7 (8.1%)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
1 (1.2%)
Tennessee Titans
0 (0%)
Washington Redskins
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Author Topic: 2016 NFL THREAD - Super Bowl 51 - Patriots' Day: V - Screw Goodell  (Read 218471 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: 2016 NFL THREAD - Chargers suffer a BROWNOUT
« Reply #2486 on: December 25, 2016, 08:55:44 PM »
I don't get why the Ravens didn't attempt a Hail Mary at the end - Flacco has the arm to easily get it there - but that loss is on the defense; epic gag job.

Shameful effort in the 1st quarter tonight by the Broncos. They obviously have mailed it in.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #2487 on: December 25, 2016, 09:34:59 PM »
Lol Broncos treating the ball like a hot potato.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2488 on: December 25, 2016, 09:38:07 PM »
I was totally expecting a Flacco Hail Mary at the end.  *Sighs*
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2489 on: December 25, 2016, 10:02:36 PM »
That TD at the end...serves the defense right for playing like they did tonight.

Having said that, the Broncos will hopefully give the Chiefs an FU for that next week by laying down to the Raiders and ensuring that the Chiefs stay a wild card team.

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #2490 on: December 25, 2016, 10:05:13 PM »
What an embarrassing game. The Broncos don't seem to have an identity any more... their defense has become soft to the point where anyone could run all over them, and their effort has been questionable lately. The TJ Ward play last week when he body slammed Edelman comes to mind. It just feels like they gave up on the season weeks ago. The Miller contract also doesn't seem so great any more. As great of a player as he is, I'm not so sure any LB is worth that kind of money. There's a reason why Belichick traded away Jamie Collins. This team has a lot of work to do in the off season to say the least.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2491 on: December 26, 2016, 07:47:27 AM »
They weren't the same after the defensive collapse and Kubiak's questionable decision to attempt that long FG against KC a month ago.  1-3 since, with 43 points scored (about half of which the defense basically scored, like last night's TD being set up by an INT return to the 5).

Offline dparrott

« Reply #2492 on: December 26, 2016, 08:18:37 PM »
Anyone else see Carr's injury? Not good for the Raiders.

Yeah, really bad; broken leg.  I think the season is completely shot now; finally get to back to the playoffs and now this.  McGloin or Cook...Davis should throw some money at Manning or Favre and see if they would come back for one more go.

It doesn't look good, yes, but it ain't over until it's over!  Carr could join them in the Super Bowl...if they get that far.
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #2493 on: December 26, 2016, 08:36:23 PM »

Yeah, really bad; broken leg.  I think the season is completely shot now; finally get to back to the playoffs and now this.  McGloin or Cook...Davis should throw some money at Manning or Favre and see if they would come back for one more go.

It doesn't look good, yes, but it ain't over until it's over!  Carr could join them in the Super Bowl...if they get that far.

On the halftime report of tonight's game, ESPN reported that it would be 6-8 weeks minimum and he wouldn't be able to return to the team until spring mini-camps. The surgery is scheduled to take place on Tuesday (tomorrow). The super bowl is on February the 5th. I'm certainly not a doctor, but that seems to be pushing it way too early. Then again, when Ben had his knee surgery earlier this season, I expected him to be gone for awhile and he only missed one game, so anything is possible.
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2494 on: December 26, 2016, 08:45:04 PM »
LOL Dez Bryant has his 1st career TD pass to Jason Witten.  :rollin
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2495 on: December 26, 2016, 09:05:21 PM »

On the halftime report of tonight's game, ESPN reported that it would be 6-8 weeks minimum and he wouldn't be able to return to the team until spring mini-camps. The surgery is scheduled to take place on Tuesday (tomorrow). The super bowl is on February the 5th. I'm certainly not a doctor, but that seems to be pushing it way too early. Then again, when Ben had his knee surgery earlier this season, I expected him to be gone for awhile and he only missed one game, so anything is possible.
You never know, he could pull a Terrell Owens. Seems highly unlikely, though, as does the Raiders actually making it that far with McGloin at QB.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2496 on: December 26, 2016, 09:08:07 PM »
LOL Dez Bryant has his 1st career TD pass to Jason Witten.  :rollin

The Cowboys are certainly not interested in coasting into the playoffs. Their offense has been exciting as hell tonight.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: 2016 NFL THREAD - DAK ATTACK!
« Reply #2498 on: December 27, 2016, 09:55:16 AM »
Gutted both brothers. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2499 on: December 27, 2016, 10:31:58 AM »
As much as I am happy for the Raider and was pulling for them this season, with Carr out, they don't realistically have a chance of going all the way, IMO.  So I would actually be happy seeing KC steal the #2 spot back, since I think it would benefit their chances and that they legitimately do have a chance of going all the way.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2500 on: December 27, 2016, 02:04:35 PM »
I really feel bad for Carr.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2501 on: December 27, 2016, 02:09:36 PM »
I really feel bad for Carr.

