7 (8.1%)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
1 (1.2%)
Tennessee Titans
0 (0%)
Washington Redskins
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Author Topic: 2016 NFL THREAD - Super Bowl 51 - Patriots' Day: V - Screw Goodell  (Read 218836 times)

Offline Dream Team

Re: 2016 NFL THREAD - RIP Dennis Green
« Reply #1120 on: September 13, 2016, 09:05:57 AM »
Quote from: mikeyd23 link=topic=4 :o5952.msg2214375#msg2214375 date=1473770666
Good game last night from the Steelers, strong first game in spite of injuries and suspensions.
Yeah, no kidding.

Good to see DeAngelo Williams play so strong.  I miss him, it was great having the one-two punch of him and Jonathan Stewart.

That was an amazing one-two punch.

Best part of the game last night for me were those 2 perfect passes to Brown for TDs. Would have loved to seen what the offense would look like this year if Bryant was eligible.   :o

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1121 on: September 13, 2016, 09:24:51 AM »
Greatest football headline I've read in some time (and a pretty funny/sad/patheticly informative article):

Rams set football back 100 years, 49ers pitch 28-0 shutout

LOOK AT IT. GAZE AT IT IN ALL ITS GLORY.

Final updated Rams drive chart. This is not a joke nor a drill:

PUNT
PUNT
PUNT
INT
PUNT
PUNT
PUNT
PUNT
PUNT
PUNT
INT
PUNT
TURNOVER ON DOWNS

There was a fan who ran on the field, thankfully fully clothed, and he managed to pick up more yards than the Rams did. That might not be a joke.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1122 on: September 13, 2016, 09:30:13 AM »
There was a fan who ran on the field, thankfully fully clothed, and he managed to pick up more yards than the Rams did. That might not be a joke.

:rollin
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1123 on: September 13, 2016, 09:40:58 AM »
:lol :lol :lol
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1124 on: September 13, 2016, 10:51:15 AM »

:rollin

HAHA.  That got a laugh out loud. 

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1125 on: September 13, 2016, 11:02:50 AM »
I just saw the new color rush uniforms for the Pats and it didn't make me throw up.  I actually don't mind them.  It's not the putrid colors like the Jets and the Bills had last year.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1126 on: September 13, 2016, 11:06:17 AM »
Thankfully we're not wearing ours on Thursday to avoid confusing everyone who's red/green colorblind :lol
Photobucket sucks.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1127 on: September 13, 2016, 11:11:19 AM »
Thankfully we're not wearing ours on Thursday to avoid confusing everyone who's red/green colorblind :lol

They changed all the teams colors though.  Check it out.  It's much better.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #1128 on: September 13, 2016, 11:56:33 AM »
Greatest football headline I've read in some time (and a pretty funny/sad/patheticly informative article):

Rams set football back 100 years, 49ers pitch 28-0 shutout

LOOK AT IT. GAZE AT IT IN ALL ITS GLORY.

Final updated Rams drive chart. This is not a joke nor a drill:

PUNT
PUNT
PUNT
INT
PUNT
PUNT
PUNT
PUNT
PUNT
PUNT
INT
PUNT
TURNOVER ON DOWNS

The way the game caters to offense these days, that takes real effort to be that bad. Wow.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1129 on: September 13, 2016, 02:05:53 PM »
Eagles are probably thrilled with Wentz. Goff didn't even dress last night. Not dressing for a team that threw up a goose egg. Not a good look.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1130 on: September 13, 2016, 05:39:02 PM »

Listen to Kevin Harlan on the radio call for that. It is epic!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53GIbJusAAw
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1131 on: September 13, 2016, 05:55:37 PM »
I know this is used all the time but it's so damn funny no matter the subject.  Though I love the subject!! :lol

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3kd_Kgckn9I

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1132 on: September 13, 2016, 07:09:41 PM »

Listen to Kevin Harlan on the radio call for that. It is epic!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53GIbJusAAw

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Man, how is Jeff Fisher on year 5 when most NFL coaches get 1 or 2 bad years before getting fired?

He must have pictures of someone having sex with a goat. There is no other way to explain it.

How you didn't post that picture of Brady with a goat is mindblowing. :lol

Didn't have time to search for it this morning. :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1133 on: September 14, 2016, 09:13:13 PM »
It is now time for the return of the power rankings!!!

