7 (8.1%)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
1 (1.2%)
Tennessee Titans
0 (0%)
Washington Redskins
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Author Topic: 2016 NFL THREAD - Super Bowl 51 - Patriots' Day: V - Screw Goodell  (Read 218712 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: 2016 NFL THREAD - No Brady? No Problem!
« Reply #1260 on: September 23, 2016, 07:18:00 PM »
I didn't know Peyton Manning was his idol.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1261 on: September 23, 2016, 07:19:16 PM »
What's maddening is how many they left on the table. '06, '07,'11, last year...
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1262 on: September 23, 2016, 07:22:20 PM »
Realistically though, just about every playoff season the Belichick/Brady era Patriots have had, featured games that could have gone either way.  All four of their Super Bowls wins had them winning at least one game in the playoffs where if you change a play here or a play there, they lose.  So while they could be at seven or eight titles, they could also be at one or two. Just goes to show how narrow the margin often is between winning and losing.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1263 on: September 23, 2016, 07:26:01 PM »
I didn't know Peyton Manning was his idol.

Brady does like his commercials.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1264 on: September 23, 2016, 07:28:31 PM »
Nothing beats that new car smell.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1265 on: September 23, 2016, 07:34:03 PM »
I'm here.  I can hear you.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1266 on: September 23, 2016, 07:52:22 PM »
Realistically though, just about every playoff season the Belichick/Brady era Patriots have had, featured games that could have gone either way.  All four of their Super Bowls wins had them winning at least one game in the playoffs where if you change a play here or a play there, they lose.  So while they could be at seven or eight titles, they could also be at one or two. Just goes to show how narrow the margin often is between winning and losing.

That's true, Kev. Probably won what they should've. To think a first down or a defensive stop in either SB against the Giants would've won it, balanced against the Tuck Rule, or the crazy 4th quarter against the Ravens in the AFC CG a couple of years ago.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
Re: 2016 NFL THREAD - RIP Dennis Green
« Reply #1267 on: September 23, 2016, 09:25:33 PM »
Its time for the Pack to get rid of Dom Capers. I'm getting sick and tired of watching these weak coverages and wide open receivers, and playing zone when we need to play man to man. His reckless call playing on defense has cost us some games and chances to go far in the playoffs in the past few years. Time for a change.

Capers has his issues but the defense has been more than effective the last few years.

the real problem is the coach/qb relationship.  Rodgers is lost right now and McCarthy is too stubborn to change his game plan to compensate for it.

Capers D isn't the problem this year except for secondary coverage. Their run D looks phenomenal this year, so much better than other years. Granted, that's not saying much in the first two weeks, but it's def improved. The offense looks more and more stagnant. McCarthy is the problem since he's calling the plays and he may end up on the hot seat before too long if something doesn't change. Aaron doesn't look himself. He's looking more like Favre trying to force everything. People are blaming Edgar Bennett, but he's not the problem, since he's not calling the plays. I'd like to see him actually get more input on plays. Clements too. When he was QB coach Rodgers was on par. I wonder if there's some internal tension between McCarthy and Rodgers. And blaming it on Olivia Munn is stupid.
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1268 on: September 24, 2016, 05:44:36 AM »

That's true, Kev. Probably won what they should've. To think a first down or a defensive stop in either SB against the Giants would've won it, balanced against the Tuck Rule, or the crazy 4th quarter against the Ravens in the AFC CG a couple of years ago.

Yep.  Granted, watching your team win Super Bowls in narrow fashion is always more fun than watching them dominate, IMO.  More stressful, but the payoff is more rewarding.  Take my Broncos...

1997 is still my favorite sports moment ever, watching the Broncos run through the AFC and then upset the Packers in the Super Bowl to win their first Super Bowl. That was one of those 'I can't believe that just happen' moments.

Same thing with last year, where I could point to a single play in like 12 games, some of which weren't even in Broncos games, where if they turn out differently, they probably don't win the Super Bowl, but they did, and it was totally awesome.

On the flip side, while the 2nd consecutive title in 1998 was most awesome, it was more like "whew, thank God they didn't blow it," since they were clearly the best team that year and you just prayed they wouldn't blow it.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1269 on: September 24, 2016, 06:04:04 AM »
I've almost stroked out so many times Kev. :lol

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1270 on: September 25, 2016, 10:48:16 AM »
If this entire Giants-Redskins game is just the broadcast team and camera crew following Beckham and Gordon FOX should be fined.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1271 on: September 25, 2016, 11:00:40 AM »
If this entire Giants-Redskins game is just the broadcast team and camera crew following Beckham and Gordon FOX should be fined.

