7 (8.1%)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
1 (1.2%)
Tennessee Titans
0 (0%)
Washington Redskins
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Author Topic: 2016 NFL THREAD - Super Bowl 51 - Patriots' Day: V - Screw Goodell  (Read 218955 times)

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
Re: 2016 NFL THREAD
« Reply #525 on: June 06, 2016, 07:42:57 PM »
If that's the case he's going to be facing some charges. This certainly isn't NY, but carrying a weapon where alcohol sales make up 51% of the gross is a felony. His silly ass probably didn't have a CCL, so that's another one. Not to mention a variety of disorderly conduct misdemeanors. He won't go to Huntsville or anything, but he'll get a pretty stiff probation/community service wrap, a la Michael Irvin. Not to mention that Roger Goodell might slap him with a twenty five dollar fine or something.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #526 on: June 06, 2016, 07:47:55 PM »
It amazes me how many athletes hang out at strip joints until the weekend hours of the morning.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #527 on: June 06, 2016, 08:10:02 PM »
Oh and....

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #528 on: June 06, 2016, 08:12:43 PM »
Shoving a woman out of a moving car?  Oof.

I think I'd walk that one back, my fellow sports fan.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #529 on: June 06, 2016, 08:14:17 PM »
Lol. Fantasy.   I'm a beaten down married man Kev.

I never win.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #530 on: June 06, 2016, 08:17:30 PM »
   I'm a beaten down married man Kev.

:biggrin:

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #531 on: June 06, 2016, 08:19:30 PM »
 :lol

Truth.  Lol

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #532 on: June 06, 2016, 10:36:03 PM »
It amazes me how many athletes hang out at strip joints until the weekend hours of the morning.
Nah, that's when the girls are drunk and looking for a ride home.  :lol
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #533 on: June 07, 2016, 04:17:06 AM »
 :lol

Very true. 

Offline dparrott

« Reply #534 on: June 08, 2016, 08:33:46 AM »
Behind the scenes of the upcoming Marshawn Lynch interview.  "Run through a muthaf :censored s face!"  :lol
https://youtu.be/Ut2vrhQZhI0
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #535 on: June 08, 2016, 12:36:34 PM »
As a married Patriot fan that can't afford those kinds of clubs either (and doesn't quite get why you'd pay that scratch to see girls in a bikini, when you can do that for free at the beach), the last 15 posts or so have been total, utter win, like Montana to Rice for the game-winner.   

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #536 on: June 16, 2016, 06:09:33 PM »
Rex Ryan is bragging that the Bills won the offseason.

Congrats, now let us know when a team you coach ever wins a postseason.

Actually, we can set the bar a tad lower: let us know when a team you coach ever wins a division. :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #537 on: June 16, 2016, 06:11:02 PM »
I posted it on Facebook. I chuckled so damn hard.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #538 on: June 17, 2016, 04:29:10 AM »
Rex Ryan is bragging that the Bills won the offseason.

Congrats, now let us know when a team you coach ever wins a postseason.

Actually, we can set the bar a tad lower: let us know when a team you coach ever wins a division. :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

He's an asshat. All there is to his coaching is obnoxious quotes and empty promises. He's a brilliant defensive mind but he can't run a full team to save his life. He lets the players run the asylum and it always ends in disaster. As a Jets fan I used to stick up for him all the time and say that the bad play in the last four years was due to bad management decisions and that he was doing the best job possible but now that he's gone and a first year Todd Bowles was one win away from the playoffs (and from a division title if that one win was in the first game against NE) while Rex went 8-8 yet again, I can clearly see that he was a huge part of the problem. Good riddance and here's hoping he stays in Buffalo for a long time so that they can continue being mediocre.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 01:57:36 PM by TheCountOfNYC »
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #539 on: June 17, 2016, 07:32:50 AM »
I don't think he is that bad of a coach, he's really good with the defense, but he definitely has a big mouth and winning the offseason is not something to brag about since now if you don't show results it looks like it's all on the coaching since he clearly has the players if he won the offseason.  If he doesn't make the playoffs he should be fired for saying that and not backing it up.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #540 on: June 20, 2016, 02:38:30 PM »
I see from the poll there is at least one Falcon fan here.... so any suggestions for going to a game?  I'll be in Atlanta for the home opener against the Bucs.  Looks like tickets are fairly cheap on stubhub so was wondering if I should grab one now or just wait till closer to game time?  How are prices typically?  Getting to/from the stadium, any public transportation?

