7 (8.1%)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
1 (1.2%)
Tennessee Titans
0 (0%)
Washington Redskins
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Author Topic: 2016 NFL THREAD - Super Bowl 51 - Patriots' Day: V - Screw Goodell  (Read 218707 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: 2016 NFL THREAD - No Brady? No Problem!
« Reply #1330 on: September 27, 2016, 07:22:36 PM »
Even worse, Seattle at 3??  Okay, they are 2-1, but they eked out a home win over the terrible Dolphins, lost to the Rams, and then beat the 49ers? That's a top 3 team?

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1331 on: September 27, 2016, 07:29:25 PM »
Right. Top 10 for sure but 3?
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1332 on: September 27, 2016, 08:56:05 PM »
Looks like JJ Watt will be out the rest of the year with a back injury.  That sucks. :tdwn :tdwn

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1333 on: September 27, 2016, 09:15:52 PM »
Looks like JJ Watt will be out the rest of the year with a back injury.  That sucks. :tdwn :tdwn
That does suck. Defensive players that can take over a game are rare and great fun to watch.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #1334 on: September 28, 2016, 07:22:45 AM »
Even worse, Seattle at 3??  Okay, they are 2-1, but they eked out a home win over the terrible Dolphins, lost to the Rams, and then beat the 49ers? That's a top 3 team?
The Seahawks always get off to a shakey start and seem to start firing on all cylinders by mid season. This year at least they are 2 and 1 so far. The Rams seem to have their number, they always give the Seahawks a hard time.
 I'm looking forward to when The Seahawks go on the road to play the Patriots in week 10.  It will be very hard for them to pull off a win at New England, but it is possible..Remotely possible, Go Hawks!  :biggrin:
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1335 on: September 28, 2016, 08:22:28 AM »
Wanna good laugh?  I checked out ESPN's power rankings, and they have Arizona at number 5.  The same Arizona team that is 1-2 and just got pummeled by a crappy Bills team. :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin
Yeah, ESPN really has a hard-on for the Cardinals.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1336 on: September 28, 2016, 08:23:50 AM »
I prefer the ESPN rankings to Kev's (though I don't agree with every placement).

The 5 3-0 teams are not the 5 best teams in the league </fact>

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1337 on: September 28, 2016, 08:56:48 AM »

10. Dallas - brutal stretch coming up soon will tell the tale as to how good this team really is

Offense good to go.  Defense is the X factor.  No pass rush.  Can't stop the run.  They have their moments but no where close to a championship defense.  Honestly, I don't know how Marinelli is still coaching in this league.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 01:12:30 PM by Dublagent66 »
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1338 on: September 29, 2016, 05:19:23 PM »
Dallas' D is protected big time by the fact that the offense is so good at long drives, which eat up time of possession.  Their awesome O-line puts them in a lot of 3rd and shorts, which are easier to pick up than 3rd and longs (obviously).

The Seahawks always get off to a shakey start and seem to start firing on all cylinders by mid season. This year at least they are 2 and 1 so far. The Rams seem to have their number, they always give the Seahawks a hard time.
 I'm looking forward to when The Seahawks go on the road to play the Patriots in week 10.  It will be very hard for them to pull off a win at New England, but it is possible..Remotely possible, Go Hawks!  :biggrin:

Fine, then we can put them at number 3 when they've earned it, instead of taking the brainless ESPN approach of "this is how good I think they will be."  Judging teams by how good they have been so far this year, Seattle isn't close to being the 3rd best team.  They still aren't in my top 10 for a reason.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1339 on: September 29, 2016, 07:47:52 PM »
Ben, Matt & Tom Brady.  Too damn funny.

https://youtu.be/U5urvAW560w
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online PowerSlave

« Reply #1340 on: September 29, 2016, 08:48:47 PM »

WTF is going on with Matt's hair?
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1341 on: September 29, 2016, 09:55:56 PM »
Best call of tonight's game from Ian Eagle "And AJ Green is tackled by a swarm of creamsicles."

Also, confirmed for the SB halftime show, Lady Gaga. 
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 10:32:01 PM by Cool Chris »
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1342 on: September 30, 2016, 04:46:00 AM »

WTF is going on with Matt's hair?

Must be for a movie.   Or he's playing Donald Duck.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1343 on: September 30, 2016, 07:08:31 AM »

Let's ask T-Bone!

