7 (8.1%)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
1 (1.2%)
Tennessee Titans
0 (0%)
Washington Redskins
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Author Topic: 2016 NFL THREAD - Super Bowl 51 - Patriots' Day: V - Screw Goodell  (Read 218748 times)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: 2016 NFL THREAD - DAK ATTACK!
« Reply #1890 on: November 04, 2016, 05:48:20 PM »
Seriously, how old is Gronk, 14? Continually giggling like an eighth grader about scoring his 69th touchdown.

Yup.  There's 5 boys in that family can you imagine the destruction in that house? :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Cable

« Reply #1891 on: November 04, 2016, 08:16:23 PM »
Similar thing happened to LeGarrett Blount (though Pitt isn't "Football Siberia"), where he saw how the other three quarters live, and came back humble, and ready to work.  Now he's one of the best backs in the league on one of the best teams in the league.   

There were numerous reasons that Blount didn't work out in Pittsburgh, mainly getting high while driving and leaving the field early before a game finished because he was throwing a hissy-fit. That being said Tomlin is WAY more of a "players coach" than Billy boy who strikes me as much more a disciplinarian.

While the second part of one of the best teams in the league is right, Blount is a tier two running back at best. His career numbers dictate as much
https://www.nfl.com/player/legarretteblount/497149/profile

Outside of touchdowns, he is not really holding up against his peers. Games like 18 for 43yds, 13 for 50 have been more present than 24 for 127. Blount is basically a one sided player, which is pretty much who BenJarvus Green-Ellis was. Further, Blount's seasonal yards per carry is trending in the wrong direction. Now, talking about his importance to the team, and belief in the Patriots system is a very different discussion.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 08:23:01 PM by CableX »
---

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1892 on: November 04, 2016, 09:43:58 PM »
Yeah, Blount is a mediocre back who is a product of the system.  His porous YPA, despite playing in that offense, shows how good he isn't. 

Speaking of a product of the system, I still have no idea how good Ezekiel Elliot really is.  I mean, he is definitely better than any of the RBs they had last year, but their o-line is so dominant that I think just about any good RB could do what he's doing this year. 

David Johnson is probably the best RB in the game right now.

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1893 on: November 04, 2016, 09:47:46 PM »
It's a toss-up between Le'Veon Bell and David Johnson. And I think Elliot looks like the real deal, even if he does have a good o-line. He has great athleticism, but he also runs with power.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1894 on: November 05, 2016, 07:21:05 AM »
I think we can almost throw DeMarco Murray back into the mix, when you consider what he is doing this year on a mediocre Titans team.

Also, I saw a stat that said that the Steelers are 1-7 against the Ravens without Roethlisberger since 2004 (his rookie year).  What stands out is not the record, but the fact that Roethlisberger has missed that many games against them. Just goes to show you how much the guy gets hurt.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #1895 on: November 05, 2016, 10:49:00 AM »
I've seen this movie before. Ben comes back too soon, can't plant properly, and his passes sail high straight into the arms of waiting defenders. Probably gonna be ugly.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1896 on: November 05, 2016, 02:37:40 PM »
We can only hope.

Offline dparrott

« Reply #1897 on: November 06, 2016, 10:21:51 AM »
Raiders get to find out if they are for real tonight.  With a couple of members of Broncos D injured, they may pull it out.
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1898 on: November 06, 2016, 12:31:48 PM »
As good as the Vikings look for the first part of the season, they have looked that bad lately.  Another ugly offensive performance.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1899 on: November 06, 2016, 01:27:48 PM »
And just got stopped on a 4th and 1 on the 4 hard line of the Lions.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1900 on: November 06, 2016, 01:32:07 PM »
If they lose this game, it's their own fault for not cutting that stooge of a kicker two months ago.  If they had a kicker worth a damn, they probably are leading this game 16-13 (since they probably kicked the FG there, the XP wouldn't have missed, and the other missed FG wouldn't have been shanked so badly, which is the reason why it was blocked).

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1901 on: November 06, 2016, 01:35:09 PM »
Damn the Ravens are taking it to the Steelers today.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1902 on: November 06, 2016, 01:57:00 PM »
Matt Prater is the man!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1903 on: November 06, 2016, 01:58:56 PM »
HORRENDOUS clock management by Minnesota at the end there.  Running 2nd down too quickly and then calling timeout after 2nd down with 27 seconds left enabled Detroit to have time to tie it up.  Awful.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1904 on: November 06, 2016, 02:12:23 PM »
Holy shit Jets.  Way to kill your momentum.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1905 on: November 06, 2016, 02:35:30 PM »

That's pretty much their season. They would have had to finish the rest of the season 7-1 at the worst to have a shot at the playoffs. With two games again New England and pretty much no shot of beating them in Foxborough, the best record they can obtain is 9-7 which will not be good enough for the playoffs with the AFC West being so good this season.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1906 on: November 06, 2016, 02:42:38 PM »
Good and needed win for the Giants.  I thought they were about to blow it with that interception at the end.  :yarr

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #1907 on: November 06, 2016, 02:42:49 PM »
What a start to Colts @ Packers! Kickoff returned 99 yards for a Colts touchdown. Just as I write, the Packers intercept.

