7 (8.1%)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
1 (1.2%)
Tennessee Titans
0 (0%)
Washington Redskins
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Author Topic: 2016 NFL THREAD - Super Bowl 51 - Patriots' Day: V - Screw Goodell  (Read 218468 times)

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: 2016 NFL THREAD - The Carr Drives to the Playoffs
« Reply #2450 on: December 23, 2016, 11:54:53 AM »
A cell phone on the Giants sideline? You would have thought that they would have learned.

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #2451 on: December 23, 2016, 06:53:35 PM »
Nice to see the Eagles still playing hard when they have nothing to play for but pride. It's going to be tough for the Giants to go anywhere in the playoffs without a competent running game. Living in NJ, I hear a lot of comparisons of this years Giants team to Eli's SB teams... I'm just not seeing it. The defense is really solid, but the offense is too one dimensional. You will always have a chance with a good defense, veteran leadership with Manning and a dynamic playmaker like Beckham, though...

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2452 on: December 23, 2016, 08:53:45 PM »
The Giants weapons on offense are overstated. Beckham is one of the top two WRs in football and Shephard is a good young WR, but their TEs are useless, they can't seem to figure out how to utilize their stable of RBs, and Cruz has no burst left. And let's face it, Eli's play has declined.  Their D is going to have go beast mode every week in the playoffs for them to have a chance.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2453 on: December 24, 2016, 10:38:53 AM »

Dak is having a great year...but it's clear that he isn't in Wentz's league. Dude is legit.

:lol Wentz who?  When people talk about Dak, Wentz is nowhere near that conversation.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2454 on: December 24, 2016, 10:48:42 AM »
The Giants weapons on offense are overstated. Beckham is one of the top two WRs in football and Shephard is a good young WR, but their TEs are useless, they can't seem to figure out how to utilize their stable of RBs, and Cruz has no burst left. And let's face it, Eli's play has declined.  Their D is going to have go beast mode every week in the playoffs for them to have a chance.

Yeah it's been a tough watch and this last game was one where all the offense needed to do was back up the D but no dice.

Dak is having a great year...but it's clear that he isn't in Wentz's league. Dude is legit.

:lol Wentz who?  When people talk about Dak, Wentz is nowhere near that conversation.

Really? Dak has definitely looked better due to an amazing O-line and run game but I've heard people say that in the end Wentz will most likely have the better career. Talk is cheap, I know, but there's a general feeling that the Cowboys are 12-2 in spite of Dak, not because of him.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2455 on: December 24, 2016, 11:46:49 AM »
Wentz plays behind an elite O-line. And all I keep hearing is that Zeek is a product of that line, which should apply to Matthews/Sproles, as well. Dak lacks explosiveness but he's got a good head on his shoulders and surprising maturity for a rookie. You also need to factor in value which is a slam-dunk for Dak. Also, Prescott doesn't have the pressure on his shoulders that Wentz does after Phili mortgaged the team to pick him number 2. Five years from now CW might be better, though I'm not so sure, but right now the comparison is ludicrous. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2456 on: December 24, 2016, 12:22:33 PM »
Wentz plays behind an elite O-line. And all I keep hearing is that Zeek is a product of that line, which should apply to Matthews/Sproles, as well. Dak lacks explosiveness but he's got a good head on his shoulders and surprising maturity for a rookie. You also need to factor in value which is a slam-dunk for Dak. Also, Prescott doesn't have the pressure on his shoulders that Wentz does after Phili mortgaged the team to pick him number 2. Five years from now CW might be better, though I'm not so sure, but right now the comparison is ludicrous.

And how many weeks has Wentz had his starting oline?

It's the eyeball test. Look at Wentz pre snap...post snap......he's got elite potential.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #2457 on: December 24, 2016, 02:01:56 PM »
Well, so much for the Jets at least playing the Patriots tough :lol

And what makes it worse is that I might well for the second week in a row lose a FF final because my opponent had the D/ST of the Jets opponent and put up big numbers.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2458 on: December 24, 2016, 02:20:26 PM »
Cleveland gets a win!

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
Re: 2016 NFL THREAD - Chargers suffer a BROWNOUT
« Reply #2459 on: December 24, 2016, 02:23:24 PM »
Congratulations to the Browns.  It's never good for football if any team has a winless season.  I'm happy for em.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #2460 on: December 24, 2016, 04:56:46 PM »
Anyone else see Carr's injury? Not good for the Raiders.
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2461 on: December 24, 2016, 05:46:27 PM »
And now...David Johnson has just done something that hasn't been done since Barry Sander's MVP season. Oh the irony.

Offline FracturedMirror

« Reply #2462 on: December 24, 2016, 05:53:31 PM »

Yeah, really bad; broken leg.  I think the season is completely shot now; finally get to back to the playoffs and now this.  McGloin or Cook...Davis should throw some money at Manning or Favre and see if they would come back for one more go.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2463 on: December 24, 2016, 06:04:25 PM »
Some great games today. Even better if you're an orthopedic surgeon. Miami/Buffalo and SEA/AZ both had great finishes.

Didn't see Carr's injury, but Locket's was pretty gnarly. All the more so because of a really close spot that necessitated lots of replays. Never seen that happen before.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2464 on: December 24, 2016, 06:04:37 PM »
Yikes Seahawks. Tie the Cardinals 6-6 earlier, then lose to them 34-31.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #2465 on: December 24, 2016, 08:27:51 PM »
Wentz plays behind an elite O-line. And all I keep hearing is that Zeek is a product of that line, which should apply to Matthews/Sproles, as well.

