7 (8.1%)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
1 (1.2%)
Tennessee Titans
0 (0%)
Washington Redskins
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Author Topic: 2016 NFL THREAD - Super Bowl 51 - Patriots' Day: V - Screw Goodell  (Read 218854 times)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: 2016 NFL THREAD - RIP Dennis Green
« Reply #1225 on: September 22, 2016, 09:41:11 PM »
The Cardinals, Dolphins, and Texans are a disgrace to their cities and fans for rolling over like punks.

Wrong. They were steamrolled.

Kev absolutely.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: 2016 NFL THREAD - No Brady? No Problem!
« Reply #1226 on: September 23, 2016, 04:05:55 AM »
3-0 without Brady..... this is getting scary!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1227 on: September 23, 2016, 06:07:40 AM »
Belichick needs a Bar Rescue-style show where he visits different NFL teams and builds gameplans for crappy teams to win a game.

https://twitter.com/bykevinclark/status/779157222500601856

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #1228 on: September 23, 2016, 06:31:26 AM »
I'd like to thank the Texans, too, for overpaying Brock Osweiler.  The Broncos might have question marks at the QB position still, but at least they aren't paying an average at best starter way too much.

That loss was not all on Osweiler. Miller couldn't get the run game going and none of the Texans WR's, other than Hopkins, could get open.

I know some of you will object to this, but imagine if Peyton Manning had played his whole career with Belichick.  They might have won as many rings as Bill Russell.  Scary to think about.

Like it or not, this start really does elevate Belichick (who was already possibly the best coach ever) and dings Brady a tad. 

This doesn't ding Brady at all. Brisett didn't keep the Texans from scoring any points. This game could have been way different if the Texans didn't fumble TWO kick-offs.

The Cardinals, Dolphins, and Texans are a disgrace to their cities and fans for rolling over like punks.

Umm, did you watch any of those games? The Cardinals and Dolphins did nothing resembling rolling over.

Yep. And also no Gronk. If their defense continues to improve they'd be my lock for the AFC Champ.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1229 on: September 23, 2016, 06:42:26 AM »
Well since there's almost no chance of the Bills beating the Pats, that game last night ended any hope of the Jets possibly stealing the division. It looks like they'll be fighting for a wildcard spot and this is all ignoring the brutal five game stretch ahead. I feel the nightmare starting again and there's nothing I can do to stop it.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1230 on: September 23, 2016, 06:48:18 AM »
What makes me as a Pat's fan happy is this is really sticking into the craw of all the owners who had their agenda against the Pats and no matter what they try to do (sticking their lap dog Goodell after them) they are failing again.

Hey owners, it's your fault you're not that good year in, year out.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1231 on: September 23, 2016, 07:33:42 AM »
I'd like to thank the Texans, too, for overpaying Brock Osweiler.  The Broncos might have question marks at the QB position still, but at least they aren't paying an average at best starter way too much.

That loss was not all on Osweiler. Miller couldn't get the run game going and none of the Texans WR's, other than Hopkins, could get open.

I know some of you will object to this, but imagine if Peyton Manning had played his whole career with Belichick.  They might have won as many rings as Bill Russell.  Scary to think about.

Like it or not, this start really does elevate Belichick (who was already possibly the best coach ever) and dings Brady a tad. 

This doesn't ding Brady at all. Brisett didn't keep the Texans from scoring any points. This game could have been way different if the Texans didn't fumble TWO kick-offs.

Umm, did you watch any of those games? The Cardinals and Dolphins did nothing resembling rolling over.

Yep. And also no Gronk. If their defense continues to improve they'd be my lock for the AFC Champ.

I like everything about this post.  Spot on, with one exception:  it wasn't ALL on Osweiler, but a lot of it was.  He did not look good, and even Phil Simms at one point said "Osweiler just doesn't look like he knows what he's doing."   Of course, he also said "I think I could go out there now and run this offense" about the Pats, so....

Look, this doesn't ding Brady one bit and here's why:   Brissett played as well as he had to, and the offense was geared to him.  If Wade Phillips was able to stop Cam Newton like a Pop Warner player in the Super Bowl (and he DID), you can't convince me that he couldn't scheme a plan that would have wrecked the Pats offense last night.   Where Belichick is smart is that he knows he only has to do this once or twice more.   If the Pats have to get into a shootout, they're not going to look as good as they did last night.   And Brissett had help:  I'm not saying it was all Texans playing bad, but how they let LeGarrett Blount into the secondary so many times is beyond me.   

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1232 on: September 23, 2016, 07:42:37 AM »
If Brady played it would have been 45-0.  We've seen this over the years.  People want to say it's Belichick that makes Brady and he is a system QB.  The reason why they have a chance every year for a decade and 1/2 is because both drive this team. 

Look at the game management last night. Brissett was used perfectly.  That's what makes Belichick great. He adapts.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1233 on: September 23, 2016, 07:43:05 AM »
Belichick also knows Obrien well and as a mentor to the student, schooled him.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1234 on: September 23, 2016, 07:46:18 AM »
You would think that would be an asset to the Texans but they seemed unprepared.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1235 on: September 23, 2016, 07:51:10 AM »
If Brady played it would have been 45-0.  We've seen this over the years.  People want to say it's Belichick that makes Brady and he is a system QB.  The reason why they have a chance every year for a decade and 1/2 is because both drive this team. 

Look at the game management last night. Brissett was used perfectly.  That's what makes Belichick great. He adapts.

I think that is the one thing that most people miss about Belichick.  Is he a genius?  Well, to the extent a football coach can be, yes.  But his greatest quality - and one I aspire to - is his innate sense of when to be rigid (DO YOUR JOB, not succumbing to the whining of Wes Welker and (the first time) LeGarrett Blount for "mo' money!") and when to be flexible:  he can coach a down-field aerial offense, he can coach a West Coast offense, he can coach a grind-em-out Pittsburgh running game offense, and everything in between.  He gets the best FOOTBALL PLAYERS (NOT the same thing as "best athletes") and builds the scheme around them, not the other way around (like Chip Kelly).    Yes, he's a "system guy", but people don't realize that system is changing almost every game. 

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1236 on: September 23, 2016, 07:53:21 AM »
And by the way, I get SUPREME satisfaction out of the fact that the NFL changed the stupid touchback rules for one reason and one reason only, and it took Belichick all of one game to completely and utterly undermine it and actually force the exact OPPOSITE result (i.e., he's been short-kicking the kickoffs and there have been more returns than ever, most stopped well short of the 25 yard line). 

There could not possibly be a bigger implied, unspoken FUCK YOU to Roger Goodell than that. 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1237 on: September 23, 2016, 08:01:46 AM »
And by the way, I get SUPREME satisfaction out of the fact that the NFL changed the stupid touchback rules for one reason and one reason only, and it took Belichick all of one game to completely and utterly undermine it and actually force the exact OPPOSITE result (i.e., he's been short-kicking the kickoffs and there have been more returns than ever, most stopped well short of the 25 yard line). 

There could not possibly be a bigger implied, unspoken FUCK YOU to Roger Goodell than that.

I really don't like these new NFL kick off rules and am loving this move.  It makes sense for the coaches to do it if your kicker can accurately kick it to right in front of the endzone.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1238 on: September 23, 2016, 08:30:00 AM »
Belichick needs a Bar Rescue-style show where he visits different NFL teams and builds gameplans for crappy teams to win a game.

https://twitter.com/bykevinclark/status/779157222500601856

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

That is so awesome!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1239 on: September 23, 2016, 08:41:31 AM »
As much as I don't like the Pats, you gotta admire and respect an organization that has the ability to plug n play at just about any position.  Also, in a so-called QB driven league, it really isn't just about the QB as the Pats have clearly demonstrated.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1240 on: September 23, 2016, 09:00:09 AM »
Yeah, I can't stand the Patriots in general, but my respect for Belicheck and his staff is immense.  That was a master class last night.

