7 (8.1%)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
1 (1.2%)
Tennessee Titans
0 (0%)
Washington Redskins
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Author Topic: 2016 NFL THREAD - Super Bowl 51 - Patriots' Day: V - Screw Goodell  (Read 218648 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: 2016 NFL THREAD - RIP Dennis Green
« Reply #1190 on: September 20, 2016, 11:11:43 AM »
I think that it's from ESPN says enough.  I can't stand ESPN anymore. 

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1191 on: September 20, 2016, 11:18:57 AM »
I am certainly a Panthers fanboy, but it seems odd that the ESPN Power Rankings have us ranked fourth, ahead of the Broncos (5th), who we lost to.

Maybe later in the season, head-to-head might not matter as much, which is understandable.  But this after only two games.

I mean, it's a poll in a sport that doesn't require a poll, so it's basically meaningless.  It's just curious.

I'm alright with the ranking. Both teams have great defenses and great offensive weapons, but Carolina has MUCH better play at QB. 

They lost on the road by a field goal hooking left. No shame in that.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #1192 on: September 20, 2016, 11:22:44 AM »
I don't see how the Patriots wouldn't be #1 in every ranking so far. Looks what they've done with no Gronk and no Brady.   Also, I still believe that top to bottom the best conference in the NFL is the AFC West.

Current 2-0 Teams
Patriots
Steelers
Ravens
Houston
Giants
Eagles
Vikings

Offline Shooters1221

« Reply #1193 on: September 20, 2016, 11:41:35 AM »
I should give a crap about 'power rankings' why??? Is it for fantasy, or gambling, or what?  ???

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1194 on: September 20, 2016, 11:52:42 AM »
I should give a crap about 'power rankings' why??? Is it for fantasy, or gambling, or what?  ???
It is not for any of those things. There is literally no purpose other than to generate web traffic.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1195 on: September 20, 2016, 12:52:06 PM »
It's for people who may enjoy that sort of thing.

You are obviously not one of those people, so it's irrelevant.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Skeever

« Reply #1196 on: September 20, 2016, 02:02:38 PM »
Yeah we need more time to feel out certain teams. At this point I'm far more interested in the middle of the pack teams.

If the Eagles beat the Steelers next week and look good doing it, we have to put them in the conversation as a favorite to win the NFC East. Wentz seems like the real deal.

If the Jets can adapt early enough to Darelle Revis being lost at sea, they will be a strong wildcard contender.

We need time to see if Sam Bradford is the lifeline the Vikings needed. Honestly, I don't think AP going down is going to matter much in the grand scheme.

And there are a handful of other teams you simply can't write off right now. I feel like the AFC West and NFC West will be wide open until the end. 

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1197 on: September 20, 2016, 02:11:32 PM »
I just find it weird to use "favorite" and "NFC East" in the same sentence.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1198 on: September 20, 2016, 03:25:03 PM »
Seahawks in L.A. today, wish I could afford to go.  Going on 34 years since I went to an NFL game.

That's a Looooooong time, Brother!  We'll see if we can get you too a game this season :)  I have 8 seats, if there are openings, I'll give you a shout.  Or PM me and we can chat about it!  The game Sunday was just so much fun.  Yeah it was hotter than Hades, and yes our Offense was pretty anemic, but other than that it was AWESOME!!!!!!  So frikken loud!  I had Seattle fans nearby who are from up there and go to games, they said that we were louder than they were at home..WOW!!!  It was super loud there, not so much on TV.  I'm guessing it has to do with stadium design and/or where the audio is taken from.  We will be doing the Tailgate in Lot 6 for every game also  :tup

Rams wearing classic blue and yellow, that's what it should be!

It was a sight to behold for sure.  One I NEVER thought I'd see.  Add to that, when the Hall of Famer's lit the torch...wow.... I'm here to tell you, you could see the old time fans (yours truly included) around us getting choked up.

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1199 on: September 20, 2016, 03:54:34 PM »
Rams wearing classic blue and yellow, that's what it should be!

