7 (8.1%)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
1 (1.2%)
Tennessee Titans
0 (0%)
Washington Redskins
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Author Topic: 2016 NFL THREAD - Super Bowl 51 - Patriots' Day: V - Screw Goodell  (Read 218978 times)

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: 2016 NFL THREAD - Week V: The Empire Strikes Back
« Reply #1505 on: October 09, 2016, 10:23:59 AM »
Redzone for the win

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1506 on: October 09, 2016, 11:28:15 AM »
To illustrate what I just referred to there, in St. Louis today, we are not getting either Denver/Atlanta or Houston/Minnesota, two games which features a 4-0 team vs a 3-1 one, but are getting stuck watching the Cleveland Browns.  How in the world the STL market got stuck with the NE/Cleveland game is beyond me.
The Browns are actually a fun watch, though. Crowell and Pryor are both exciting players.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1507 on: October 09, 2016, 11:32:19 AM »
LOL Pitt's unis.  The beehive is alive!  :lol
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1508 on: October 09, 2016, 12:03:58 PM »
I apologize for what I said earlier about not getting the Hou/Minn game.  I forgot that the Texans are a gutless team that is awful against above average teams.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1509 on: October 09, 2016, 12:31:53 PM »
 :lol

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1510 on: October 09, 2016, 12:41:16 PM »
Remember the good ol' days when a team wore the same damn uniforms all season long?
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1511 on: October 09, 2016, 12:42:54 PM »
Remember the good ol' days when a team wore the same damn uniforms all season long?

Nope, they pulled this crap even in the 80's.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1512 on: October 09, 2016, 01:21:00 PM »
The pink crap is the worst.  There's got to be a better way to show support for breast cancer awareness than having every team draped in pink for a freaking month.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1513 on: October 09, 2016, 01:55:25 PM »
And now to enjoy all the internet trolls that say "System QB" whenever talking about the Pats.   I big lol to you folks.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1514 on: October 09, 2016, 01:58:13 PM »
He's not a system QB, obviously, but this was against Cleveland.  Simmer down.  :biggrin:

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1515 on: October 09, 2016, 01:59:44 PM »
Whitehurst now limping off the field.

Browns QBs=Spinal Tap's drummers.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1516 on: October 09, 2016, 02:02:38 PM »

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1517 on: October 09, 2016, 02:10:55 PM »
He's not a system QB, obviously, but this was against Cleveland.  Simmer down.  :biggrin:

Like you haven't seen it against every team Kev.  I'm just having fun with all this system crap you heard the first 3 weeks.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1518 on: October 09, 2016, 02:13:40 PM »
I believe it's called The Brady System.

;D
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #1519 on: October 09, 2016, 03:19:04 PM »
Went to the Houston/Minnesota game. Lotta fun to watch, as has every game this season. I love US Bank Stadium too, it really does feel like you're outside. And when they do the Skol cheer, it gets loud. Overall, really fun day out with my dad and brother.

The only negative. The guy behind me. Super loud and would yell, like people do at football games. No big deal to me, glad you're into it. I enjoy watching the game, and clapping for big plays and players. I'm having fun. Apparently, the guy didn't appreciate it. He kept kicking my seat slapping my back (I have a bad back), and making comments: "I never want to sit behind these three again, they're dead. Stay home if you don't want to cheer. Why waste money if you're not going to yell and cheer." When people in our row went to leave, we stood up to let them through. "Oh, they do stand up. Maybe they should go home too." We would stand when they scored a touchdown and when there was a big play. I just don't like to yell and cheer like that. But apparently we were ruining this guy's day. In my mind, there's cheering and then just being obnoxious, this guy was rude and obnoxious. We were doing what others were doing, but apparently we got under this dude's skin. Whatever, I didn't let him ruin my game, like we apparently did his.
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #1520 on: October 09, 2016, 04:14:16 PM »

:rollin (the reference, not the fact that they are potentially down to their sixth string QB)

Whoever put the voodoo curse on Cleveland, just lift it.  It's really not that funny anymore.  Throw it on Baltimore, the are more deserving of it for stealing the original Browns.  Or Indy for for taking the Colts first - though as a Steeler fan I'd prefer the Rat Birds.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1521 on: October 09, 2016, 04:20:10 PM »

Like you haven't seen it against every team Kev.  I'm just having fun with all this system crap you heard the first 3 weeks.

The only negative. The guy behind me. Super loud and would yell, like people do at football games. No big deal to me, glad you're into it. I enjoy watching the game, and clapping for big plays and players. I'm having fun. Apparently, the guy didn't appreciate it. He kept kicking my seat slapping my back (I have a bad back), and making comments: "I never want to sit behind these three again, they're dead. Stay home if you don't want to cheer. Why waste money if you're not going to yell and cheer." When people in our row went to leave, we stood up to let them through. "Oh, they do stand up. Maybe they should go home too." We would stand when they scored a touchdown and when there was a big play. I just don't like to yell and cheer like that. But apparently we were ruining this guy's day. In my mind, there's cheering and then just being obnoxious, this guy was rude and obnoxious. We were doing what others were doing, but apparently we got under this dude's skin. Whatever, I didn't let him ruin my game, like we apparently did his.

