you pause for at least a moment before offering the guy a deal though.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2259 on: December 12, 2016, 02:53:04 PM »

That is amazing.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #2260 on: December 12, 2016, 03:30:13 PM »
I think the Denver fans might be pushing the panic button a little too quick. At the time of this post (the morning of 12/12) they are firmly in a wildcard spot. They have the same record as the dolphins, but they most likely lost their QB for the season, yesterday. They will possibly have the same record as Pittsburgh and Baltimore (depending on the outcome of the Monday night game), but there's a good chance that the AFC North will only be sending their division winner to playoffs this year. Pittsburgh and Baltimore still have a match-up coming before the end of the season that will likely determine the outcome of the season for either team.

Look at it this way, even if Denver doesn't make it to the playoffs, at least they didn't completely tank like their super bowl opponent did.

The problem is that the remaining schedule is vs. New England, at Kansas City and vs. Oakland. I'm trying to be optimistic, but realistically I think the most likely scenario is that they either lose out or win 1 of 3. They really need to win at least 2 to get in the playoffs. I messed around with the playoff machine on ESPN.com and it looks like Baltimore owns some tie breakers over Denver that would put them in the playoffs if they both finish 9-7 (I'm expecting them to lose tonight and against Pittsburgh).

I would love for this team to prove me wrong; they have done it several times in the past (especially last season). If they don't make the playoffs it isn't the end of the world, as they've had a pretty respectable season and Trevor Siemian has been a pleasant surprise. I'm totally behind Siemian being our starting QB next season.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2261 on: December 12, 2016, 04:59:08 PM »
Sucks for fisher but while he deserved it, I feel like him being a good guy was what gave him a longer leash than normal.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2262 on: December 12, 2016, 06:40:05 PM »
Forward progress stopped?  Terrible.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #2263 on: December 12, 2016, 06:46:10 PM »
Guy pulled a Von Miller and pried the ball out of his hands... it's a shame that he wasn't rewarded with a turnover as he should have been. I don't understand the call either.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2264 on: December 12, 2016, 07:07:33 PM »
As usual, a crazy start to a Pats/Ravens game.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2265 on: December 12, 2016, 07:35:57 PM »
I saw this on Twitter and chuckled.

Harry Potter refused to say Voldemorts name because he feared him.

Terrell Suggs refuses to say Tom Bradys name...

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2266 on: December 12, 2016, 07:40:35 PM »
What's Twitter?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2267 on: December 12, 2016, 07:42:13 PM »
Go back to your sun dial you old bastard.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2268 on: December 12, 2016, 07:44:21 PM »
What replay are the refs watching?

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2269 on: December 12, 2016, 07:46:02 PM »
Go back to your sun dial you old bastard.
:lol

It's useless at night.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2270 on: December 12, 2016, 07:55:08 PM »
How do you know that?  You're old.

Btw, Brady should have thrown that away.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2271 on: December 12, 2016, 07:58:16 PM »
Btw, Brady should have thrown that away.

He's been putting on a clinic...and then that! :facepalm:

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2272 on: December 12, 2016, 08:29:54 PM »
I'm not surprised at all by how this is going; these are not the Ravens of four years ago.

As for Fisher getting fired, it was long overdue.

And I thought last night's game was great.  Good defensive battle between the Giants and Cowboys.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2273 on: December 12, 2016, 08:46:56 PM »
CUT CYRUS JONES RIGHT NOW!!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2274 on: December 12, 2016, 08:52:49 PM »
Special teams are killing us right now.  Jesus.