7 (8.1%)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
1 (1.2%)
Tennessee Titans
0 (0%)
Washington Redskins
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Author Topic: 2016 NFL THREAD - Super Bowl 51 - Patriots' Day: V - Screw Goodell  (Read 218730 times)

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: 2016 NFL THREAD - Draft time!
« Reply #490 on: April 28, 2016, 06:53:48 PM »
Ronnie Stanley, Welcome to Baltimore.

Guess they thought that Tunsil was too risky.

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #491 on: April 28, 2016, 06:54:42 PM »
would have gone Tunsil, but Stanley is a solid pick. just needs motivation I think. seems a bit "slacky"

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #492 on: April 28, 2016, 06:55:35 PM »
Tunsil will fall now.

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #493 on: April 28, 2016, 06:57:25 PM »
LOL. Now it just got interesting with Tunsil and a Bong

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #494 on: April 28, 2016, 06:59:54 PM »
Tunsil will drop big. Conklin will go before

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #495 on: April 28, 2016, 07:06:11 PM »
Tunsil will drop big. Conklin will go before

Good call.

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #496 on: April 28, 2016, 07:06:39 PM »
I should have played the lottery lol. Tunsil may fall till the 20's

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
« Reply #497 on: April 28, 2016, 07:07:03 PM »
Browns trade down again. This is smart. They need as many picks as they can get.
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #498 on: April 28, 2016, 07:08:12 PM »
agree. Now I want Lawson. Love this kid. He is a monster.aybe even better than Bosa

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #499 on: April 28, 2016, 07:13:28 PM »
hmmmmmmmmm Chicago just thru a loop

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #500 on: April 28, 2016, 07:15:59 PM »
Ok G men. do the right thing! Law man!

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #501 on: April 28, 2016, 07:23:12 PM »
f me :tdwn :tdwn :tdwn :tdwn :tdwn :tdwn :tdwn :tdwn :tdwn :tdwn

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #502 on: April 28, 2016, 07:25:18 PM »
That's rough. Hopefully, he'll develop.

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #503 on: April 28, 2016, 07:26:04 PM »
Hate the pick. Hate it

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #504 on: April 28, 2016, 07:27:18 PM »
That aside.............kids that have the opportunity to make millions. Stay off social media. MORONS

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #505 on: April 28, 2016, 07:32:40 PM »
I like his name. Apple :lol

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #506 on: April 28, 2016, 09:08:16 PM »
Jets should have taken Lynch. IMHO, HE was the best QB in the draft. Elway knows QB's and with Kubiak, this kid can be a monster. A STEAL for the Broncos.

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #507 on: April 28, 2016, 09:15:05 PM »
GOD I fucking hate Bear fans... shouting out "Let's Go Bears" while the commish announces the Packers pick.

Kenny Clark should be a decent pick. I wanted Reggie Raglund myself, but they said he had some injury concerns.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #508 on: April 29, 2016, 04:14:07 AM »
Jets should have taken Lynch. IMHO, HE was the best QB in the draft. Elway knows QB's and with Kubiak, this kid can be a monster. A STEAL for the Broncos.

They're still holding out for Fitzpatrick who they already know can play well for them. Linebacker was a huge need for them and they were able to address it without reaching too far to do so. I love the pick personally.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #509 on: April 29, 2016, 04:53:54 AM »
Panthers picked another DL.

Their philosophy is that the best pass defense is a QB on his ass.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #510 on: April 29, 2016, 06:16:31 PM »

They're still holding out for Fitzpatrick who they already know can play well for them. Linebacker was a huge need for them and they were able to address it without reaching too far to do so. I love the pick personally.

After Fitz threw 3 picks in the fourth quarter of a must-win game, I don't understand the faith people have in him. It was the most Fitz-like performance ever.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #511 on: April 29, 2016, 06:56:38 PM »

After Fitz threw 3 picks in the fourth quarter of a must-win game, I don't understand the faith people have in him. It was the most Fitz-like performance ever.

The whole team played poorly that day. He didn't play badly until all of the pressure was on him. Only a Brady/Manning/Rodgers like QB will succeed in that type of stipulation. No matter anyway as the Jets picked a QB in the second round, officially taking away all of Fitz's leverage in contract talks.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #512 on: April 29, 2016, 08:02:00 PM »

The whole team played poorly that day. He didn't play badly until all of the pressure was on him. Only a Brady/Manning/Rodgers like QB will succeed in that type of stipulation. No matter anyway as the Jets picked a QB in the second round, officially taking away all of Fitz's leverage in contract talks.

Is Hackenberg any more ready than Petty, though?  Not sure he's ready enough to be real leverage.

Related, very surprised that Houston didn't take Hackenberg...I figured O'Brien had been planning on getting him for the past couple of years.
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #513 on: April 29, 2016, 11:25:30 PM »
Related, very surprised that Houston didn't take Hackenberg...I figured O'Brien had been planning on getting him for the past couple of years.
My guess is that they wouldn't want to deal with the circus it would create after giving a big contract to Osweiler. Plus that would be a fairly high pick for a guy that they theoretically have no plan to start anytime remotely soon.

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #514 on: April 30, 2016, 10:55:18 AM »

Jets need to eat a bullet and decide what they are doing at QB. Geno is a bust, they need to put the Baylor kid in.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #515 on: May 02, 2016, 02:36:31 PM »
As a PSU alum and have watched all of Hackenberg's games, I can say the kid needs foot work and a confidence boost.  For the Jet's, he would be best to sit for at least a year, but given their QB situation, who knows.  I wouldn't feel comfortable with Geno starting and I wouldn't want to give Fitz a fat contract.  The Jet's OL is not very good right now so that would be a major problem for Hackenberg since without an OL at PSU he was unable to make plays on his own.  He probably has better natural QB skills than Petty though. 

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #517 on: May 18, 2016, 08:59:16 PM »

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #519 on: May 19, 2016, 06:26:10 AM »
As a Giants fan, I enjoyed the joke  :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: 2016 NFL THREAD
« Reply #520 on: June 06, 2016, 06:04:03 PM »
So the rumors are that Talib Plexico'd himself.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #521 on: June 06, 2016, 06:24:08 PM »
So the rumors are that Talib Plexico'd himself.
:rollin   I haven't seen of reports of that, but it wouldn't surprise me. He's a numbskull and also the sort of guy that likes to fire a gun into the air.

What's interesting to me is reading up on the clubs he hangs out in. I've lived in Dallas all my life and I'd never heard of any of these places. Not surprising as they're entirely out of my league financially. Sort of like the club George Costanza's model friend partied at that closed down rather than allow one loser to know of its existence. He fancies clubs that cater to rich idiots and their wannabes.  That'd be fine if it were The Harrow Club or something, but they're all really awful, apparently. In the case of Vlive, where he got shot, $40 parking, $40 cover, $150+ bottle service only and the strippers don't even get topless. It's also in a pretty dodgy neighborhood for a titty-bar.

Dude probably should have shot himself about 4 feet higher.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #523 on: June 06, 2016, 06:50:25 PM »
Bronco or not, Talib is a complete and total tool.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #524 on: June 06, 2016, 07:16:39 PM »
I knew that as a Patriot but in pro sports talent overrides being a jackass.