Post-Week 1 Power Rankings
1. Denver - the champs always stay at number 1 until they lose
2. New England - I am convinced Belichick could win 10+ games with just about anyone at QB
3. Pittsburgh - if their defense is even just average this year, their offense could carry them a long way
4. Minnesota - QB is obviously the big question mark, and Blair Walsh might still be a mess after that miss last January, but they are great everywhere else
5. Carolina - probably should have won last week; should still win 11-12 games again
6. Houston - Osweiler looks like nothing special, but they have lots of talent for him on offense, and that D is still damn good
7. Cincinnati - we cannot forget that this was a top team last year before Dalton went down
8. Green Bay - ugly win, but on the road against a talented Jaguars team wasn't easy
9. Baltimore - should return to being a playoff team this year, barring 149 injuries again
10. Oakland - I will give them props for a big opening day win at New Orleans, especially give that ballsy 2-point call at the end

Trending Up:

Tampa Bay - Winston is quietly proving a lot of doubters wrong
Jacksonville - despite the loss, they are a team on the rise, but do they have the right head coach?
Philadelphia - appear to have a good one in Wentz, although that could have just been the good luck of playing Cleveland week 1...

Trending Down:

Arizona - horrific loss by a team built to win now
Washington - I'll be shocked if this team wins the NFC East again this season
Los Angeles - those who vigorously defend the Rooney Rule should point at Jeff Fisher and say, "WTF??"

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #1134 on: September 15, 2016, 06:57:28 AM »
I'm genuinely worried about the Steelers' knees this Sunday. Wish it could just be a tough game like the Ravens games used to be.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1135 on: September 15, 2016, 08:38:17 AM »
2. New England - I am convinced Belichick could win 10+ games with just about anyone at QB

Along the lines of "Dancing with the Stars" and "America's Worst Cooks", I have an idea for a reality show when Bill calls it a day.

Ten contestants - and we can do the obligatory "celebrity" version - and each one gets to quarterback a Belichick coached team, and we get to see how successful they can be.   Tom Bergeron can host, and we can have guests like Troy Aikman, Robert Griffin III, and journeyman second-tier QBs like Doug Williams and Dan Pastorini.   Kurt Warner can make an appearance or be the guest host with Tom. 

This is a winner. 

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #1136 on: September 15, 2016, 08:42:30 AM »
I'm genuinely worried about the Steelers' knees this Sunday. Wish it could just be a tough game like the Ravens games used to be.

Yup, Sunday is a big game though, beating the Bengals at home would go a long way to help winning the division.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1137 on: September 15, 2016, 09:05:48 AM »

Along the lines of "Dancing with the Stars" and "America's Worst Cooks", I have an idea for a reality show when Bill calls it a day.

Ten contestants - and we can do the obligatory "celebrity" version - and each one gets to quarterback a Belichick coached team, and we get to see how successful they can be.   Tom Bergeron can host, and we can have guests like Troy Aikman, Robert Griffin III, and journeyman second-tier QBs like Doug Williams and Dan Pastorini.   Kurt Warner can make an appearance or be the guest host with Tom. 

This is a winner.

I would watch the shit out of that.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1138 on: September 15, 2016, 09:23:38 AM »

This is a winner.

I would watch the shit out of that.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1139 on: September 15, 2016, 09:13:15 PM »
Bills have hit a few big plays to stay in this game, but, by and large, the Jets have outclassed them tonight.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1140 on: September 15, 2016, 09:40:20 PM »
Jets won the game, but we can now put Todd Bowles on the list of coaches who do not understand simple math and game management.  It doesn't a genius to figure out that when you score a touchdown to go up 12 with a little over 4 minutes to go, you go for two to go up 14.  Even with extra points not being as automatic as they used to be, being up by 12 is the same as being up by 13 with that little time left, so you go for two.  Unreal.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1141 on: September 16, 2016, 06:00:57 AM »
Tremendous win by my Jets last night. Falling to 0-2 simply wasn't an option with the Pats doing good without Brady. It got a bit too close for comfort at times, but beating a division rival, especially one that previously had a five game winning streak against you, is extremely important and it allowed them to keep pace with New England and the rest of the AFC.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline Skeever

« Reply #1142 on: September 16, 2016, 06:11:54 AM »
Jets won the game, but we can now put Todd Bowles on the list of coaches who do not understand simple math and game management.  It doesn't a genius to figure out that when you score a touchdown to go up 12 with a little over 4 minutes to go, you go for two to go up 14.  Even with extra points not being as automatic as they used to be, being up by 12 is the same as being up by 13 with that little time left, so you go for two.  Unreal.
Yeah, but that was a bizarre move in an otherwise very calm, collected, and disciplined coaching job by Bowles. After watching Rex stare wide mouthed at the jumbotron during Jets losses for 5 years, I really do have an appreciation for how stoic Bowles is on the sidelines. Overall he coached a good game, aside from a couple huge mistakes. Rex was his usual reckless self and it wasn't long before that started hurting him.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #1143 on: September 16, 2016, 06:23:30 AM »
Rex losing never gets old for me.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1144 on: September 16, 2016, 06:37:04 AM »
Yeah, but that was a bizarre move in an otherwise very calm, collected, and disciplined coaching job by Bowles. After watching Rex stare wide mouthed at the jumbotron during Jets losses for 5 years, I really do have an appreciation for how stoic Bowles is on the sidelines. Overall he coached a good game, aside from a couple huge mistakes. Rex was his usual reckless self and it wasn't long before that started hurting him.

He's also only in his second year as head coach. He still has a few things to learn but he's a very smart man who will figure these things out sooner rather than later.

-MirrorMask

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1145 on: September 16, 2016, 07:29:39 AM »
...and the Bills are eliminated from playoff contention.

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1146 on: September 16, 2016, 07:51:46 AM »
...and the Bills are eliminated from playoff contention.

Pretty sure that happened last Thursday at kickoff :biggrin:

Yeah, I don't get Bowles not going for two after our last touchdown. I could understand if there was more time on the clock and a chance Buffalo could score a TD and kick two field goals, but with the time remaining you knew Buffalo was only going to get two more possessions. Overall a good game for the Jets minus three really big plays. It's almost impressive in a way that we put up 37 points, didn't allow the Bills into the red zone until there was a minute and a half left in the game, and still managed to have to hold off a last second play that would have given the Bills the win :lol

Something else I was thinking during the Jets last possession was whether they should have just kneeled three times and punted instead of running the ball with Forte. Odds of picking up a first down there are low, and you risk a fumble on every carry. If Buffalo had all three timeouts still I wouldn't have thought it, but knowing that Buffalo's getting the ball back with less than 30 seconds and no timeouts either way if you punt I might rather eliminate the risk of a turnover.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1147 on: September 16, 2016, 10:16:29 AM »

Yeah, that didn't make a whole lot of since especially when the Bills had an opportunity at the end of the game.  The only reason the Bills got outclassed is because Rex is coach.   :lol
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1148 on: September 16, 2016, 04:13:23 PM »
Meanwhile, back at the ranch.  Bills OC gets canned after week 2. :lol  That's gotta be a fuckin' record.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1149 on: September 16, 2016, 05:05:42 PM »
Not like the Bills offense has been that good (awful last week, mostly bad last night except for two big plays), but firing the OC and not the DC makes zero sense.  Except of course when we remind ourselves that Rex's brother is the DC.  Last night was more of a must win for the Jets anyway, because they have a legit shot at the playoffs; the Bills were a non-contender before last night already.  Rex Ryan is merely a clown show at this point in time.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1150 on: September 16, 2016, 05:11:36 PM »
It sounds like a shot over the bow by the owners. 

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1151 on: September 16, 2016, 05:23:07 PM »
Speaking of head coaches, I was talking to someone the other day, and he thought I was nuts when I said you could argue for Kubiak being the 5th best.  His overall record is only 74-68, but that is skewed by him taking over a 2-14 Texans team early on in their history.  Plus, he has never had an above average QB (at the time, for those who want to count Peyton Manning, who was over the hill last year), and we all know how hard it is to win a lot of games over the long haul without a really good/great QB; he has done it.

I'd put Belichick 1st (obviously), and 2-4 are, IMO, Carroll, John Harbaugh and Andy Reid.

In 5th, you could argue for Kubiak, Rivera, Tomlin or McCarthy.  Bruce Arians and Mike Zimmer would probably round out my top 10, but they need more experience and playoff wins to get any higher than 9 and 10, IMO. 

Sean Payton has won a Super Bowl, but I can't put him top 10 anymore; their defense is too awful year after year, and that starts with him.

Marvin Lewis would be up there if he had even a single playoff win...but he doesn't. 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1152 on: September 16, 2016, 06:10:44 PM »
Other than Belichick, I'm not sure there are any active future hall of fame coaches anymore.  The coaching in this league changes so much now.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1153 on: September 17, 2016, 07:07:26 AM »
That's true, but some of these coaches will evolve into future Hall of Famers with another ring or two.  Guys who have recently stopped coaching like Coughlin and Shanahan are likely future Hall of Famers.

Speaking of which, how in the world is Tony Dungy in the Hall of Fame as a coach, while Mike Holmgren and Bill Cowher aren't?  That is awfully curious.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1154 on: September 18, 2016, 11:24:27 AM »
Damn, Jimmy Garoppolo looks good.