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #541 on: June 20, 2016, 02:44:22 PM »
I kinda forgot there was a poll.  I just kinda ignore it now.  Looking back at it, I am a bit surprised there are no votes for the Colts or Saints.  I am not surprised there are no votes for the Jaguars.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #542 on: June 20, 2016, 03:12:21 PM »
I kinda forgot there was a poll.  I just kinda ignore it now.  Looking back at it, I am a bit surprised there are no votes for the Colts or Saints.  I am not surprised there are no votes for the Jaguars.
I find the abundance of Vikings fans kind of surprising.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #543 on: June 20, 2016, 03:44:15 PM »
I find the amount of Pats fans surprising.  Since they are the most hated right now.

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #544 on: June 23, 2016, 01:43:18 AM »
I'm a very happy camper today!  In '94 my Rams left me.  Today I did something I thought impossible in 1995, I bought Los Angeles Rams season tickets.  :metal :metal :metal

The Rams opened up for Season Ticket deposits for a week, and received 57,000 $100 deposits.  I got in probably between 10-15k down the list, and that was calling 3.5 hours after the windows opened up.  When I went through the process today there were fewer than 3000 season tickets left!  It was slim pickens' for sure, but I'm happy as a pig in shit that I got seats!  I feel for the 30k peeps behind me who won't get season tix this season.  I've talked to quite a few people over the last 4 weeks since they started the process and knew my chances were rough.  Most everyone I talked to were buying 6-8 tix each.  Knowing how far down the list I was a little depressing.  The day the windows opened I had to work and was not able to call till 3.5 hrs in.  I  bought 8 seats along with 3 of my work buddies, 2 for each of us.  Needless to say, all of us are so stoked!!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #545 on: June 23, 2016, 05:53:59 AM »
That's awesome.  No PSLs?  That's even more awesome.

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #546 on: June 23, 2016, 06:15:36 AM »
That's awesome.  No PSLs?  That's even more awesome.

Those will be coming in 2019 with the new stadium.  Pretty sure I'll have to sell the grandkids on eBay.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #547 on: June 23, 2016, 06:17:40 AM »
Nah, by then, the majority of people in LA will have remembered that they don't care that much about football, and you'll be able to get them cheap. Score!!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #548 on: June 23, 2016, 07:35:53 AM »
I'm a very happy camper today!  In '94 my Rams left me.  Today I did something I thought impossible in 1995, I bought Los Angeles Rams season tickets.  :metal :metal :metal

The Rams opened up for Season Ticket deposits for a week, and received 57,000 $100 deposits.  I got in probably between 10-15k down the list, and that was calling 3.5 hours after the windows opened up.  When I went through the process today there were fewer than 3000 season tickets left!  It was slim pickens' for sure, but I'm happy as a pig in shit that I got seats!  I feel for the 30k peeps behind me who won't get season tix this season.  I've talked to quite a few people over the last 4 weeks since they started the process and knew my chances were rough.  Most everyone I talked to were buying 6-8 tix each.  Knowing how far down the list I was a little depressing.  The day the windows opened I had to work and was not able to call till 3.5 hrs in.  I  bought 8 seats along with 3 of my work buddies, 2 for each of us.  Needless to say, all of us are so stoked!!
That's awesome!  I'm not convinced yet that football will succeed in LA, but for your sake I hope it does!
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #549 on: June 23, 2016, 07:38:51 AM »
That's awesome!  I'm not convinced yet that football will succeed in LA, but for your sake I hope it does!

I'm baffled as to why it wouldn't succeed. LA is a big market, one of the biggest, and the NFL is easily the most popular of the major pro-sports leagues in the country.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #550 on: June 23, 2016, 07:53:06 AM »
Ask the Raiders and the Rams before.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #551 on: June 23, 2016, 07:59:05 AM »
Those teams sucked at the time.  Had nothing to do with geography.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #552 on: June 23, 2016, 08:00:08 AM »
LA is the entertainment capital, and it is hard for everything to get the full attention of fans.  If the Rams don't win early and often, fans out there will get bored very fast.

Looking at all sports, I still think the biggest mistake ever was Albert Pujols going there.  In St. Louis, he was the king; he owned the city like no athlete had in decades (Ozzie Smith).  Meanwhile, in LA, he is just another star, and a declining one at that.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #553 on: June 23, 2016, 08:27:25 AM »
Ask the Raiders and the Rams before.

Those teams sucked at the time.  Had nothing to do with geography.

BINGO. Plus the NFL has changed a lot. It so big now, and the popularity has grown so much, I can't see it failing in a market like LA. If teams can suck in markets like Jacksonville and survive, I think a team can in LA.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #554 on: June 23, 2016, 08:55:43 AM »
I think it stands a better chance now than it did in the past just because of how big the sport blew up over the years since there was last an LA team. 

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #555 on: June 23, 2016, 09:05:25 AM »
It'll be huge when it's new and shiny. In a couple of years people will grow sick and tired of having to drive to Inglewood and blow the thing off. You also run into the problem that people in So-Cal aren't as willing to stay at home indoors all day on a Sunday.

If they're smart they'll make sure there are sideline tickets available for the rich and famous. Give them an opportunity for photo-ops and the whole thing becomes more trendy. Works well for the Lakers.
E.F. Benson

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #556 on: June 23, 2016, 09:05:56 AM »
I think it stands a better chance now than it did in the past just because of how big the sport blew up over the years since there was last an LA team. 

My thought as well, football is clearly the biggest/most popular sport in the country now which wasn't the case back in 94.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #557 on: June 23, 2016, 10:58:58 AM »
It'll be huge when it's new and shiny. In a couple of years people will grow sick and tired of having to drive to Inglewood and blow the thing off. You also run into the problem that people in So-Cal aren't as willing to stay at home indoors all day on a Sunday.
This is my thought as well.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #558 on: June 23, 2016, 11:08:52 AM »
Hard to say.  I mean, if we knew why the NFL has never caught on big in L.A., the NFL would have been all over finding a solution.  It's too big a potential money maker if a solution were apparent.  But it isn't.  We don't really know why it hasn't worked.  But through multiple teams, what we do know is simply that it hasn't.  I'm not sure what, if anything, has changed since.  But I guess we'll see.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #559 on: June 23, 2016, 07:31:38 PM »
I can't deny what happened back in the early 90's with the Rams here, I witnessed it all unfold up close and personal.  Like I've said in other posts I blame 2 things.  One... just too much stuff to do if your team isn't winning in SoCal. Two... we have SOOOO many transplants here.  Folks come here for the weather and bring their hometown allegiances with them, I'm hard pressed to find local folks at times here...seriously!  Majority of folks are from somewhere else.  I do think it's a different landscape now then it was back in the early 90's.  Football and it's popularity have grown leaps and bounds.  It also helps that we have an owner with deep pockets and some business savvy.  We surely didn't have that with Georgia.  I believe it will suceed this time around. I'm optimistic, even if I am a tad biased.  ;D

One other aspect I'm seeing already, and we haven't even had a game yet, is the anticipation from the kids here.  There are 2 Generations here that have never really had their own team.  One of my co-workers is a Niners fan, not a rabid one, but one none the less.  His young boys, 5-7, are already asking if they can be Rams fans!  The momentum is picking up for sure...you can really feel it!