7 (8.1%)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
1 (1.2%)
Tennessee Titans
0 (0%)
Washington Redskins
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Author Topic: 2016 NFL THREAD - Super Bowl 51 - Patriots' Day: V - Screw Goodell  (Read 218701 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: 2016 NFL THREAD - RIP Dennis Green
« Reply #980 on: August 30, 2016, 05:32:21 PM »
Damn on Teddy Bridgewater.   Sounds like he's out for the year.

By all accounts, sounds like an absolutely horrific injury.  Wouldn't be surprised if his career is in jeopardy; it sounds that bad.  How awful.  :|

Speaking of QBs, the Broncos are going with Trevor Siemian. I am good with that.  Sanchez is just too erratic, and Lynch isn't ready yet.

Agreed. Sanchez has had ample opportunity to prove he's not that good and that double-fumble pre-season game sealed his fate.

Siemian seems like a crazy idea to go with, but I watched him play at Northwestern and he was really good in his limited time.  His problem was getting injured though.  I'm really happy for him to get the shot and am rooting for him to succeed.

They'll be some growing pains, since he likes to take chances by heaving it downfield, but he should stretch the field, and he has the WRs to do it.

Offline Skeever

« Reply #981 on: August 30, 2016, 05:38:57 PM »
Sanchez is backup material, and the Broncos have that covered. What internet analysts fail to look at when they took at Sanchez's average stats are the fumbles. He's just as good at fumbling as he is throwing INTs.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #982 on: August 31, 2016, 07:35:54 AM »
Yep, shame about Bridgewater.  Last I heard, there was no nerve or arterial damage, so that's good.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #983 on: August 31, 2016, 07:36:39 AM »
Sanchez is backup material, and the Broncos have that covered. What internet analysts fail to look at when they took at Sanchez's average stats are the fumbles. He's just as good at fumbling as he is throwing INTs.

I find this hard to believe, the butt fumble!  :lol How can people forget about that?

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #984 on: August 31, 2016, 07:45:54 AM »

I find this hard to believe, the butt fumble!  :lol How can people forget about that?

I don't know what this "butt fumble" you speak of is referring to, but speaking strictly hypothetically, if a Jets fan drank enough alcohol he might be able to make himself forget.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #985 on: August 31, 2016, 07:54:31 AM »
Of course you'd blank out the butt fumble game against us Bill. :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #986 on: August 31, 2016, 09:23:16 AM »

I don't know what this "butt fumble" you speak of is referring to, but speaking strictly hypothetically, if a Jets fan drank enough alcohol he might be able to make himself forget.
:clap:
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #987 on: August 31, 2016, 10:08:20 AM »
Bridgewater is just one of those players it's hard to not like. And I've got nothing against the Vikings, either. It really is a shame, as they were going to be a lot of fun to watch this year. Shame for AP, as well. Even if you don't like the guy, playing with TB made him even more exciting, I think.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #988 on: August 31, 2016, 10:19:01 AM »

I'm glad I'm not the only one lol.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #989 on: September 01, 2016, 06:39:49 AM »
Bridgewater is just one of those players it's hard to not like. And I've got nothing against the Vikings, either. It really is a shame, as they were going to be a lot of fun to watch this year. Shame for AP, as well. Even if you don't like the guy, playing with TB made him even more exciting, I think.

This. The Vikings are my #2 team and I thought they had a great shot at the playoffs if not more. After the missed field goal last year and now this it's dark times to be Vikings fan.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #990 on: September 01, 2016, 08:52:09 PM »
I don't think the sky is totally falling in Minnesota.  I mean, they will take a hit, but Bridgewater was still a below average starting NFL QB (I would have put him at 19-22 coming into this season if he were healthy), and they still have AP and a really good defense. 

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #991 on: September 02, 2016, 06:40:07 AM »
I wouldn't call him Below Average and he was definitely on the up swing. If he is below average what does that make Sean Hill?

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #992 on: September 02, 2016, 07:58:29 AM »
A backup to a below average QB?
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #993 on: September 02, 2016, 12:15:14 PM »
I wouldn't call him Below Average and he was definitely on the up swing.

I would.

Quarterbacks obviously better:

Rodgers
Brady
Wilson
Brees
Newton
Roethlisberger
Rivers
Palmer
Eli
Dalton
Luck
Romo
Flacco
Carr

That's 14.

And I would also put ahead of him:

Stafford
Fitzpatrick
Cousins
Bortles
Ryan
Alex Smith

That's 20.  So when I said 19-22, he was on the lower end of that tier. 

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #994 on: September 03, 2016, 08:46:24 AM »
Minnesota traded for Bradford.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #995 on: September 03, 2016, 09:35:14 AM »
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline T-ski

« Reply #996 on: September 03, 2016, 10:52:36 AM »
Minnesota traded for Bradford.

what a bad trade for the Vikings.  A 1st and a 4th (which could turn into a 2 according to one report if the Vikings do well). 

Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #997 on: September 03, 2016, 02:15:04 PM »
They needed a QB, so it makes sense. I laughed when I saw it, though. Everyone wants Bradford until they have him. :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #998 on: September 04, 2016, 07:05:03 AM »
I get why they made that trade: they are set up to contend with the NFC big boys this year and AP probably doesn't have much time left before he hits the RB wall, so they are going for broke this year.  Bradford isn't that good, but he's probably about as good as Bridgewater was (although he'll need time to get up to speed with the playbook).  That said, they still gave up way too much to get him.

Oh, and this made me laugh: Cowboys nab Sanchez right after the Broncos cut him. :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #999 on: September 04, 2016, 07:35:46 AM »
Just for you Kev.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1000 on: September 04, 2016, 07:47:19 AM »

:biggrin:

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1001 on: September 04, 2016, 08:18:41 AM »
You really should post the Defense. Even a Pats fan knows that. ;D

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1002 on: September 04, 2016, 09:09:05 AM »
If you insist.

:hat

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1003 on: September 04, 2016, 09:19:51 AM »
Here, let me help you with this year.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1004 on: September 04, 2016, 09:25:45 AM »

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #1005 on: September 04, 2016, 09:43:09 AM »
While we're on the subject of this year, I'm glad we still have this guy  ;D:

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1006 on: September 04, 2016, 09:46:24 AM »

:lol. That is the worst meme since Drew's play was so bad at the time.  No worries with Tom's play. 

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1007 on: September 04, 2016, 10:40:01 AM »
Not yet, but it's coming very, very soon.  Brady is 39 now and Father Time is gonna to catch him at any time, just like it did to Peyton in the second half of the 2014 season.  You've been warned. :biggrin:

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1008 on: September 04, 2016, 10:42:36 AM »
 :lol

I don't think his drop will be as fast as Peyton.  The neck surgeries did him in but it is coming.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1009 on: September 04, 2016, 11:03:27 AM »
The Patriots have already done a good job in the last few years at adjusting their offense to his shortcomings now - they rely heavily on the short passing game since he cannot consistently through the deep ball anymore - but he took a lot of hits behind that line last year, and if it's not significantly better this year, he will take a lot again when he comes back.  The body can only take so many hits, regardless of what the mind wants.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1010 on: September 04, 2016, 11:34:46 AM »
Yeah, the other line has been very weak.  Brady seems to take the hits well but of course you pressure any qb and that rushes them into mistakes. 

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #1011 on: September 04, 2016, 05:24:35 PM »
Yeah, the other line has been very weak.  Brady seems to take the hits well but of course you pressure any qb and that rushes them into mistakes.

Brady takes hits just about as well as any QB I've ever watched. He got knocked around a lot in the AFC Championship game last season and shook the hits off like they were nothing. I actually thought he was going to be injured for sure when Malik Jackson crushed him and landed on his shoulder after he lobbed the ball up that ended up getting picked off by Darian Stewart. The problem is that he isn't getting any younger and if the o line continues to allow him to get punished like that, he won't last much longer. I'm sure Belichick and Co. will get the o line issues sorted out though. Apparently getting rid of Stork was a step in that direction.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #1012 on: September 04, 2016, 06:25:24 PM »
While we're on the subject of this year, I'm glad we still have this guy  ;D:

Drafted that dude in FF today.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1013 on: September 04, 2016, 09:41:49 PM »

Brady takes hits just about as well as any QB I've ever watched. He got knocked around a lot in the AFC Championship game last season and shook the hits off like they were nothing. I actually thought he was going to be injured for sure when Malik Jackson crushed him and landed on his shoulder after he lobbed the ball up that ended up getting picked off by Darian Stewart. The problem is that he isn't getting any younger and if the o line continues to allow him to get punished like that, he won't last much longer. I'm sure Belichick and Co. will get the o line issues sorted out though. Apparently getting rid of Stork was a step in that direction.

I disagree.  He was definitely rattled due to all of the hits he was taking. I remember a play, in the 3rd quarter I think, where he stepped up in the pocket and did their weird side step and then threw an incompletion into the ground, almost like he was expecting to get hit again and panicked there for a second.  That happens to the best quarterbacks if you hit them enough.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1014 on: September 05, 2016, 04:19:44 AM »

I disagree.  He was definitely rattled due to all of the hits he was taking. I remember a play, in the 3rd quarter I think, where he stepped up in the pocket and did their weird side step and then threw an incompletion into the ground, almost like he was expecting to get hit again and panicked there for a second.  That happens to the best quarterbacks if you hit them enough.

When Tom Brady has a clean pocket he's the best QB on the planet but when he's constantly getting pressured and hit in the pocket he becomes an average signal caller at best. He starts to see phantom defenders in the backfield and rushes his throws. It's his weakness and the way that Rex Ryan's Jets teams were able to find success against him.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask