7 (8.1%)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
1 (1.2%)
Tennessee Titans
0 (0%)
Washington Redskins
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Author Topic: 2016 NFL THREAD - Super Bowl 51 - Patriots' Day: V - Screw Goodell  (Read 218660 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: 2016 NFL THREAD - No Brady? No Problem!
« Reply #1365 on: October 02, 2016, 01:57:29 PM »
Julio Jones is pretty good.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1366 on: October 02, 2016, 02:21:00 PM »
I wanted to see Tucker attempt a 67-yard FG.  He probably would have made it.

That aside, Derek Carr is really, really good. 

Offline contest_sanity

« Reply #1367 on: October 02, 2016, 02:23:21 PM »
Let me get in here and post about these Falcons while things are still going well: holy shit -- over 500 yards by Ryan, 300 of them to Julio Jones -- both franchise records. I was just as impressed by the defense, though. Couple of Carolina's TDs were late against the prevent and another was a defensive score off a tipped pass. Still very apprehensive about declaring us good after our meltdown last year (started 5-0, missed the playoffs), but this particular game went as well as could be hoped for, especially on a short week.

Also, I hope Cam is ok, as he left the game after a big (though legal) hit on a 2 pt conversion.

Julio Jones is pretty good.

Indeed.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Skeever

« Reply #1369 on: October 02, 2016, 03:23:53 PM »
I can't believe how bad the Colts are.  It's basically Andrew Luck and a team full of mostly scrubs.  He will be lucky to survive the season again, with as much as he gets hit behind that awful line.

Meanwhile Jets are built to win and Fitz is self-destructing. Can we get some Andrew Luck in NY?

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1370 on: October 02, 2016, 03:30:37 PM »
Siemian hurt. Uh oh.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1371 on: October 02, 2016, 03:34:28 PM »
Crazy season for QB'S so far.u
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1372 on: October 02, 2016, 03:36:17 PM »
No kidding.u

;D
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #1373 on: October 02, 2016, 03:41:11 PM »
Cam Newton is finally being evaluated for a concussion. He probably should have been evaluated Week 1 against the Broncos

Offline Dream Team

Re: 2016 NFL THREAD - No Romo? No Problem!
« Reply #1374 on: October 02, 2016, 07:11:51 PM »
Ben with 3 TD passes in the first quarter, so far so good  :metal

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1375 on: October 02, 2016, 08:32:45 PM »
I can't believe how bad the Colts are.  It's basically Andrew Luck and a team full of mostly scrubs.  He will be lucky to survive the season again, with as much as he gets hit behind that awful line.

Meanwhile Jets are built to win and Fitz is self-destructing. Can we get some Andrew Luck in NY?

If the Jets had Luck with their current roster, they would be the class of the AFC.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #1376 on: October 03, 2016, 12:03:54 AM »
Seahawks played exceptionally well today at New York. Banged up Russel Wilson throws over 300 passing yards and for TDs,  plus their defense was in great form.
 Dallas Cowboys looking great and pull off a win in SF. Dak Prescott had a great game throwing two td passes and Ezekiel Elliott tearing it up today.  The receiving core stepped it up without Dez, and their defense is looking better. Fun team to watch right now!
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1377 on: October 03, 2016, 06:05:21 AM »
Bills are playing to stop the run and force Brisset to beat them through the air, and NE isn't willing to let him try.

At least that's understandable. Why the Patriots are playing like clowns is beyond me. Dumb mistakes. Penalties. Missed tackles. You'd think Barry Switzer coached them this week.

haha, there is no such thing as a bad "Barry Switzer" reference.  :) ;)

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #1378 on: October 03, 2016, 06:45:40 AM »

If the Jets had Luck with their current roster, they would be the class of the AFC.

I don't think they'd own the AFC but that would be interesting to see. Though Luck doesn't help the defense on either team.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #1379 on: October 03, 2016, 06:55:33 AM »
Ben with 3 TD passes in the first quarter, so far so good  :metal

Yeah boy! Good bounce back from the offense after the disaster last week.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1380 on: October 03, 2016, 07:04:03 AM »
Cam Newton is finally being evaluated for a concussion. He probably should have been evaluated Week 1 against the Broncos
Agreed.

If they can go ahead and evaluate the rest of the team, that couldn't hurt either.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #1381 on: October 03, 2016, 08:16:17 AM »
Pittsburgh looks unstoppable on offense even without Martavis Bryant. I'm glad Denver doesn't have to play them this season unless they square off in the post season again  :o

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1382 on: October 03, 2016, 09:20:00 AM »
Pittsburgh looks unstoppable on offense even without Martavis Bryant. I'm glad Denver doesn't have to play them this season unless they square off in the post season again  :o

What about last week?  I can't believe they looked so bad one week and so good the next.  I think they are a solid team and what we saw against Philly is not the normal Steelers.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #1383 on: October 03, 2016, 09:22:29 AM »

What about last week?  I can't believe they looked so bad one week and so good the next.  I think they are a solid team and what we saw against Philly is not the normal Steelers.

They are a Tomlin team. Enough said. Steelers, good or bad, haven't won 5 in a row ever under Tomlin. His teams always seem to be inconsistent to a degree, some years it's better than others, but even in the best years under him as coach they have bad loses they were predicted to win.

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #1384 on: October 03, 2016, 12:26:45 PM »
Every good team seems to have at least 1 ugly loss that they were supposed to win each season. Denver lost to Oakland at home last year and didn't even score a single touchdown in that game. New England lost to Philadelphia at home last season. Pittsburgh has always had a pretty tough division since Tomlin arrived, so maybe that has something to do with how they've never won 5 in a row with him.