It's been so annoying during all of the pregame shows too.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1272 on: September 25, 2016, 12:20:06 PM »
I think it's about time for Minnesota to cut bait with Blair Walsh, who clearly isn't over the miss in the playoffs last year.  Hard to be a top contender when your kicker is that erratic.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1273 on: September 25, 2016, 01:49:49 PM »
Hot damn Kev.  The bomb to make it a 2 score game with 4:23 left.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1274 on: September 25, 2016, 01:51:08 PM »
Ha! I was just about to post about that. Siemian looked shaky at times early in the game, but has looked great since the 2nd quarter. :tup :tup

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1275 on: September 25, 2016, 01:51:23 PM »
Hot damn Kev.  The bomb to make it a 2 score game with 4:23 left.
That was a great throw...and catch.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1276 on: September 25, 2016, 01:53:34 PM »
And I think it goes without saying that Elway knows what he is doing, via letting Osweiler leave.  :hat

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1277 on: September 25, 2016, 01:59:29 PM »
Sure does look like the right move!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1278 on: September 25, 2016, 02:11:42 PM »
So far, so good.

And the Vikings are not only legit, but maybe the best team in the NFC.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1279 on: September 25, 2016, 02:12:11 PM »
Way to grow a pair this week Buffalo.

And Cleveland too, apparently. That could blow up some people in the Survivor this week!
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1280 on: September 25, 2016, 02:13:16 PM »
So pumped that the Ravens are 3-0...taking advantage of a soft early season schedule.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1281 on: September 25, 2016, 02:17:06 PM »
Holy shit Dolphins.   Then Holy shit Cleveland.   

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #1282 on: September 25, 2016, 02:18:27 PM »
Ha ha ha Browns.

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #1283 on: September 25, 2016, 02:28:12 PM »
Just finished watching the Titans at home vs the Raiders.  Tennessee had the ball at the Raiders 4 and two Titan offensive linemen decided to go head first in the pile drawing a 15 yd penalty against the Titans.  On 4th down Mariota throws to a receiver in the end zone incomplete, but very well could have been a defensive penalty.  End of game Oakland 17 Tennessee 10.

Oakland manned up today and played some great defense, especially in the secondary.
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1284 on: September 25, 2016, 04:31:03 PM »
Fly Eagles Fly

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #1285 on: September 25, 2016, 04:44:01 PM »
Fly Eagles Fly

I figured that the Iggles were benefiting from a soft first couple of games, but I might have to face the idea that they could be for real (wearing a Sproles jersey as I write this).
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1286 on: September 25, 2016, 04:49:27 PM »
The Jets are really shitting the bed in Kansas City today.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1287 on: September 25, 2016, 05:17:14 PM »
Fly Eagles Fly

I figured that the Iggles were benefiting from a soft first couple of games, but I might have to face the idea that they could be for real (wearing a Sproles jersey as I write this).

Yep... now they can ride this high into the bye week and get ready for a trip to Detroit in two weeks.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1288 on: September 25, 2016, 05:27:48 PM »
Meanwhile, in the Seattle area, the number of google searches for Trevone Boykin skyrockets.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1289 on: September 25, 2016, 05:28:13 PM »

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1290 on: September 25, 2016, 05:34:50 PM »
Luck to Hilton = CLUTCH

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #1291 on: September 25, 2016, 05:35:16 PM »
Meanwhile, in the Seattle area, the number of google searches for Trevone Boykin skyrockets.

Boykin will be a solid NFL QB...he'd have been drafted reasonably high if not for his pre-draft issues.  And I say this as someone who really does not care for TCU.
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1292 on: September 25, 2016, 05:46:05 PM »
Untimed play in Indy after a punt....

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1293 on: September 25, 2016, 06:11:39 PM »

Boykin will be a solid NFL QB...he'd have been drafted reasonably high if not for his pre-draft issues.  And I say this as someone who really does not care for TCU.
Boykin was the second best QB in that game.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1294 on: September 25, 2016, 06:54:53 PM »
Jason Garrett is an idiot.  Wasted a challenge and timeout on the opening drive when he's got 1st & goal on the half yd line.   :lol
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White