It was a sight to behold for sure.  One I NEVER thought I'd see.  Add to that, when the Hall of Famer's lit the torch...wow.... I'm here to tell you, you could see the old time fans (yours truly included) around us getting choked up.
They should really stick with those uniforms full-time. So much better than the current ones.

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1200 on: September 20, 2016, 04:50:55 PM »

They should really stick with those uniforms full-time. So much better than the current ones.

That's what the vast majority of us Angelino fans have been saying since the Jan 20 announcement.  It will be interesting to see if they listen, we'll find out in 2019.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1201 on: September 20, 2016, 05:14:18 PM »
I don't see how the Patriots wouldn't be #1 in every ranking so far. Looks what they've done with no Gronk and no Brady.   Also, I still believe that top to bottom the best conference in the NFL is the AFC West.

Current 2-0 Teams
Patriots
Steelers
Ravens
Houston
Giants
Eagles
Vikings

The AFC West is not a conference.  :biggrin:

Oh, and nice work leaving the Broncos out of that list of 2-0 teams.  Such a Chiefs fan. :lol :lol :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1202 on: September 20, 2016, 05:48:37 PM »
Okay, time for the REAL power rankings...

Post-Week 2 Power Rankings
1. Denver - defense is still scary good
2. New England - No Brady and no Gronk, no problem
3. Pittsburgh - their best might be as good as anyone else's again, but can they avoid the ugly losses to bad teams this year?
4. Minnesota - Bradford to Diggs..who would've thought that would be top week 2 connection?
5. Carolina - arguably still the team to beat in the NFC
6. Houston - we'll know how for real they really are two nights from now
7. NY Giants - defense looks much improved this year, but the offense needs to get on track
8. Cincinnati - tough loss, but still a playoff caliber team
9. Baltimore - ugly win, but 2-0 is 2-0
10. Arizona - good bounce back after that week 1 disaster

Trending Up:

Philadelphia - have beaten two terrible teams, but appear to be on the rise nonetheless, and Wentz should be a good one
Atlanta - can they follow up that road win with another?
NY Jets - looked really good in winning at Buffalo, but their upcoming schedule is brutal

Trending Down:

Buffalo - I didn't think they'd be a legit playoff contender, but they are worse than I thought they'd be
Washington - Cousins has regressed big time already
Jacksonville - so much talent, such bad coaching

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #1203 on: September 21, 2016, 06:43:39 AM »

Current 2-0 Teams
Patriots
Steelers
Ravens
Houston
Giants
Eagles
Vikings

The AFC West is not a conference.  :biggrin:

Oh, and nice work leaving the Broncos out of that list of 2-0 teams.  Such a Chiefs fan. :lol :lol :lol

My bad! Was an honest over site. Honestly, I think Denver is better this year than last. I 100% agree with your top 3. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we see a Steeler vs. Cardinal Super Bowl rematch this year.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1204 on: September 21, 2016, 10:32:13 AM »
Peterson to miss significant time with surgery.

Vikings should be just fine.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1205 on: September 21, 2016, 05:21:58 PM »

Many seem to think they will far apart now, but I don't think so either.  Their defense is still nails, Asiata and McKinnon will be a good RB combo, and they have the weapons in the passing game to do some damage.  Bradford just has to stay healthy for once.

Honestly, I think Denver is better this year than last. 

I can't go that far yet.  The defense is still awesome, but we'll see if the depth is as good and how they do without Ware for a while. 

The running game is certainly better. 

Siemian needs to start making some plays downfield. I get why they babied him the other day, and it worked out well since the running game and the defense won the game, but with the Colts missing a ton of cornerbacks, a few shots down field would have been nice.  Demaryius Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders are one of the top 1-2 punches at WR in the league and need to be utilized as such, which I am sure they will be as Kubiak gets more confident in Siemian.