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1908 on: November 06, 2016, 03:06:29 PM »
So how about that Steelers onside kick?

Online PowerSlave

« Reply #1909 on: November 06, 2016, 03:14:50 PM »
I've been a Mike Tomlin defender for many years. Needless to say, that came to an end today.
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1910 on: November 06, 2016, 03:29:40 PM »

Fucking offsides on a kickoff....

Hopefully we pick someone good in the draft next year :lol
Photobucket sucks.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1911 on: November 06, 2016, 03:31:23 PM »
Hopefully we pick someone good in the draft next year :lol

Well if we go by history, I'm guessing they won't.  :lol  I feel bad for Jets fans (my father is one). 

Offline Skeever

« Reply #1912 on: November 06, 2016, 03:32:40 PM »
Yup, it's over for the Jets. Chan Gailey's offense is terrible in the Red Zone, and Fitz being so mediocre doesn' thelp.

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1913 on: November 06, 2016, 04:09:53 PM »
I thing the loss of Decker was a huge blow for our offense, because basically the same group of guys playing for Gailey last year were fantastic in the red zone.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1914 on: November 06, 2016, 07:15:41 PM »
Kevin, Denver's O is affecting the D. 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1915 on: November 06, 2016, 07:31:56 PM »
Wow, did Collinsworth call that TD for the Broncos or what?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1916 on: November 06, 2016, 10:22:27 PM »
I thought all along that they'd have a good year, but it's really refreshing to actually see Oakland doing well. They have a great fanbase and they deserve it. The stadium situation is a damn shame, though.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1917 on: November 07, 2016, 04:01:35 AM »
I thing the loss of Decker was a huge blow for our offense, because basically the same group of guys playing for Gailey last year were fantastic in the red zone.

Definitely, but I also think an aging Fitzpatrick who never really was a QB to lead a successful team is a problem as well.  Which of course ties into Decker, but I just think that whole hold out over the summer and the poor draft choices at QB are what has really hurt them the most.  I'm also surprised their defense isn't better than what they are, but that could be tied to poor QB play.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #1918 on: November 07, 2016, 05:31:00 AM »
For anyone who still thinks Tomlin is a good coach, I suggest watching that onside kick attempt on a loop. His other brilliant strategy was to attack the Ravens' strength (run defense) with runs up the middle with predictable results.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #1919 on: November 07, 2016, 06:57:53 AM »
For anyone who still thinks Tomlin is a good coach, I suggest watching that onside kick attempt on a loop. His other brilliant strategy was to attack the Ravens' strength (run defense) with runs up the middle with predictable results.

I agree, but unfortunately, as a Steelers fan, there's pretty much zero chance at his job being on the line regardless of how well they do.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1920 on: November 07, 2016, 08:28:20 AM »
Raiders looked good last night.

Panthers: well, a win is a win at this point.  The Rams have a legit good defense, but I would have liked to see a better performance yesterday.  Oh well.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1921 on: November 07, 2016, 09:37:04 AM »

Definitely, but I also think an aging Fitzpatrick who never really was a QB to lead a successful team is a problem as well.  Which of course ties into Decker, but I just think that whole hold out over the summer and the poor draft choices at QB are what has really hurt them the most.  I'm also surprised their defense isn't better than what they are, but that could be tied to poor QB play.

Yeah, I expected some regression from him compared to last year, but I think the lack of Decker has made it a bit more severe than it would have been otherwise. The defense is really what's been a letdown for me.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1922 on: November 07, 2016, 03:35:34 PM »
Kevin, Denver's O is affecting the D.

I didn't see the game - was at the DT concert  :biggrin: - but from what I've heard about the game, their two biggest problems reared their ugly head: the offensive line and the run defense.

He is too much of a players coach.  LeVeon Bell even came out and said they make mistakes in practice all the time. :eek :eek :eek  That speaks volumes as to how bad a job Tomlin does at getting his team ready. 

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1923 on: November 07, 2016, 07:21:45 PM »
Hey look, a good game for once tonight!!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1924 on: November 07, 2016, 07:31:56 PM »
It also makes me feel confident for next week's game.