7 (8.1%)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
1 (1.2%)
Tennessee Titans
0 (0%)
Washington Redskins
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Author Topic: 2016 NFL THREAD - Super Bowl 51 - Patriots' Day: V - Screw Goodell  (Read 218990 times)

Offline Dream Team

Re: 2016 NFL THREAD - Raiding the West
« Reply #2030 on: November 18, 2016, 12:02:26 PM »
Fun fact: if Roethlisberger starts and wins Sunday in Cleveland, he will be the winningest QB in THEIR home stadium.  :rollin

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #2031 on: November 18, 2016, 12:33:22 PM »
By the way, I think Romo is being disrespected. If this had happened to Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Ben, Eli, Rivers, Flacco, Newton, Wilson etc they would get their job back no matter how well the rookie was playing. Romo is better than some of the guys I listed, but he has that unfair "choker" label, so . . .

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2032 on: November 18, 2016, 12:43:12 PM »
By the way, I think Romo is being disrespected. If this had happened to Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Ben, Eli, Rivers, Flacco, Newton, Wilson etc they would get their job back no matter how well the rookie was playing. Romo is better than some of the guys I listed, but he has that unfair "choker" label, so . . .

Respectfully disagree.

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2033 on: November 18, 2016, 12:43:42 PM »
I think Romo is one of the most criminally underrated quarterbacks in the history of the league. But at this point I understand the Cowboys' decision (and earlier in the season I was arguing otherwise). I'd love to see him go somewhere else and beat them next year, though.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2034 on: November 18, 2016, 12:47:03 PM »
Just for this year you can't stop the momentum that they team has with Dax.  That said, Tony's penchant for getting injured outweighs his talent right now for Dallas.  Someone will scoop him up next year via trade.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2035 on: November 18, 2016, 01:02:39 PM »
True.  Don't try to fix what isn't broken for the sake of loyalty.  Romo knows as well as anybody that the NFL is a business.  Ask Drew Bledsoe.  It happened to him twice (Brady, Romo).
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #2036 on: November 18, 2016, 02:22:54 PM »

Respectfully disagree.

Which part? Just curious.

DOC, your post reminded me to mention that I have new-found respect for Suggs. There was a play in the Bal-Pit game where he could have absolutely destroyed Ben with a legal hit, but pulled up. If you see interviews with Suggs it's obvious he has mad respect for Ben which might be why he held up. Either way if Pit doesn't win the North I'd much rather Bal win than Cin.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2037 on: November 18, 2016, 03:08:15 PM »
Brady is the single best example of why the premise is mistaken. He's Dak to Bledsoe's Romo.

I think I said earlier that there are arguments either way with Romo. I wouldn't want to break their momentum, and Dak is clearly the future of the Cowboys. What Romo has that Dak has yet to develop is an explosiveness. Dak has played very, very well but in more of a conservative manner. He's not yet at the point where you think he might throw for 400 yards and 5 touchdowns. As good as he's been he only has one 300 yard game thus far. When Romo is healthy he has that ability. I think Dak is the better options for many reasons, but I can see how some people might favor Romo's immediate upside.

That said, nowhere is Romo more underrated than here in Dallas. If they were to yank the young star QB for Romo you'd hear the lynch mob chanting all the way in Baltimore.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2038 on: November 18, 2016, 03:12:28 PM »
The difference from the Bledsoe situation was that Drew was not playing well at Lloyd and it was getting to the point that BB was going to pull the plug on Bledsoe buy the injury accelerated the change. 

Romo was playing at a high level but he just can't stay on the field.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2039 on: November 19, 2016, 01:15:45 PM »
Brady is the single best example of why the premise is mistaken. He's Dak to Bledsoe's Romo.

I think I said earlier that there are arguments either way with Romo. I wouldn't want to break their momentum, and Dak is clearly the future of the Cowboys. What Romo has that Dak has yet to develop is an explosiveness. Dak has played very, very well but in more of a conservative manner. He's not yet at the point where you think he might throw for 400 yards and 5 touchdowns. As good as he's been he only has one 300 yard game thus far. When Romo is healthy he has that ability. I think Dak is the better options for many reasons, but I can see how some people might favor Romo's immediate upside.

That said, nowhere is Romo more underrated than here in Dallas. If they were to yank the young star QB for Romo you'd hear the lynch mob chanting all the way in Baltimore.

I think the biggest reason Dak hasn't been explosive is because the running game is already explosive with Zeke.  However, that will probably open up more opportunities for Dak in the future, but for now the balance is working.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2040 on: November 19, 2016, 01:39:37 PM »
Prescott can throw it down field - see: the long TD to Bryant last week - but there is no need for that.  Their ball control offense works so well because a) their line is so dominant, b) they have guys like Witten and Beasley who are money on 3rd and short, and c) it keeps their defense, which is vulnerable, off the field.  Romo could be just as good running this offense, but he can't stay healthy anymore, and like has been said, you don't mess with it when you have something this special going on.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2041 on: November 20, 2016, 01:04:18 PM »
Announcers just said 8 extra points have been missed today so far, 3 in the Giants Bears game alone.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2042 on: November 20, 2016, 01:10:35 PM »
Unbelievable but I guess it adds an interesting dimension to the game since the PAT isn't a gimmie anymore.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2043 on: November 20, 2016, 02:41:11 PM »
NE and Seattle just missed PATs, as well.

