7 (8.1%)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
1 (1.2%)
Tennessee Titans
0 (0%)
Washington Redskins
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Author Topic: 2016 NFL THREAD - Super Bowl 51 - Patriots' Day: V - Screw Goodell  (Read 219055 times)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: 2016 NFL THREAD - Raiding the West
« Reply #1995 on: November 13, 2016, 08:35:04 PM »
For those watching the broadcast, the guy sitting next to Mark Wahlburg was Bill Evans, Boston's Chief Of Police.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1996 on: November 13, 2016, 08:36:54 PM »
Logan Ryan blows!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1997 on: November 13, 2016, 08:37:02 PM »
I just saw him on the Roast Of the Boston police by Jeff Ross on Comedy Central.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1998 on: November 13, 2016, 09:13:33 PM »
NE runs into the pile at the 1 earlier and the officials couldn't call it a TD quick enough.

Seattle just does the same thing, and despite video evidence that he scored, it's not a TD.

:lol :lol :lol

Then again, Seattle has gotten more than their share of bad calls going their way this season, so it's about time they got the shaft.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1999 on: November 13, 2016, 09:43:27 PM »
I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY DIDN'T RUN THE BALL FROM THE 1 YARD LINE AT THE END OF THE GAME!  :corn
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #2000 on: November 13, 2016, 11:37:21 PM »
Seattle won this one fair and square!  I'm sure Pats fans will make excuses..   :xbones :yarr
No matter what, Seattle earned this win!  Btw, Dallas cowboys rocked it too!! Great football day in the NFC!!!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 11:47:39 PM by Architeuthis »
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2001 on: November 14, 2016, 04:00:17 AM »
Excuses?  Nice try.  Pats were beat by a team with 6 days to get ready that traveled 3000 miles.  They were outplayed.   
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #2002 on: November 14, 2016, 04:16:57 AM »
Excuses?  Nice try.  Pats were beat by a team with 6 days to get ready that traveled 3000 miles.  They were outplayed.
:tup
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #2003 on: November 14, 2016, 05:18:02 AM »
For a neutral fan, that Pit-Dal game was an awesome watch. 7 lead changes and two of the best sets of triplets showing off their mad skills.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2004 on: November 14, 2016, 07:42:20 AM »
NE runs into the pile at the 1 earlier and the officials couldn't call it a TD quick enough.

Seattle just does the same thing, and despite video evidence that he scored, it's not a TD.

:lol :lol :lol

Then again, Seattle has gotten more than their share of bad calls going their way this season, so it's about time they got the shaft.

Well, you'll certainly take that mauling of Gronk at the end, though, no? 

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2005 on: November 14, 2016, 07:45:10 AM »
I wish they'd let more go.  The problem with this game was they called ticky tack fouls the whole game but in the end they let it go.  So be consistent.  Call it or let it go.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2006 on: November 14, 2016, 07:48:42 AM »
For a neutral fan, that Pit-Dal game was an awesome watch. 7 lead changes and two of the best sets of triplets showing off their mad skills.

I didn't get to see the game, but I'm sure NFL Network will do a replay.  Analysts were calling it the best game of the season so far.   :tup
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline dparrott

« Reply #2007 on: November 14, 2016, 07:53:56 AM »
SEAHAAAAAAAWKS!!! WHOOOO!!! MIGHTY GOLIATH GOES DOWN!   :o :metal

This makes the Raiders tied for the best record in the AFC! 
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2008 on: November 14, 2016, 08:15:43 AM »
Yeah, I was pleased to see NE lose at home again.  Very uncharacteristic of them to have their only 2 losses of the year at home.  Of course, it was near complete vindication for the Hawks.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2009 on: November 14, 2016, 06:20:06 PM »
Yeah, I was pleased to see NE lose at home again.  Very uncharacteristic of them to have their only 2 losses of the year at home.  Of course, it was near complete vindication for the Hawks.

Too bad they don't get a ring for it. :lol :biggrin:

Well, you'll certainly take that mauling of Gronk at the end, though, no?

Do you mean the play where Gronk initiated contact and the defender fell down because Gronk had more momentum and 40 lbs on him? :P

Online orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2010 on: November 14, 2016, 06:36:55 PM »
Damn, that was a dominant first drive.

Online orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2011 on: November 14, 2016, 06:42:59 PM »
And then the D gives it back. Wonderful.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2012 on: November 15, 2016, 07:29:45 AM »

Not really; I'll take one Super Bowl win over ten regular season, out of division, out of CONFERENCE losses.  It might be some vindication for Pete Carroll, I'll give you that, but if that's all it takes to make the Seahawks feel good about themselves, well, that explains a lot to me. 

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2013 on: November 15, 2016, 07:30:48 AM »

Do you mean the play where Gronk initiated contact and the defender fell down because Gronk had more momentum and 40 lbs on him? :P

No, no, the other play, at the very end, where the DB held his hands down and then pulled him to the ground.  :)   :tup  :metal :yarr

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2014 on: November 15, 2016, 08:46:55 AM »

No, no, the other play, at the very end, where the DB held his hands down and then pulled him to the ground.  :)   :tup  :metal :yarr
Like they said in the broadcast, there was a lot of contact from both sides on that one, and I find it very hard to choose OPI or DPI over the other.

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #2015 on: November 15, 2016, 12:05:12 PM »

Not really; I'll take one Super Bowl win over ten regular season, out of division, out of CONFERENCE losses.  It might be some vindication for Pete Carroll, I'll give you that, but if that's all it takes to make the Seahawks feel good about themselves, well, that explains a lot to me.
It was a good win for the Seahawks, but I guarantee you they aren't satisfied. They would much prefer a SB win over the Pats. Those two teams could be legit contenders this year. Lets not forget about Dallas either..

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2016 on: November 15, 2016, 12:32:02 PM »

Like they said in the broadcast, there was a lot of contact from both sides on that one, and I find it very hard to choose OPI or DPI over the other.

I'm busting Kev's balls a little bit, but this is where I really fall. It's a good no call there.

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2017 on: November 15, 2016, 12:49:10 PM »

Yeah, I know what you mean but it is more or less as much vindication (or a better word, "redemption") as you can get in a regular season win on the road.  Obviously not as much as a SB.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: 2016 NFL THREAD - No Romo? No Problem!
« Reply #2018 on: November 15, 2016, 06:17:28 PM »
Post-Week 10 Power Rankings
1. Dallas - hard to believe that they have two rookies who are both legit MVP candidates
2. New England - defense is definitely becoming a concern
3. Kansas City - all they do is win, one way or another
4. Seattle - Russell Wilson looked healthy and lethal again...uh oh
5. Oakland - should be interesting to see what this team does down the stretch
6. Denver - 7-3 and getting some of their key defensive guys back very soon
7. Atlanta - they have 10-6 and maybe one playoff win written all over them
8. NY Giants - not sold on them, but 6-3 is 6-3
9. Houston - still the worst 6-3 team ever
10. Detroit - can they take advantage of a weak division?

Trending Up:

Miami - looking like they could contend for a playoff spot
Tennessee - Mariotta is quietly living up to the pressure and becoming a really good QB
Washington - I thought they'd fall back this year, but have rebounded nicely after an 0-2 start

Trending Down:

Minnesota - totally in free fall now
Pittsburgh - this team is a mess
Green Bay - this team is a bigger mess

MVP contenders:

1. Derek Carr
2. Dak Prescott
3. Tom Brady
4. Ezekiel Elliot
5. Matt Ryan

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2019 on: November 15, 2016, 06:19:02 PM »
The D certainly is Kev.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2020 on: November 16, 2016, 05:19:39 AM »
Going all in on the Ravens upsetting the Cowboys. Should be fun!

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #2021 on: November 16, 2016, 05:43:58 AM »
I was watching the BBC's NFL highlights programme earlier. Wow, the Dallas Cowboys are amazing this year! 8 wins on the bounce, and with rookies as well! Also, is it Pittsburgh's thing this year to go for 2 after every touchdown? Logic behind that? (Apart from more points if it's successful. If that's the logic, surely every team should go for 2 all the time.)

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2022 on: November 16, 2016, 08:07:39 AM »
Well, I'm not sure why Pitt went for 2 after the first score.  That's just Tomlin mixing it up I guess.  However, when they failed the first time, that kind of set them up to keep trying in the 4th Qtr because of the point differential.  That caused Dallas to go for 2 a couple times in the 4th Qtr also.

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #2023 on: November 16, 2016, 08:09:10 AM »
Also, is it Pittsburgh's thing this year to go for 2 after every touchdown? Logic behind that? (Apart from more points if it's successful. If that's the logic, surely every team should go for 2 all the time.)

They had only done it two times prior to that this season and were successful both times. The team is usually very good in recent years at those situations, but this season has proven to very inconsistent in all aspects of the game.
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
Re: 2016 NFL THREAD - No Romo? No Problem!
« Reply #2024 on: November 16, 2016, 08:25:06 AM »
Green Bay - this team is a bigger mess

I was watching NFL Total Access last night.  Eric Davis and some other guy (can't remember his name) posed the question:  Is GB closer to the Cowboys or the Browns?  Davis said, "well, the Browns are where football goes to die."  :lol  On the other hand, GB's defense has given up more points than the Browns.  It's funny the kinds of discussions these guys come up with.  As far as overall stats go, they're probably closer to the Browns.  Definitely an unexpected mess.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #2025 on: November 16, 2016, 10:28:35 AM »
I was watching the BBC's NFL highlights programme earlier. Wow, the Dallas Cowboys are amazing this year! 8 wins on the bounce, and with rookies as well! Also, is it Pittsburgh's thing this year to go for 2 after every touchdown? Logic behind that? (Apart from more points if it's successful. If that's the logic, surely every team should go for 2 all the time.)

They set an NFL record last year by converting 8 of 11 2-pt attempts.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2026 on: November 16, 2016, 07:31:47 PM »
The logic is that statistics favor the 2pt conversion in the long haul (albeit by a tiny margin). Attempt 100 extra points and you'll make 94.7 of them for the same number of points. Attempt 100 2ptCs and you'll make 47.8 of them for 95.6 points. The problem with that is with the generally small number of attempts per game, failing half of your 2PCs hurts you more than the very slim chance of a missed XP.

Neil Reynolds still covering football over there? Likeable chap and pretty insightful. Nobody streams SKY Sports over here anymore.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #2027 on: November 17, 2016, 03:20:10 PM »
Neil Reynolds still covering football over there? Likeable chap and pretty insightful. Nobody streams SKY Sports over here anymore.

I don't have Sky myself, but I believe he does, yes. In fact, this year there's been more NFL coverage on free-to-air TV and radio over here than ever before, which is fantastic and vital for the growth of the sport over here. Two shows per week on BBC TV, a live radio commentary (of a 4pm ET game), a 2-hour show on a non-BBC station.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2028 on: November 17, 2016, 07:55:48 PM »
Kuechly slowed down and turned in on that block return so he could stiff-arm the punter in the face. I thought that was a dick move.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2029 on: November 18, 2016, 10:38:42 AM »
Kuechly is a dick, but he got what was coming to him.  He's in concussion protocol right now.