And Raider nation, sucks a lot. However, as a PSU alum, I'm actually more interested in the raiders now to see Mcgloin play. For a walk on who amazingly made his way to a starter in college and some how undrafted made his way to an NFL roster and got some playing time, it'll be interesting to see if he can make something out of his opportunity. Granted I don't expect much but no one ever has out of him.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: 2016 NFL THREAD - No Romo? No Problem!
« Reply #2502 on: December 27, 2016, 06:45:41 PM »
Post-Week 16 Power Rankings
1. New England - THE team to beat
2. Dallas - will have a tougher time in the much tougher NFC
3. Kansas City - Tyreek Hill gives them an element they didn't have before
4. Atlanta - offense is setting records, but is the D good enough?
5. Green Bay - set to make a run
6. Pittsburgh - tough home win secures the 3 seed
7. Oakland - tough to drop a 12-3 team down to 7, but losing Carr is a season-killer
8. NY Giants - offense just can't seem to get it together
9. Miami - helluva turnaround this year, but can they make a dent in January?
10. Seattle - this team simply isn't what it used to be

Trending Up:

New Orleans - finishing strong
Arizona - we just saw the team many thought would contend for the title
Houston - still a fraud, but they won their division

Trending Down:

Detroit - can they save the season?
Denver - A lot to fix this offseason
Tampa Bay - as quickly as they looked like a contender, they turned back into a pretender

MVP contenders:

1. Matt Ryan - should be the hands down winner (but won't be)
2. Derek Carr - he'll miss the last game, but should still finish 2nd
3. Tom Brady - another season where he's the best QB not having the best season
4. Aaron Rodgers - shook off the early season slump and looks better than ever again.
5. Ezekiel Elliott - his MVP case is still being overstated - DeMarco Murray ran for more yards behind the same line two years ago - but is still worthy of staying in the convo

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2503 on: December 27, 2016, 06:49:49 PM »
If Matt Ryan wins this weekend he'll win the MVP.  Too many national media saying Brady not playing the first 4 games will stop them from voting for him.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: 2016 NFL THREAD - No Romo? No Problem!
« Reply #2504 on: December 27, 2016, 06:52:41 PM »

MVP contenders:

1. Matt Ryan - should be the hands down winner (but won't be)
2. Derek Carr - he'll miss the last game, but should still finish 2nd
3. Tom Brady - another season where he's the best QB not having the best season
4. Aaron Rodgers - shook off the early season slump and looks better than ever again.
5. Ezekiel Elliott - his MVP case is still being overstated - DeMarco Murray ran for more yards behind the same line two years ago - but is still worthy of staying in the convo

My MVP easily goes to Prescott. How can you not put him in the Top 5?

Seems some will hold the 4 games Brady did not play in against him, but what about the (at least) 4 games Rodgers did play in and sucked? No way he can be MVP.

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2505 on: December 27, 2016, 06:58:32 PM »
Help me out: in which four games did Rodgers suck?

With Prescott, I have no doubt that the Cowboys would have been just as good with Romo in there, therefore Prescott's value isn't as high.  Plus, he caught teams off guard early since he was a rookie, so his degree of difficult wasn't high early on.  Honestly though, I do think Brady, Rodgers, Elliot and Prescott are all pretty interchangeable from 3-6.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2506 on: December 27, 2016, 07:01:39 PM »
Didn't Romo play last year? What was their record?

Help me out: in which four games did Rodgers suck?

shook off the early season slump 

^
Those four. ;D

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2507 on: December 27, 2016, 07:04:07 PM »
You know Kev when the tea loses 4 in a row the QB is blamed even though he's not the reason.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2508 on: December 27, 2016, 07:04:28 PM »
Romo missed most of last season. They were 3-1 when he started and 1-11 when he didn't. *belches*

Even during Rodgers slump, he still wasn't playing awful; just not up to his usual high standards.  The Dallas game was the one I can say he played poorly.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2509 on: December 27, 2016, 07:05:24 PM »
You know Kev when the tea loses 4 in a row the QB is blamed even though he's not the reason.

Yeah, by media nimrods and half wits who call into sports talk. :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2510 on: December 27, 2016, 07:06:29 PM »
Oh shit.  I've called in 5 times in my life. :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2511 on: December 27, 2016, 07:06:43 PM »
Romo missed most of last season. They were 3-1 when he started and 1-11 when he didn't. *belches*

Gotcha! *farts*

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2512 on: December 27, 2016, 07:09:01 PM »

:face palm:

Boston sports talk hosts complaining about Spygate and Deflategate was probably like throwing red meat to the wolves. :lol :biggrin:

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2513 on: December 27, 2016, 07:12:54 PM »

Who did you call? What were your takes?

I've never called. The only time I ever picked up the phone was to call Dale Arnold's show when Ray Bourque was traded. But I never went through with it.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2514 on: December 27, 2016, 07:13:22 PM »
Actually.  I didn't on those. :lol. BTW, at first most thought Brady was guilty.  It changed when the league did their thing.  There are some that harass the fandom.

The times I called was to respond to dumb callers.

Like the internet. :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2515 on: December 27, 2016, 07:14:24 PM »
Yup. Sports Talk Radio is like DTF Live.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2516 on: December 27, 2016, 07:14:53 PM »

Who did you call? What were your takes?

I've never called. The only time I ever picked up the phone was to call Dale Arnold's show when Ray Bourque was traded. But I never went through with it.

A few about Beckett playing golf.  Ect.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2517 on: December 27, 2016, 07:18:35 PM »
Yeah, well, they only get so many off days. ;D

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #2518 on: December 28, 2016, 03:43:54 AM »
Tampa Bay's playoff scenario is absolutely brilliant! They need 7 results to go their way, including winning themselves, the 49ers beating the Seahawks, AND WAS-NYG tying. So that's not going to happen. Maybe we should have a little sweepstake as to how close they get though; how many elements of the scenario will go their way?

Bucs, Lions, Titans, 49ers, Colts and Cowboys ALL winning, plus Washington-Giants tying.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #2519 on: December 28, 2016, 10:00:13 AM »
the 49ers beating the Seahawks

Maybe, if the Seahawks send out their practice squad.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1