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #2044 on: November 20, 2016, 02:47:51 PM »
Apparently the first time since 1985 that we've had 10 missed PAT attempts, and we still have 5 games left to be completed.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2045 on: November 20, 2016, 02:50:38 PM »
Well the league is getting its moneys worth with that rule.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2046 on: November 20, 2016, 03:47:26 PM »
Agholor is terrible.  He had a procedural penalty which wiped out a long Philly TD, and now just dropped a pass when he was wide open 20 yards down field.  He sucks.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2047 on: November 20, 2016, 04:08:48 PM »
It's time to look at BB the GM who has screwed this Patriots Defense.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2048 on: November 20, 2016, 04:38:34 PM »
Awesome play, as Russell Wilson catches a touchdown.  '

With Wilson healthy now, the Seahawks look like a team that might not lose again.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2049 on: November 20, 2016, 05:02:54 PM »
Been awhile since we've seen a play like that.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2050 on: November 20, 2016, 05:19:49 PM »
With Wilson healthy now, the Seahawks look like a team that might not lose again.

That W against NE last week will be a game we look back at come January. Most of us had it as an L when looking at the schedule. If we go 3-3 the rest of the way (which looks very achievable) we'd lock up at least a #2 seed, (assuming DET/ATL/NYG don't catch fire) which we would be more than happy with.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2051 on: November 20, 2016, 05:25:04 PM »
The Giants squeek by with another close win.  This team has lots of talent and I can't complain about the record, but they really haven't come close to "putting it together".  Luckily they have a not so difficult schedule and are in good position to score a wild card spot, but I feel if they don't start clicking then they are out in the first round (if they even make it). 

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2052 on: November 20, 2016, 05:26:09 PM »
I think Seattle will get the 2 seed easily; I don't see the North or South winner catching them. 

Also, LOL at the Rams.  Jeff Fisher's teams never fail to let us down.  Blowing a double digit in the last three minutes to Ryan freaking Tannehill. :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2053 on: November 20, 2016, 05:42:13 PM »
TO TANNEHILL!!!

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2054 on: November 20, 2016, 09:40:46 PM »
So do the Redskins just pay bums and winos to play in that band when they score? Is it some sort of tradition that they all play off key and off time? Do they get one free beer for every point scored? That shit's not normal.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #2055 on: November 20, 2016, 09:58:32 PM »
So do the Redskins just pay bums and winos to play in that band when they score?

Congressional Interns. It's Washington D.C., they've got to get paid somehow.
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #2056 on: November 20, 2016, 10:18:35 PM »
Packers D  was playing the Mannequin Challenge tonight. Capers needs to be fired TONIGHT when they get off that plane in Wisconsin. That was the worst defensive play i've seen from them all year, and I feel like it's going to get worse.

Don't worry. We're gonna get the "We didn't execute, we had lots of opportunities, I'd like to have that one back" press conference from McCarthy. Fire his ass too.

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2057 on: November 20, 2016, 10:46:32 PM »
We'll see in the offseason. They're not the type of organization that's going to blow things up during the season.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2058 on: November 21, 2016, 07:13:32 AM »
Kuechly is a dick, but he got what was coming to him.
The fuck?
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2059 on: November 21, 2016, 07:17:12 AM »
Kuechly is a dick, but he got what was coming to him.
The fuck?

Yeah, no one deserves that.  Holy crap the look on his face was scary as all hell.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2060 on: November 21, 2016, 07:19:22 AM »
Also, he's not a dick.

There are plenty of dicks in the NFL, but Kuechly isn't one of them.  He has a sterling reputation.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2061 on: November 21, 2016, 07:23:59 AM »
I meant that too.  I've never seen or read a bad thing about him including his time at BC.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2062 on: November 21, 2016, 08:30:12 AM »
I still maintain that he went well out of his way to shove Morestead to the ground by his face. That said, I've seen no other reports of him being a dick or a dirty player.

And his reaction was interesting. Had nothing to do with pain, but rather that he knew he wasn't going to playing for a bit and thus letting his team down. I assumed he blew his knee out and knew from experience how that would play out. I guess in this instance he just knew he was well-concussed and that it was a potential major deal.
E.F. Benson

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2063 on: November 21, 2016, 08:35:03 AM »
I also initially thought it was a knee injury.

He missed several games last year with a concussion, so he certainly knows how big a deal it is.

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #2064 on: November 21, 2016, 10:28:56 AM »
The way things are shaping up right now, I could almost see a Dallas/ Seattle match-up in the NFC championship.. 
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP