7 (8.1%)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
1 (1.2%)
Tennessee Titans
0 (0%)
Washington Redskins
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Author Topic: 2016 NFL THREAD - Super Bowl 51 - Patriots' Day: V - Screw Goodell  (Read 218916 times)

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: 2016 NFL THREAD - Raiding the West
« Reply #1960 on: November 13, 2016, 10:01:39 AM »
referring to the Belichick conference.....I can see this being used in other situations...

"What the hell were you doing out until 4AM!?!?!"
"Seattle."

"It was your night to get the kids after school."
"Seattle."

"Did you remember to pick up milk?"
"Seattle."

on to the Ravens Color Rush unis:  yup, they worked.  Wouldn't mind seeing the shirts 1-2x a year.  The pants:  those are what I've wanted ever since they started using those hideous all black nonstriped ones.  Makes them look like the Jags at first glance.  Use the pants occasionally on the road, as well as when they wear the black jerseys at home.  Minnesota can keep the purple socks. 
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1961 on: November 13, 2016, 10:03:01 AM »
Depending on the team, being in the top 10 in penalties isn't a bad thing.  Aggressive penalties are good. Dumb penalties like offsides, delay of game, 12 men on the field is bad.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online Architeuthis

« Reply #1962 on: November 13, 2016, 10:48:08 AM »
https://www.footballdb.com/stats/penalties.html

At the time of this post Seattle is tied for 11th.

LOL, that's funny.  I took his word for granted that they were the most penalized team in the league.  My bad.  :lol :lol
They have been the most penalized team in the past 3 years on the most part. I was just generally speaking. This year varies from week to week.
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #1963 on: November 13, 2016, 11:03:46 AM »
Tied for 9th last year, but it's true in 2014. However, Buffalo is currently 2nd this season. They were tied for first last season and the 2nd most penalized team in 2014. Those guys have some problems.
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Online Architeuthis

« Reply #1964 on: November 13, 2016, 11:13:38 AM »
Being that the Patriots are coming off a bye week and the Seahawks had a short week with travel, the Patriots will probably win. I sure hope Seattle proves me wrong! Go Hawks!
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1965 on: November 13, 2016, 02:14:52 PM »
What a crazy ending to the Denver/N.O. game.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1966 on: November 13, 2016, 02:15:48 PM »
Being that the Patriots are coming off a bye week and the Seahawks had a short week with travel, the Patriots will probably win. I sure hope Seattle proves me wrong! Go Hawks!

I wouldn't be surprised if there was an upset tonight.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1967 on: November 13, 2016, 02:26:09 PM »
Tough to beat the Pats on a bye week and at home.  Plus Seattle on 6 days rest and traveling 3000 miles.  Also no Bennett.   A tough road to travel for the win.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1968 on: November 13, 2016, 02:29:04 PM »
Tough to beat the Pats on a bye week and at home.  Plus Seattle on 6 days rest and traveling 3000 miles.  Also no Bennett.   A tough road to travel for the win.

Plus, you left your seed in Foxboro this week too! ;D

Right. I just have an uneasy feeling about this game.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1969 on: November 13, 2016, 02:40:16 PM »
 :lol

Any time you play a high quality team you have those kinds of feelings.

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #1970 on: November 13, 2016, 03:03:59 PM »
Time to hit the reset button on the Pack. I've been saying for a few seasons now they need to do away with Dom Capers. I've been giving McCarthy several chances. Both need to be booted. We need a strong defensive mind that doesn't give us weak zone coverages, and someone that can compliment Rodgers' improvisation and fun on the offense. This is not a fun Packers team anymore.

Now that the Vikings have lost again, the NFC North is one of the laughing stocks of the league.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1971 on: November 13, 2016, 03:34:55 PM »
What a crazy ending to the Denver/N.O. game.

Never in doubt. :biggrin:

Stupid Panthers, letting KC come back and beat them.  That INT Newton threw on the pick-6 was one of the worst throws I've seen all season.

Lots of changes needed in GB, starting with a new head coach.  They look like a team that has quit on their coach.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1972 on: November 13, 2016, 04:10:34 PM »
Yeah Kev, the Packers are just flat out not engaged.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1973 on: November 13, 2016, 05:39:04 PM »
Barring a Hail Mary, Tomlin just cost his team the game by going for 2 twice early in the game. Brilliant.

