7 (8.1%)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
1 (1.2%)
Tennessee Titans
0 (0%)
Washington Redskins
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Author Topic: 2016 NFL THREAD - Super Bowl 51 - Patriots' Day: V - Screw Goodell  (Read 218688 times)

Offline Rattlehead

Re: 2016 NFL THREAD - RIP Dennis Green
« Reply #1050 on: September 08, 2016, 09:54:54 PM »
What a game... Denver got a bit of a break at the end there, but I'll take it  :metal Carolina came in with a nice game plan that nearly neutralized Denver's pass rush for most of the game, but Denver made critical half time adjustments on defense. Time for the media to give this Denver team a little more credit.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1051 on: September 08, 2016, 09:55:58 PM »
Well, crap.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1052 on: September 08, 2016, 09:57:51 PM »
Honestly, I didn't think the Broncos would come back when it was 17-7; I love being wrong sometimes.

I wasn't pleased with some of the dirty hits by the Broncos defense on Newton, but that happens sometimes with rugged defenses.

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #1053 on: September 08, 2016, 10:24:37 PM »
The only one I really had an issue with was Stewart's at the end, but he came flying in so fast you really can't blame him; I doubt he was  intentionally trying to hit Cam in the head like that. I found it funny that Collinsworth kept babbling on about how Von Miller should've been flagged for the "foul" on the first sack of Cam by Ware. I guess he wants the refs to start throwing flags every time a player's helmet touches another now?

I can't say enough about how pleased I am with Siemian's performance tonight against a great defense though. It obviously wasn't perfect, and there were a few bad decisions and throws, but I loved his accuracy and poise. You just don't expect that from a first time starter and 7th round pick out of Northwestern. I don't want to get ahead of myself here, but he really was a nice find by Kubiak and Elway.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1054 on: September 08, 2016, 10:31:28 PM »
The quarterback of the defending champs who won tonight is talking to the media and ESPN doesn't show it.  But if Cam Newton or Ron Rivera are at the podium, they will switch right over.  Business as usual over there.  :tdwn :tdwn

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1055 on: September 09, 2016, 06:51:30 AM »
I didn't watch the whole game (back and forth, until about 9:00 left, when I watched full through) but if you're Denver, you're happy.    I don't expect Siemieaiaaieiaieaieiaiaieaaieaian to look that good all year (16 games is grueling) but way to step up.   And I saw more of that "pouty" face from Camshaft late in the game when they needed him.   I remember Trent Dilfer saying a couple years ago, "he will never be elite because he doesn't know what he needs to know to be great, and he's not striving every day every play to be better than he was an hour ago" or something like that.    Looks like the lesson of Super Bowl hasn't sunk fully in. 

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1056 on: September 09, 2016, 08:31:23 AM »
I didn't watch the whole game (back and forth, until about 9:00 left, when I watched full through) but if you're Denver, you're happy.    I don't expect Siemieaiaaieiaieaieiaiaieaaieaian to look that good all year (16 games is grueling) but way to step up.   And I saw more of that "pouty" face from Camshaft late in the game when they needed him.   I remember Trent Dilfer saying a couple years ago, "he will never be elite because he doesn't know what he needs to know to be great, and he's not striving every day every play to be better than he was an hour ago" or something like that.    Looks like the lesson of Super Bowl hasn't sunk fully in.
I guess you'll see what you want to see.  Cam played his ass off last night.  He left it all on the field, took a lot of shots that would have knocked any other QB out of the game, and put his team in position to win.  And don't get me started about quoting Trent Dilfer on great QB attributes.

But whatever.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #1057 on: September 09, 2016, 08:38:54 AM »

I thought the same thing. His body language did not seem very leader like a lot in that game. As far as the hits, it's freaking football. People have been bitching about babying QB's for the last decade. Anyway, great game overall. Much better than the super bowl. And keep an eye on former Husker Janovich. Guy is not only a beast, but is fast and is a great blocker.

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1058 on: September 09, 2016, 10:25:39 AM »
I guess you'll see what you want to see.  Cam played his ass off last night.  He left it all on the field, took a lot of shots that would have knocked any other QB out of the game, and put his team in position to win.  And don't get me started about quoting Trent Dilfer on great QB attributes.

But whatever.
I agree, hef. Newton was getting crushed out there. There's only so much one guy can do.

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #1059 on: September 09, 2016, 06:34:23 PM »
I disagree about Cam's body language last night, compared to the Super Bowl it was like night and day. Sure he got frustrated over some of the late hits and the helmet to helmet hit from Stewart, but who wouldn't have? He still kept his composure to put his team in a good position to win the game at the end (although he was helped by a really bad call on Chris Harris Jr on the 4th and long play; if you watch the replay it's pretty obvious that Benjamin should have been called for the same thing and they should have replayed the down).

Overall, both teams looked good though and I expect both of them to be in the playoffs at the end of the season.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1060 on: September 09, 2016, 07:15:21 PM »
Yep, that if the play is called correctly, the Panthers likely do not keep the drive going and the Stewart hit never happens.  But that's neither here nor there.

Newton is similar to Roethlisberger: they are both so big and strong that I think players feel like they have to hit them harder to get them down.  If you hit them the way you would Brady or Rodgers, you'd bounce right off them.  The officials need to officiate it better.

As for Newton's body language last night, he was fine.  Considering the way he was getting drilled, I thought he did a good job of keeping his composure, and had Gano hit the FG, the story would have been him toughing it out and leading his team to a win on the road against the champs.

That said, I still enjoyed the Broncos giving him another defeat. :biggrin:

Offline faizoff

« Reply #1061 on: September 09, 2016, 08:56:39 PM »
Well considering his head got rung like a fucking bell, I'm surprised he was able to shrug it off
 https://imgur.com/Mn1z9Ld?r
Newton said he didn’t feel he was being targeted and dodged a question about whether he received fair and adequate protection from Steratore’s crew. “It’s not my job to question the officials,” Newton said. “I really like this officiating crew. So, it wasn’t something that I know they did intentionally. But it’s not fun getting hit in the head.”
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1062 on: September 11, 2016, 07:42:15 AM »
The first portion of NFL RedZone is going to be absolutely insane.... 9 games, including ones that could be very exciting, like Oakland/New Orleans, Tampa/Atlanta, Green Bay/Jacksonville (and Buffalo/Baltimore  :biggrin: ).

The afternoon slate... not so much.... only 3 games. Wish they'd even it out a little bit.

But screw it... Week One Sunday is here! Enjoy!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1063 on: September 11, 2016, 07:51:28 AM »
Hell yeah!! :coolio

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1064 on: September 11, 2016, 08:55:41 AM »
I'm so dead tired, but how can I resist going to an NFL game for 15 bucks?  (Thats the cheapest I am seeing on Stubhub for the Falcons game).  I can't get into Metlife Stadium for anywhere near that cheap.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1065 on: September 11, 2016, 10:28:24 AM »
I'm so dead tired, but how can I resist going to an NFL game for 15 bucks?  (Thats the cheapest I am seeing on Stubhub for the Falcons game).  I can't get into Metlife Stadium for anywhere near that cheap.

Hell, parking alone has to be double that :lol

So excited for week 1. I've got friends coming by and plenty of chips and beer :hat

The first portion of NFL RedZone is going to be absolutely insane.... 9 games, including ones that could be very exciting, like Oakland/New Orleans, Tampa/Atlanta, Green Bay/Jacksonville (and Buffalo/Baltimore  :biggrin: ).

The afternoon slate... not so much.... only 3 games. Wish they'd even it out a little bit.

But screw it... Week One Sunday is here! Enjoy!

I always hate this, seems like the schedule is always tilted very heavy for the early games and then there's only a couple in the late afternoon slot.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1066 on: September 11, 2016, 11:06:59 AM »
Nice honor of 9/11 at the Jets/Bengals game.  Well done.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1067 on: September 11, 2016, 11:37:29 AM »
New thread title?

The one thing I hate about this time of the sports year is that it seems like 95% of sports TV/Radio chatter is about fantasy football, while the other 5% is about the actual games.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1068 on: September 11, 2016, 12:02:42 PM »
That was a bad call on the hit of Marshall. He had a chance to pull it in and that was not a neck/head shot.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1069 on: September 11, 2016, 12:03:42 PM »
Chargers pummeling the Chiefs.  Melvin Gordon looks like the real deal.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1070 on: September 11, 2016, 12:29:54 PM »
Never expected that Kev.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1071 on: September 11, 2016, 12:34:04 PM »
That Rodgers to Adams TD!

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1072 on: September 11, 2016, 02:09:04 PM »
Just poured myself a giant glass of 10% ABV beer because I'm a fucking Jets fan  :censored
Photobucket sucks.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1073 on: September 11, 2016, 02:21:03 PM »
Just poured myself a giant glass of 10% ABV beer because I'm a fucking Jets fan  :censored

Nick Folk leaving four points on the table really screwed them. Four very easy points. Fitz may have thrown a pick, but he should have never been in that situation in the first place. A waste of an outstanding game from the D-line. Still, the Bengals are a great team and the Jets played them hard until the end of the game and had Folk not missed a chip shot field goal and an extra point, they probably would have won against a team that has made the playoffs for five straight seasons. I'm still optimistic for this season despite the loss.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 03:17:13 PM by TheCountOfNYC »
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1074 on: September 11, 2016, 02:28:58 PM »
What a crazy day so far!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1075 on: September 11, 2016, 02:44:28 PM »
Epic gag job by the Chargers.

Ballsy call to go for 2 by the Raiders, but then again, the Saints D sucks so badly that I'd go for 2 every time against them.

Offline dparrott

« Reply #1076 on: September 11, 2016, 03:47:27 PM »
Raiders win it in the last minute! Whooooo!!!
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1077 on: September 11, 2016, 03:57:41 PM »
What a crazy day so far!

Yea, lots of good games.

Eli is looking real good with Odell and now Cruz performing again.  Giants D is really struggling with Prescott who is playing great as well.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1078 on: September 11, 2016, 05:07:52 PM »
We will never get rid of Peyton commercials will we?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1079 on: September 11, 2016, 05:17:39 PM »
We will never get rid of Peyton commercials will we?

No...you...won't, you're...stuck with hiiiimm.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1080 on: September 11, 2016, 05:35:01 PM »
Love how Dallas blew it! I was afraid they'd kick a 60 yard fg for the win.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1081 on: September 11, 2016, 05:35:15 PM »
Well, that was close, but a win is a win.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1082 on: September 11, 2016, 05:56:27 PM »
I'll never get over how stupid some NFL players are when it comes to time management and situational awareness.

See: Terrance Williams and Marvin Jones.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1083 on: September 11, 2016, 06:01:07 PM »
Notice to all.... Luck is back.....

Instant top 5.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1084 on: September 11, 2016, 06:11:49 PM »
I'll never get over how stupid some NFL players are when it comes to time management and situational awareness.

See: Terrance Williams and Marvin Jones.

GET OUT OF BOUNDS!!