Online PowerSlave

« Reply #1206 on: September 21, 2016, 11:45:14 PM »
The Viking's pass protection (or a lack there of) might be their undoing. They are great at run blocking, but they looked really bad in the pass sunday.
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1207 on: September 22, 2016, 06:03:28 AM »

Many seem to think they will far apart now, but I don't think so either.  Their defense is still nails, Asiata and McKinnon will be a good RB combo, and they have the weapons in the passing game to do some damage.  Bradford just has to stay healthy for once.

Did I hear correctly that they signed Ronnie Hillman?  Not a bad back; I think he had 800+yds last year.  Not Peterson, but still a decent threat. 

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #1208 on: September 22, 2016, 10:04:50 AM »
All teams in the NFC west are 1-1.  Seahawks loss to the Rams was painful but I'm glad for the Rams franchise for getting a win on their homecoming to LA. The Rams and Seahawks defense both played lights out. Of course having a banged up Russel Wilson, Doug Baldwin, Tyler Lockett, and Thomas Rawls didn't help Seattle's offense at all. Not to mention poor pass protection with a seemingly weak O-line. Wilson has a sprained ankle and can't scramble, they should have taken Wilson out for the game and used Boykin who looked great in pre-season.  I think the Rams loss to the 49ers was just a fluke and they will step it up. Hopefully the Seahawks can beat the 49ers in Seattle this Sunday. Go Hawks!
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1209 on: September 22, 2016, 05:42:45 PM »

Did I hear correctly that they signed Ronnie Hillman?  Not a bad back; I think he had 800+yds last year.  Not Peterson, but still a decent threat.

He's not that good.  He is quick, but fumbles too much and isn't what we call "football smart."  A lot of Broncos fans weren't sad to see him go.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1210 on: September 22, 2016, 06:11:25 PM »
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1211 on: September 22, 2016, 07:06:29 PM »
Pats looking good so far on both sides of the ball.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1212 on: September 22, 2016, 07:07:49 PM »
My brother and I were texting earlier and we agreed that the Texans would play gutless and not to lose, and it looks like we were right.  They are a fraud.

Meanwhile, Belichick is showing again that it doesn't matter who the Patriots QB is. 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1213 on: September 22, 2016, 07:09:14 PM »
They need to throw to win. You're right their play calling looks tentative.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1214 on: September 22, 2016, 07:31:58 PM »
On the inside right now, this is Belichick remembering how many thought they'd struggle to win games without Brady...

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1215 on: September 22, 2016, 07:40:35 PM »
We all know everyone has egos.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1216 on: September 22, 2016, 08:25:23 PM »
I would never question the awesomeness of J.J. Watt, but his team is getting its ass handed to it by a team starting their 3rd string QB and he has been invisible.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1217 on: September 22, 2016, 08:31:45 PM »
He's always been invisible vs. the Pat's.  The opposite of Von Miller.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1218 on: September 22, 2016, 08:35:14 PM »
I'd like to thank the Texans, too, for overpaying Brock Osweiler.  The Broncos might have question marks at the QB position still, but at least they aren't paying an average at best starter way too much.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1219 on: September 22, 2016, 08:38:04 PM »
From the outside we thought he was insane but so far we should have known better.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1220 on: September 22, 2016, 08:50:13 PM »
If Brady was QB this would be waaaaaay out of control.   I truly believe that barring injury,  this them has one hell of a chance for another Superbowl chance.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1221 on: September 22, 2016, 09:24:45 PM »
For sure.  In 15 of the last 21 Super Bowls, the AFC representative has been either the Patriots, Broncos or Steelers, and I see no reason to think that this year won't make it 16 out of 22.  I can't imagine any team but those three making it.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1222 on: September 22, 2016, 09:28:16 PM »
It all comes down to health for all 3 teams.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #1223 on: September 22, 2016, 09:31:18 PM »
The Cardinals, Dolphins, and Texans are a disgrace to their cities and fans for rolling over like punks.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1224 on: September 22, 2016, 09:32:18 PM »
I know some of you will object to this, but imagine if Peyton Manning had played his whole career with Belichick.  They might have won as many rings as Bill Russell.  Scary to think about.

Like it or not, this start really does elevate Belichick (who was already possibly the best coach ever) and dings Brady a tad.