7 (8.1%)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
1 (1.2%)
Tennessee Titans
0 (0%)
Washington Redskins
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Author Topic: 2016 NFL THREAD - Super Bowl 51 - Patriots' Day: V - Screw Goodell  (Read 218663 times)

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
Re: 2016 NFL THREAD - Raiding the West
« Reply #2065 on: November 21, 2016, 11:11:43 AM »
Kuechly is a dick, but he got what was coming to him.
The fuck?

Yeah, no one deserves that.  Holy crap the look on his face was scary as all hell.

Every player knows that football is a dangerous sport.  Concussions are a part of the game.  If a player goes out of his way to slam another player to the ground, then maybe it was bad karma.  That's all I'm saying.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2066 on: November 21, 2016, 12:03:56 PM »
The way things are shaping up right now, I could almost see a Dallas/ Seattle match-up in the NFC championship..

Way to go out on a limb.  ;D

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2067 on: November 21, 2016, 12:05:41 PM »
 :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2068 on: November 21, 2016, 12:37:47 PM »
The fuck?

Yeah, no one deserves that.  Holy crap the look on his face was scary as all hell.

Every player knows that football is a dangerous sport.  Concussions are a part of the game.  If a player goes out of his way to slam another player to the ground, then maybe it was bad karma.  That's all I'm saying.
I still haven't seen the alleged "slam".  EB mentioned it was on a block return, and the only block return I saw in Thursday night's game was a blocked FB, and I didn't see LK stiff arm anybody on that play - he didn't need to, he had a wall of blockers because he was returning the ball.

Link?
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2069 on: November 21, 2016, 06:32:14 PM »
That was an offensive show Cousins and Rodgers put on last night.  Fun to watch.  :tup :tup

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2070 on: November 21, 2016, 08:11:53 PM »
The fuck?

I still haven't seen the alleged "slam".  EB mentioned it was on a block return, and the only block return I saw in Thursday night's game was a blocked FB, and I didn't see LK stiff arm anybody on that play - he didn't need to, he had a wall of blockers because he was returning the ball.

Link?
It wasn't a slam. He just slowed down and cut inside a bit to stiff-arm the punter to the face which shoved him down (where he stayed for a bit). However, since there was a question as to whether or not LK stepped out of bounds, all of the replays focus on that. If it had happened at the 5 it wouldn't have bugged me, but it looked like he slowed down so he could still catch him in the field of play and hit him just as they crossed the goal line. Not a huge deal, honestly, but seemed somewhat dickish to me.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2071 on: November 21, 2016, 09:26:31 PM »
Man, them Mexicans be crazy. Not only are they shining lasers at players, there's a pretty good fire burning over one of the endzones. Looks to be about 20 rows back.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2072 on: November 21, 2016, 09:33:03 PM »
Texans just got totally jobbed on two spots, and even after a review, where it was obvious that Houston got the 1st down on a 4th and inches, they still say he was short.  Officials should lose their jobs over calls like that.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: 2016 NFL THREAD - No Romo? No Problem!
« Reply #2073 on: November 22, 2016, 04:33:27 PM »
Post-Week 11 Power Rankings
1. Dallas - Good, tough win over a game Ravens team
2. Seattle - looking like a scary team to play again
3. New England - ugly win, but no one ever accused Belichick teams of winning pretty on a regular basis
4. Oakland - lucky win, but those kind of wins are often the difference between being 10-6 and 12-4
5. Denver - can the D dominate again?
6. Kansas City - awful loss at home to the Bucs
7. Atlanta - with four of their last six at home, that division is theirs for the taking
8. NY Giants - does this team worry anyone?
9. Washington - offense looks great
10. Houston - despite the officiating screw job, that was such a typical Texans performance: lose a game they should have won

Trending Up:

Miami - still not sure if I am buying them, but five in a row is something to take notice of
Tampa Bay - quietly one game behind Atlanta
Indianapolis - suddenly only one game back in their division, but Luck being unlikely to play Thursday will hurt

Trending Down:

Green Bay - injuries or not, that defense is really bad
Los Angeles - 7-9 is suddenly in danger :lol
Cincinnati - 3-6-1 and just lost Bernard and AJ Green...game over

MVP contenders:

1. Derek Carr
2. Dak Prescott
3. Tom Brady
4. Ezekiel Elliot
5. Matt Ryan

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2074 on: November 22, 2016, 05:03:55 PM »
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #2075 on: November 23, 2016, 08:18:40 AM »
Texans just got totally jobbed on two spots, and even after a review, where it was obvious that Houston got the 1st down on a 4th and inches, they still say he was short.  Officials should lose their jobs over calls like that.

That was so awful that I stopped watching the game once Houston lost the challenge. The spot after the 3rd down run by Lamar Miller was probably the worst spot I've ever seen in any football game. The officiating is getting so terrible that I am starting to lose interest in the NFL  :facepalm: I just wish Bill O'Brien had challenged the Miller spot, but I'm sure the refs wouldn't have given them that one either.