That sucks.  Idiots like that are games are the worst. :tdwn :town

As for this Broncos game, games like this will happen when you have a first year starter at QB.  If nothing else, it's clear that Siemian should be the guy for now.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1522 on: October 09, 2016, 04:21:12 PM »
Watching Prescott.
Next Browns QB-Tony Romo..

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1523 on: October 09, 2016, 04:24:13 PM »
Dallas needs to stick with Prescott.

And get rid of Dez Bryant.  They don't need that diva WR to win.  WRs are overrated anyway when it comes to winning real football games.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1524 on: October 09, 2016, 04:27:55 PM »
Yes, yes, yes, and yes.

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1525 on: October 09, 2016, 04:42:20 PM »
I don't think there's any reason to send Romo out to pasture yet. If he's healthy, he's still the better QB. But when he comes back, Dallas needs to stick to the kind of offense they're running right now. If they try to open it up too much again, it'll probably backfire.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1526 on: October 09, 2016, 04:52:43 PM »
That might all be true, but the offense is rolling good now and you don't mess with what is working.  Romo is too injury-prone now anyway, so might as well keep him for the rest of the year as the best backup in the league.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1527 on: October 09, 2016, 05:12:09 PM »
Look at the '01 Pats. Even when Bledsoe was cleared, Belichick still stuck with Brady. And it was not popular around here either. But he saw how the team was responding.

Wonder if Garrett has the balls, or even has the power to make the call.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1528 on: October 09, 2016, 05:14:20 PM »
I disagree Tim, fans were disappointed with Bledsoe's play for a few years and the team with Brady was at least competitive before the 6 wins at the end of the season.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1529 on: October 09, 2016, 05:16:35 PM »
There were many still in the Bledsoe camp, and if not unpopular, it was still a bold move by the coach. My point is that the Cowboys find themselves in a similar situation.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1530 on: October 09, 2016, 05:26:16 PM »

Wonder if Garrett has the balls, or even has the power to make the call.

He probably has neither. Meddling owner Jerry Jones has already stated that the job is Romo's upon his return. But I suppose the old man can change his mind.

Impressive start of the season by Atlanta.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1531 on: October 09, 2016, 05:28:05 PM »
Oh most definitely.   The difference is Romo can still play at a very good level but like Kev said, he can't stay on the field.

The more we see all these QB injuries,  I see now how Brady keeps his hands up and when he's hit, he's not falling on his shoulders.   These defensive players are so damn big and fast these days.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1532 on: October 09, 2016, 06:07:39 PM »
In other news, the Chargers lost 34-31, aided by a botched snap at the end of the game on a FG attempt that could have tied the game.  We are still waiting on confirmation that Rivers was the snapper, because since the Chargers lost, it has to be his fault.  Stay posted. :P

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1533 on: October 09, 2016, 06:48:24 PM »
In other news, the Chargers lost 34-31, aided by a botched snap at the end of the game on a FG attempt that could have tied the game.  We are still waiting on confirmation that Rivers was the snapper, because since the Chargers lost, it has to be his fault.  Stay posted. :P
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline contest_sanity

« Reply #1534 on: October 09, 2016, 06:57:55 PM »
Do my eyes deceive me? Are the Falcons good?

lol... hate to confidently feel good about the team just yet, but today was another solid game... against a rookie QB, yes... but I was very impressed with how the O-line held up against Denver.

Stat of the day tho: Matt Ryan completed passes to 7 different receivers: a season LOW...

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1535 on: October 09, 2016, 07:15:18 PM »
Giants aren't playing well but my God are they giving this game away on penalties.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #1536 on: October 09, 2016, 07:24:54 PM »
Great day to be a Steelers fan. Ben shreds the Jets; Ravens and Bengals look totally inept, and the Simpsons episode pokes fun at the Patriots.  :lol

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #1537 on: October 10, 2016, 06:51:47 AM »
Romo is the better passer. With that RB and O-line they will have the potential to make a run with Romo adding the deep pass threat. Dak has played well but you go with the most talent.

Who would have thought the Vikings would be 5-0!?!?

Offline Skeever

« Reply #1538 on: October 10, 2016, 07:03:56 AM »
Head down today as reality sinks in. Todd Bowles is not a good football coach. Gameplans are vanilla as can be, playcalling is overly conservative, clock management is bad. The Jets are not going to win with Bowles at the helm.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1539 on: October 10, 2016, 07:25:01 AM »

Depends; was he screaming at him on the sideline like he does his receivers?