Online Dream Team

« Reply #1974 on: November 13, 2016, 05:44:47 PM »
Useless D wasted another fourth quarter comeback by Ben.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1975 on: November 13, 2016, 06:00:11 PM »
Barring a Hail Mary, Tomlin just cost his team the game by going for 2 twice early in the game. Brilliant.

I was just talking about this. 

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1976 on: November 13, 2016, 06:23:39 PM »
Do tell.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1977 on: November 13, 2016, 06:27:24 PM »
We were at a birthday party for my godson and we were talking about its OK to go for 2 if you can get in the end zone but watching the 3 attemps showed us how poorly drawn up.

That's a coaching staff not putting your team in a position towin.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1978 on: November 13, 2016, 06:33:06 PM »
 :censored the Jets.  :censored this season.  :censored football.  :censored. This was a very winnable game yet somehow they found a way to lose. They shouldn't even try anymore. With 7 loses before their bye, they have no chance of making the playoffs and should now be in evaluation mode. Playing Petty today was a start but they should give everyone on the roster a chance to play. See what guys can contribute and get rid of the rest. Play for a good draft pick and get what you need this spring. Other than that, this season is a waste and once again, being a Jets fan proves to be a painful existence.

Also...

Now that the Vikings have lost again, the NFC North is one of the laughing stocks of the league.

That division is the Lions to lose now (and I wouldn't be surprised if they find a way to do so).
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1979 on: November 13, 2016, 06:35:14 PM »
We were at a birthday party for my godson and we were talking about its OK to go for 2 if you can get in the end zone but watching the 3 attemps showed us how poorly drawn up.

That's a coaching staff not putting your team in a position towin.

All true.  I get being aggressive and going for 2 when your offense is cranking good, but Roethlisberger had just gotten back last week and played terrible, so it would have been smarter to let the offense get going a bit first.

That division is the Lions to lose now (and I wouldn't be surprised if they find a way to do so).

I'm shocked by the collapse of the Vikings.  Even more amazing, coming into the season, the D and running game were considered their strengths, with QB the big question mark, but Bradford has played fairly well lately, while the running game has been terrible and the D struggling.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1980 on: November 13, 2016, 06:39:56 PM »
Nice drive by the Pats.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1981 on: November 13, 2016, 06:41:06 PM »
Poor Pete The Poodle. Watching Blount power it in from the 1. Gee, what a novel idea!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1982 on: November 13, 2016, 07:18:58 PM »
:lol

Any time you play a high quality team you have those kinds of feelings.

I just didn't like the karma around the Pats this week, while Seattle is coming on big time.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1983 on: November 13, 2016, 07:20:54 PM »
Offense needs to step up.  Can't leave the D on the field this long.

And a TD.  Damn.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1984 on: November 13, 2016, 07:25:02 PM »
Or maybe the D needs to make a stop. It goes both ways.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1985 on: November 13, 2016, 07:27:25 PM »
When an offensive goes 3 and out twice you are tiring out the D.  It's not rocket science.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1986 on: November 13, 2016, 07:28:51 PM »
Or maybe the D needs to make a stop. It goes both ways.

The D has blown so far. It will be their Achilles Heel.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1987 on: November 13, 2016, 07:30:31 PM »
And Brady make a dumb interception.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1988 on: November 13, 2016, 07:34:59 PM »
And Brady make a dumb interception.
He was definitely throwing an interception tonight.

The Bruins are on! ;D

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1989 on: November 13, 2016, 07:37:17 PM »
Nope. Big sack by Nincompoop !!

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1990 on: November 13, 2016, 08:00:48 PM »
Are you fucking kidding me?

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #1991 on: November 13, 2016, 08:02:23 PM »
That was a good one.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1992 on: November 13, 2016, 08:03:02 PM »
Are you fucking kidding me?

Dude, you could've caught that ball!

And Seattle receives in the second half, right?

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1993 on: November 13, 2016, 08:05:43 PM »
Yup.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1994 on: November 13, 2016, 08:30:37 PM »
Classic battle between 2 great teams.