7 (8.1%)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
1 (1.2%)
Tennessee Titans
0 (0%)
Washington Redskins
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Author Topic: 2016 NFL THREAD - Super Bowl 51 - Patriots' Day: V - Screw Goodell  (Read 219059 times)

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
Re: 2016 NFL THREAD - Old Team on the Brock
« Reply #1820 on: October 30, 2016, 11:36:25 AM »
Nice of them to give us Brits some bonus football today!

Offline AngelBack

• I'm officially a lard......
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Why you want beef with broccoli ?
« Reply #1821 on: October 30, 2016, 11:42:47 AM »
Brady continues to show how the position of quarterback is to be played.  Unreal.
But the arc of your life will still be profound

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1822 on: October 30, 2016, 11:44:24 AM »
I apologize to those who do not like hearing about FF, but I am glad I started Chris Hogan on every team I have him.  Him scoring today against his old team was so predictable. :tup :tup

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #1823 on: October 30, 2016, 06:49:45 PM »
Just wanted to say that the Green Bay and Atlanta game was entertaining.  Too bad they all cannot be that good and close.
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1824 on: October 30, 2016, 07:21:54 PM »
Uh, the SEA-ARI and WSH-CIN games were closer, hello?
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1825 on: October 30, 2016, 10:06:52 PM »
That's how you win in OT.  Fuck yeah!  :2metal:
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1826 on: October 30, 2016, 10:27:34 PM »
I apologize to those who do not like hearing about FF, but I am glad I started Chris Hogan on every team I have him.  Him scoring today against his old team was so predictable. :tup :tup

Yeah, I had him in my lineup because OBJ is on a bye this week, worked out pretty nicely :metal
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Skeever

« Reply #1827 on: October 31, 2016, 05:01:37 AM »
Speaking of fantasy, terrible coaching by Doug Peterson cost the Eagles their game against Dallas and limited my FF Ryan Matthews to a measley 8 points.

You're up by 13 in the fourth quarter. You could, you know, try running the ball.

Oh, right. Peterson's from the Andy Reid coaching tree  :facepalm:

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1828 on: October 31, 2016, 07:11:33 AM »
I was just glad to see the Panthers actually resemble the Panthers yesterday.

Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1829 on: October 31, 2016, 07:19:32 AM »
anybody see the dildo thrown on the field yesterday at the Bill/Pats game? :lol  The local media is having a field day with it today. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Re: 2016 NFL THREAD - DAK ATTACK!
« Reply #1830 on: October 31, 2016, 08:19:34 AM »
No  :lol
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1831 on: October 31, 2016, 08:21:44 AM »
I think it's kinda disrespectful to call Rex names like that.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline dparrott

« Reply #1832 on: October 31, 2016, 08:23:38 AM »
anybody see the dildo thrown on the field yesterday at the Bill/Pats game? :lol  The local media is having a field day with it today.

Oh really?  :lol

Raiders Derek Carr: First QB to have 500+ yards and 4 TDs in a road game.  And only 3rd player in history to have 500+ yards, 4 TDs and no INTs.
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1833 on: October 31, 2016, 08:28:44 AM »
Anyone else getting tired of the parity, though?   I only got five right for the second week in a row, and it's not because I'm rolling dice to do it.  It's that basically any team in the league - except for the Pats (good) and Browns (bad) - can be a .500 team.  The Saints are a perfect example of this.  They could score 35 point (and win OR lose) or they could score 15 points (and win OR lose).  Not that I want everything to be scripted out, but if you have a team that is on paper better than another, they should beat that other more than 50% of the time, and it doesn't seem that's the case.  The Bills are another example (though I know they're hurting).   The Eagles too.   FFS. 

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1834 on: October 31, 2016, 08:31:17 AM »
Didn't see any dilders but did see Rex Ryan way too gleeful after a meaningless touchdown that only slightly narrowed the margin of defeat. I don't want to see my head coach acting exuberant as he looses 41-25.

Last night was a rare entertaining late game this year. Ballsy win by Dallas.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1835 on: October 31, 2016, 08:32:38 AM »
Anyone else getting tired of the parity, though?   I only got five right for the second week in a row, and it's not because I'm rolling dice to do it.  It's that basically any team in the league - except for the Pats (good) and Browns (bad) - can be a .500 team.  The Saints are a perfect example of this.  They could score 35 point (and win OR lose) or they could score 15 points (and win OR lose).  Not that I want everything to be scripted out, but if you have a team that is on paper better than another, they should beat that other more than 50% of the time, and it doesn't seem that's the case.  The Bills are another example (though I know they're hurting).   The Eagles too.   FFS.
You take the good with the bad. Parity has also brought with it fantastic play at times, including most of the playoffs nowadays. Playoff football has been spectacular for the last 8 or so years.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1836 on: October 31, 2016, 08:39:24 AM »
You take the good with the bad. Parity has also brought with it fantastic play at times, including most of the playoffs nowadays. Playoff football has been spectacular for the last 8 or so years.

Love the parity, football is the only sport with such parity and it's what makes the league great IMO.   Now if all the teams in the league started finishing 8-8 then Id see a problem, but we still have clear cut good teams and bad teams, just a very muddy middle that can make a game out of the top or bottom teams of the league.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1837 on: October 31, 2016, 08:42:41 AM »
I think it's kinda disrespectful to call Rex names like that.

Local radio isn't allowed to call it a dildo so when they were talking to Tom Brady this morning they called it "Roger Goodell". :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1838 on: October 31, 2016, 08:55:51 AM »
 :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1839 on: October 31, 2016, 10:39:34 AM »
WTF.  The Pats just traded Jamie Collins to the Browns for a 3rd round pick.  I know he was going to free agency but right now?

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1840 on: October 31, 2016, 11:08:23 AM »

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1841 on: October 31, 2016, 11:27:14 AM »
 :lol  Good one Coz.  Like I said in the pre-season, Dak is the man.  Romo is probably done for the Cowboys.  However, there are plenty of teams that could use him.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1842 on: October 31, 2016, 12:11:06 PM »
That last TD last night was absolutely BEAUTIFUL to watch.  And I'm a Giants fan.   

Offline PowerSlave

All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1845 on: October 31, 2016, 02:36:23 PM »

Offline Skeever

« Reply #1846 on: October 31, 2016, 02:41:50 PM »
:lol  Good one Coz.  Like I said in the pre-season, Dak is the man.  Romo is probably done for the Cowboys.  However, there are plenty of teams that could use him.

If he could stay healthy sure.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1847 on: October 31, 2016, 02:44:07 PM »

If he could stay healthy sure.

Sounds like a good fit for Cleveland.  He could get injured there like the rest of their QBs.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1848 on: October 31, 2016, 06:35:35 PM »

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1849 on: October 31, 2016, 06:55:02 PM »
Regardless of what I think of Cam Newton (not a fan), but he is totally right.  That low hit on him yesterday was the kind that the rule was created to prevent...and it gets no flag??

Monster win for Dallas last night. That was a game that Philly probably should've won, but Dallas found a way to steal it.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1850 on: October 31, 2016, 06:58:08 PM »
Goodell should come to New England,  we have a few complaints as well.  :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1851 on: October 31, 2016, 07:07:32 PM »
WTF.  The Pats just traded Jamie Collins to the Browns for a 3rd round pick.  I know he was going to free agency but right now?

Sounds like Collins hasn't been playing well all year, and word is he has been loafing it a lot, so this is them chucking him before he hits free agency in the offseason.  And it sends a message to the defense to get their shit together.  Ballsy move.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1852 on: October 31, 2016, 07:18:01 PM »
Also he's not following direction as well.  Now he is in football Siberia.

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1853 on: October 31, 2016, 09:37:01 PM »
Purple Reign?   :rollin They got jinxed.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #1854 on: October 31, 2016, 09:50:23 PM »