Offline Samsara

• Queensrÿche Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #2076 on: November 23, 2016, 08:49:57 AM »
As a diehard New York JETS fan, all I can say is, when does baseball season start?  :facepalm:
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2077 on: November 23, 2016, 09:47:58 AM »
As a diehard New York JETS fan, all I can say is, when does baseball season start?  :facepalm:

A 3rd Jets fan I can have fun with.   :lol

Pats fan.  I had season tickets from 1985 to 2012.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2078 on: November 23, 2016, 01:06:52 PM »

Gah...   :rollin

Just take the W already this week. No need for the teams to actually play...
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2079 on: November 23, 2016, 01:11:09 PM »
Well our defense is not playing well.  I'm looking playoffs of course but without balance from both side of the ball some team will beat you in the playoff.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #2080 on: November 23, 2016, 02:23:07 PM »

I may not even watch this week. The beating that's gonna be handed to the Jets is gonna be brutal.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2081 on: November 23, 2016, 06:53:12 PM »

I may not even watch this week. The beating that's gonna be handed to the Jets is gonna be brutal.

The over-under on Fitz INTs is 3.  :rollin  :facepalm:

Offline dparrott

« Reply #2082 on: November 24, 2016, 10:57:54 AM »
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2083 on: November 24, 2016, 12:20:20 PM »
Lynch on Conan!  :lol

https://youtu.be/edamnPJRCpA
I like that after years of being deemed shy, introverted or just generally anti-social while playing, he's actually a pretty funny and outgoing guy. Dude just really didn't want to be a spokesman for the NFL, and I commend him for it. Maybe when he retires Bill Belichick will go on to be a hugely successful talk show host.
E.F. Benson

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2084 on: November 24, 2016, 12:22:33 PM »
Oh, and while the refs clearly screwed up by not seeing an obvious tipped ball on the interference call, didn't they screw up again by reviewing the play to fix their mistake? I thought PI calls were strictly non-reviewable.
E.F. Benson

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2085 on: November 24, 2016, 04:06:49 PM »
If the ball is tipped, it becomes reviewable if I'm not mistaken.  The PI call itself is not reviewable.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2086 on: November 24, 2016, 07:20:33 PM »
Also, Josh Norman can't cover Dez Bryant.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #2087 on: November 24, 2016, 07:25:57 PM »
Ben to Brown for 2 TDs already. Who'd a thunk it?

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2088 on: November 24, 2016, 08:36:09 PM »
Considering it's Thanksgiving night, isn't Tomlin about due to try and trip the kick returner for the other team?

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2089 on: November 24, 2016, 09:12:59 PM »
 :lol

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #2090 on: November 25, 2016, 09:42:31 AM »
Considering it's Thanksgiving night, isn't Tomlin about due to try and trip the kick returner for the other team?

Yup. Sadly the biggest contribution Tomlin has made toward a winning effort.  :-[

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2091 on: November 25, 2016, 11:26:28 AM »
And they didn't even win that game against the Ravens a few years ago despite Tomlin's shadiness.  :lol

I see Josh Norman is being a raging d-bag again.  His defense gets torched for 31 points and they lose, and his response his, "Yeah, but Dez didn't score a touchdown." :lol :lol :lol :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2092 on: November 25, 2016, 11:47:18 AM »
Douche on Douche crime.  Then add the Twitter stuff.  That's TMZ, The National Enquirer & The Kardashian TV show all rolled into one for men. :lol

Offline dparrott

« Reply #2093 on: November 25, 2016, 11:50:42 AM »
If it's a Seahawks/Raiders super bowl, my head will burst with excitement.  It's a long shot, but the way both teams are playing, it's still a possibility. 
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2094 on: November 25, 2016, 02:02:57 PM »
Douche on Douche crime. Then add the Twitter stuff.  That's TMZ, The National Enquirer & The Kardashian TV show all rolled into one for men. :lol

:lol :lol

If it's a Seahawks/Raiders super bowl, my head will burst with excitement.  It's a long shot, but the way both teams are playing, it's still a possibility.

The Raiders are obviously much improved, and having a QB like Carr helps a ton, but their defense needs to get a lot better. They are probably looking at 11-5, given their schedule down the stretch, and winning the division is by no means a guarantee.

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2095 on: November 25, 2016, 08:13:11 PM »
An old AFC West showdown would certainly be interesting, just from a historical perspective.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2096 on: November 27, 2016, 05:19:10 PM »
So, wife was hogging the TV to watch the Sounders advance to the MLS Cup Woohoo so how did the Seahawks lose to the Bucs, and by a score of 14-5?
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2097 on: November 27, 2016, 05:24:06 PM »
So, wife was hogging the TV to watch the Sounders advance to the MLS Cup Woohoo so how did the Seahawks lose to the Bucs, and by a score of 14-5?

Their offensive line stinks.

Mike Evans made them his bitch early on, putting them in a 14-0 hole they could never climb out of.

Meanwhile, this Panthers/Raiders game is fun. :tup :tup

Offline faizoff

« Reply #2098 on: November 27, 2016, 05:50:37 PM »
I was at the Seahawks - Bucs game, what an awesome atmosphere and great first full game of the season to watch for me lol. I think everytime the Seattle offense got into a rhythm they made mistakes and it cost them the game. It's like they lost concentration at the right time. Either way the Bucs team still made a ton of mistakes and they could've easily lost that game.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #2099 on: November 27, 2016, 07:43:38 PM »
Hilarious how often the punter takes a bad route toward the punt returner.