There's this one too, though no Touchdown Tommy:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojZmJPr4jHE

I usually don't care for Hollywood hipsters but these guys are funny.  I like them  ("I'm not short.  If you take out Northern Europe, I'm way above average.")

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1344 on: October 02, 2016, 08:10:09 AM »
I can't believe how bad the Colts are.  It's basically Andrew Luck and a team full of mostly scrubs.  He will be lucky to survive the season again, with as much as he gets hit behind that awful line.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1345 on: October 02, 2016, 08:11:04 AM »
At least he's learned how to slide.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1346 on: October 02, 2016, 08:12:59 AM »
I can't believe how bad the Colts are.  It's basically Andrew Luck and a team full of mostly scrubs.  He will be lucky to survive the season again, with as much as he gets hit behind that awful line.

Ownership needed to get rid of the GM.  Keeping both the GM and the Coach is poisoning the team.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1347 on: October 02, 2016, 08:18:43 AM »
On my way to the Jets game! I'm sure my mood will change by halftime though lol.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1348 on: October 02, 2016, 08:24:41 AM »
Get some tailgating in!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1349 on: October 02, 2016, 09:02:58 AM »

Ownership needed to get rid of the GM.  Keeping both the GM and the Coach is poisoning the team.

Yep.  The GM is utterly clueless (drafting WRs early still when they need help on the interior is pure stupidity), and Pagano seems like one of those guys that is better off as a coordinator.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1350 on: October 02, 2016, 09:11:17 AM »
Jimmy G is INACTIVE..

Brissett to face the Bills.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1351 on: October 02, 2016, 09:14:38 AM »
No-win situation for Clown Rex.

If they lose, he couldn't even beat Belichick when facing a 3rd string QB.

If they win, he is still Dead Coach Walking, with 7-9 or 6-10 on the horizon, while the Patriots will still coast to another division title and first round bye.

Poor Bills fans.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1352 on: October 02, 2016, 11:40:37 AM »
Well the Bills are taking advantage of a poor Pat's offense.   Get ahead of them and the kid hasn't played a pro style offense yet. Time to try now.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1353 on: October 02, 2016, 11:43:08 AM »
Buffalo is playing to win.  Quite a contrast to the dickless Texans, who played not to lose last week.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1354 on: October 02, 2016, 11:45:43 AM »
And aggressive. Did you see the previous game Kev where a Bills player pushed Brissett when he was jogging on the field?

Also, when you play a college style offense in a pro game, you are very predictable.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1355 on: October 02, 2016, 11:46:41 AM »
And now those genius Patriots fans are booing their own team. :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1356 on: October 02, 2016, 11:48:09 AM »
...and apparently the dick-less Patriots. Talk about playing not to lose. Throw the fucking ball!!!

Defense is in slow motion.

And now those genius Patriots fans are booing their own team. :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

They should be booed. It's actually another genius move by the fans!!!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1357 on: October 02, 2016, 11:48:54 AM »
And aggressive. Did you see the previous game Kev where a Bills player pushed Brissett when he was jogging on the field?

Yep.  Looks like a game where Rex has his team ready to play.  Just wait a week or two, and they'll lie down like dogs against a much lesser team.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1358 on: October 02, 2016, 11:51:48 AM »
The TACs are going bowling! :lol

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1359 on: October 02, 2016, 11:53:45 AM »
Bills are playing to stop the run and force Brisset to beat them through the air, and NE isn't willing to let him try.

At least that's understandable. Why the Patriots are playing like clowns is beyond me. Dumb mistakes. Penalties. Missed tackles. You'd think Barry Switzer coached them this week.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1360 on: October 02, 2016, 12:00:09 PM »
Damn, that was an ugly pass, but the Patriots sure needed it.
E.F. Benson

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1361 on: October 02, 2016, 12:03:28 PM »
And a rookie mistake costs them 3. 

So many mistakes like El Barto said. Very uncommon.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #1362 on: October 02, 2016, 12:49:58 PM »
I've never seen a false start on a kicker before now...and of course it was the Browns

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1363 on: October 02, 2016, 01:10:14 PM »
Crappy Bills are leading the Pats 16-0 at the end of the 3rd at Foxboro?  Gotta be fucking kidding me.  Any given Sunday.  :lol

BTW, go Browns!  :rollin
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!