Edit: I was looking back at Pittsburgh's schedules since Tomlin has been their coach, and they did win 5 in a row in the 2008 season. I think what you meant is that they've never won more than 5 games in a row with him.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 12:32:12 PM by Rattlehead »

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1385 on: October 03, 2016, 12:27:47 PM »
And New England got shut out by Buffalo

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #1386 on: October 03, 2016, 12:34:38 PM »
And New England got shut out by Buffalo

Yeah, it's not like they had Brady though. Their quarterback situation was pretty messy going into that game... obviously it affected their preparation for Buffalo, and Belichick took his frustration out on that poor tablet :rollin

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1387 on: October 03, 2016, 01:20:19 PM »
We're onto the next tablet.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1388 on: October 03, 2016, 01:25:46 PM »
Belichick can do just about anything except take a loss gracefully.  His press conference was an absolute joke.  Just stood there with this grimace on his face like a kid who had his candy taken away.  Yeah, I know he does that most of time anyway, but that was the worst I've ever seen.  One question he just refused to answer.  Just stood there.  He should be on C'mon Man tonight.  Part of his job is to address the press.  DO YOUR JOB!   :lol
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1389 on: October 03, 2016, 01:29:35 PM »
Belichick can do just about anything except take a loss gracefully.  His press conference was an absolute joke.  Just stood there with this grimace on his face like a kid who had his candy taken away.  Yeah, I know he does that most of time anyway, but that was the worst I've ever seen.  One question he just refused to answer.  Just stood there.  He should be on C'mon Man tonight.  Part of his job is to address the press.  DO YOUR JOB!   :lol
Meh. It doesn't bother me. If you're extremely successful, you get more leeway with that sort of thing. If you're Bill Belichick, you can get away with it. If you're Jim Tomsula and you're horrible at press conferences (which he was), you've got a problem.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1390 on: October 03, 2016, 01:43:22 PM »

Belichick does not take losses gracefully. That's true, but you can't use that or any other press conference as proof. One thing you have to understand about his pressers is that he is speaking to his team, not to the fans, and not to the press.
He uses those to set the tone and script for his team.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1391 on: October 03, 2016, 01:44:53 PM »
Meh. It doesn't bother me. If you're extremely successful, you get more leeway with that sort of thing. If you're Bill Belichick, you can get away with it. If you're Jim Tomsula and you're horrible at press conferences (which he was), you've got a problem.

I can't say he's always in the right with his press conference attitude, but last night he was.  He didn't disparage anyone on the Bills, he didn't go after anyone like Camshaft did last year, but I don't at all want my coach - after a loss like that - acting as if all is well and we just move on. 

Plus, as Rattlehead said, every team has a bad loss, and as Tony Gonzalez and Bill Cowher said in the post game, Belichick is going to milk everything he can from this to hone the edge on his team.  I would not at all want to be Cleveland next week.  What's the record for a lopsided score in the NFL?  72-0?   It's going to look like a Labor Day game between the top-ranked college team and whatever set of patsies they're playing in their opening game.   Or a UConn women's basketball game. 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1392 on: October 03, 2016, 02:11:19 PM »
So true about Cleveland next week  :rollin

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1393 on: October 03, 2016, 03:58:58 PM »

Belichick does not take losses gracefully. That's true, but you can't use that or any other press conference as proof. One thing you have to understand about his pressers is that he is speaking to his team, not to the fans, and not to the press.
He uses those to set the tone and script for his team.

I realize what he's doing, but maybe he should save it for the locker room.  I don't think it sends a very good message if he stands there on national television looking like a spoiled brat that didn't get what he wanted.  That's all I'm saying.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1394 on: October 03, 2016, 04:15:45 PM »
I don't think he cares what he looks like. It's the message. It's always the message.

And not to sound like a homer loser, but watching him week in and week out all these years is really...interesting. I wish everyone around the country could experience it.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1395 on: October 03, 2016, 04:29:11 PM »
I can not stop hearing his smacking when he talks. That's what drives me insane. :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1396 on: October 03, 2016, 04:59:05 PM »
Regarding Belichick, yeah, he is a notorious sore loser, but on the other hand, I have no regard for the media, so him trolling them usually cracks me up now. 

Dallas Cowboys looking great and pull off a win in SF. Dak Prescott had a great game throwing two td passes and Ezekiel Elliott tearing it up today.  The receiving core stepped it up without Dez, and their defense is looking better. Fun team to watch right now!

Dallas should chuck Bryant.  With reports out there about him missing team meetings all the time, better to let your young QB grow and develop without the immature diva in his ear.

Defense beats offense.

Steelers can score all the points they want, but as long as the Broncos QB keeps play effective ball, they are better. New England, as always, is the team I fear the most.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #1397 on: October 03, 2016, 07:41:27 PM »
Considering that Ben shredded that precious Denver D twice last year for over 300 yds while Brady and Newton looked like crap against it, if the Steelers have even a little D I like their chances. (also the second 300-yard game was without Brown)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1398 on: October 03, 2016, 07:44:41 PM »
And scored 16 points in the playoff game (3 of which came at the end when the Broncos were in prevent cause they led by 10 with a minute left).  Lots of empty yards, sir.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1399 on: October 03, 2016, 07:50:23 PM »
As for tonight, two things are becoming even more clear than they were before:

1) The Vikings D is top notch.

2) Odell Beckham is a head case.