Bar Rescue lol
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1241 on: September 23, 2016, 09:44:58 AM »
Yeah, I can't stand the Patriots in general, but my respect for Belicheck and his staff is immense.  That was a master class last night.

Bar Rescue lol

This. People wouldn't hate them so much if they sucked.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #1242 on: September 23, 2016, 12:50:36 PM »
[/quote
In what way have the Cardinals been a disgrace?   ???  They have been playing well for the last 4 years, and have been a tough rival for the Seahawks in the NFC west.
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1243 on: September 23, 2016, 01:08:16 PM »
Evidently, Brissett suffered a torn ligament in his right thumb last night.  May require surgery.  Edleman's turn. :lol
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1244 on: September 23, 2016, 01:10:48 PM »
Evidently, Brissett suffered a torn ligament in his right thumb last night.  May require surgery.  Edleman's turn. :lol

I got to imagine they pick up a vet to play the one game if Brissett can't play and keep Edleman as the back up.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1245 on: September 23, 2016, 01:13:31 PM »
[/quote
In what way have the Cardinals been a disgrace?   ???  They have been playing well for the last 4 years, and have been a tough rival for the Seahawks in the NFC west.

That's how Steelers fans think.

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1246 on: September 23, 2016, 01:24:07 PM »

I got to imagine they pick up a vet to play the one game if Brissett can't play and keep Edleman as the back up.

Or pick up a vet as the backup.  Should be interesting to see what happens.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1247 on: September 23, 2016, 01:25:28 PM »
The talk here is he played most of the 3rd and all of the 4th with that injury.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1248 on: September 23, 2016, 01:56:13 PM »
I'm available, Coach.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1249 on: September 23, 2016, 02:27:10 PM »
I'm available, Coach.

I would pay to see the jersey on you.  Lol

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1250 on: September 23, 2016, 02:44:57 PM »
I would pay to see it off.  :heybaby:
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1251 on: September 23, 2016, 03:09:27 PM »
 :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1252 on: September 23, 2016, 05:50:05 PM »

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1253 on: September 23, 2016, 06:00:53 PM »
 Awesome!!!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1254 on: September 23, 2016, 06:26:07 PM »

I didn't say it was all on Osweiler, but he looked bad. Guys were getting open at times, and he missed some of them badly.  Plus, he looked shaky in the pocket from the start.  I still don't begrudge him for taking the money and running, but I am sure happy he did.

More than anything, the loss last night is on Bill O'Brien, who is not very good. 

Okay, but he isn't the only coach doing that, so as awesome as I think Belichick is, this is one case where people over exaggerate his "genius."

Right, but I would submit that if Belichick had had merely good or average quarterbacks for the last 15 years, he'd probably still have a few rings (especially since Brady wasn't a stud QB yet when they won the first two or even three). 

On the flip side, had Brady ended up on a team with an average or good head coaches for all of his career, he'd be lucky to have one.

I can put it this way: some guys were gonna be awesome no matter where they played or who they played for.  Peyton Manning, Jerry Rice and Barry Sanders are three guys like that. 

Then there are players who were awesome because they landed in very fortunate spots and made things go their way as a result.  Tom Brady, Emmitt Smith and Kurt Warner are three guys like that.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1255 on: September 23, 2016, 06:28:17 PM »
Kev, that's why they are at 4. That's my point. Both have got the Pat's to this high of a level.   

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1256 on: September 23, 2016, 06:30:03 PM »
I agree, but I think Belichick is slightly more important to their success.  And I would say that Belichick has a far better claim to being the best NFL head coach ever than Brady does to being the best quarterback.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1257 on: September 23, 2016, 07:05:39 PM »
Well I rank Brady 2 all time so I can agree by a hair. ;D

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1258 on: September 23, 2016, 07:12:26 PM »
Well I rank Brady 2 all time so I can agree by a hair. ;D

Geez, and this whole time I thought you were a homer!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1259 on: September 23, 2016, 07:14:24 PM »
Brady wins one more I'll put him above his idol.