You do realize that the Eagles were missing one of their best offensive lineman in Lane Johnson for 10 games right? They had to shuffle guys out of their natural positions to compensate for his loss and because of other injuries, and it got pretty messy. Dallas on the other hand has had their offensive line in tact pretty much the entire season if I'm not mistaken. I haven't come across many people that would argue that the Eagles offensive line is on the same level when healthy/suspension free. Their run game has struggled at times because Mathews is injury prone and continues to prove each year that he cannot handle being a starting back in this league. Sproles is more of a scat back that can only handle so many carries.

Things will get interesting once Wentz has more consistency on the offensive line, better receivers and a better running game like Dak has. I also think he has more potential from what I've seen. I'm not knocking Dak either because I like what I've seen from him as well for the most part.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2466 on: December 24, 2016, 10:39:57 PM »

That was ugly. I might hate the Raiders, but you never root for injuries, and as a fan of the sport, you hate to see a playoff team lose their best player two weeks before they start. 

And now...David Johnson has just done something that hasn't been done since Barry Sander's MVP season. Oh the irony.

If he doesn't win Offensive Player of the Year, it's a serious joke.

Matt Ryan, on the flip side, should have the MVP locked up now.  He should be the runaway winner.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2467 on: December 25, 2016, 07:24:28 AM »
How is this for a sickening thought:

if the Raiders lose next week and the Chiefs win tonight and next week, the Chiefs steal the AFC West and the 2 seed back, the Raiders become a wild card, and the first round would see Matt Savage vs. Matt McGloin.

Excuse me while I go vomit.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2468 on: December 25, 2016, 07:31:01 AM »
Yeah.  I feel really bad for Carr.  That kid came into his own this year and to have it happen on this run, this late in the season is not good for the league. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2469 on: December 25, 2016, 07:48:30 AM »
For sure.

Also, it looks like the Broncos can make the playoffs if they win their last two games, Miami loses to NE next week (and the Patriots will need to win to secure home field), and the Chiefs beat the Chargers next week.  That would put the Broncos into a tie for the 6 seed with Miami, and since they'd both have a 7-5 conference record, the Broncos would win the next tiebreaker (record vs common opponents). 

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #2470 on: December 25, 2016, 08:56:07 AM »
I'm really hoping our boys can pull off a win tonight, Kev... I just heard that Justin Houston will probably not play. The problem is, Denver has a few key players out too (Marshall, Ward, possibly Wolfe). Both offenses have struggled a lot lately and neither fan base seems very confident, but of course KC has a big advantage with the home prime time game. Hopefully it will be a defensive slug fest because with the way Denver's offense has been for the last month, that seems like the only way they would have a chance tonight  :sadpanda:

Offline Shooters1221

« Reply #2471 on: December 25, 2016, 10:36:57 AM »

if the Raiders lose next week and the Chiefs win tonight and next week, the Chiefs steal the AFC West and the 2 seed back, the Raiders become a wild card, and the first round would see Matt Savage vs. Matt McGloin.

Agreed, they're so unknown that nobody remembers they're name.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2472 on: December 25, 2016, 10:40:16 AM »
My hopes are not high, Rattlehead.  Their o-line is so bad right now, but anything can happen.

Also, I was glad to see Seattle lose yesterday, so Atlanta can win next week and get the bye, meaning that blown non-call in the Atl/Sea game didn't influence who got a bye and who didn't.  Granted, if that is called correctly at the time and Bryant hits the FG, the ripple effect would mean Atlanta would be 11-4, already have a bye locked up, and Dallas would then need one more win to clinch, so that non-call could end up benefiting Detroit, who might get a Dallas team not firing on all cylinders tomorrow night (Detroit can clinch a wild card at worst if they win tomorrow).  As it stands now, if the Lions lose tomorrow, GB beats Detroit next week, and Washington wins next week, the Lions would miss the playoffs.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2473 on: December 25, 2016, 10:40:44 AM »

Agreed, they're so unknown that nobody remembers they're name.

LOL, Tom Savage.

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2474 on: December 25, 2016, 10:42:00 AM »

Really? Dak has definitely looked better due to an amazing O-line and run game but I've heard people say that in the end Wentz will most likely have the better career. Talk is cheap, I know, but there's a general feeling that the Cowboys are 12-2 in spite of Dak, not because of him.

:lol That sounds like what a press conference reporter would say.  Since when can anybody predict who will have the better career?  That's a pointless discussion and not worth mentioning.  What is worth mentioning is the fact that Dak is just as much a part of their success as his teammates.  It's a team sport.  If there's a general feeling otherwise, then people haven't been paying attention.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2475 on: December 25, 2016, 11:50:18 AM »

:lol That sounds like what a press conference reporter would say.  Since when can anybody predict who will have the better career?  That's a pointless discussion and not worth mentioning.  What is worth mentioning is the fact that Dak is just as much a part of their success as his teammates.  It's a team sport.  If there's a general feeling otherwise, then people haven't been paying attention.

Watch Wentz with your eyeballs next week. Dude is legit.

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2476 on: December 25, 2016, 04:03:32 PM »
DoC, nobody said he wasn't legit.  You said that Dak was clearly not in Wentz's league and that is just ridiculous.  Maybe you didn't see Dak with your eyeballs last week when he threw 32/36 for nearly 300 yds and a rushing TD.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2477 on: December 25, 2016, 04:15:05 PM »
DoC, nobody said he wasn't legit.  You said that Dak was clearly not in Wentz's league and that is just ridiculous.  Maybe you didn't see Dak with your eyeballs last week when he threw 32/36 for nearly 300 yds and a rushing TD.

I watched....and he has been impressive....but he's on an all star offense....he had better put up those sort of  numbers.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2478 on: December 25, 2016, 04:35:53 PM »
Very pleased with the Ravens effort this far

Online Dream Team

« Reply #2479 on: December 25, 2016, 05:34:23 PM »
Thanks NFL for preventing me from seeing this glorious comeback on live TV.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2480 on: December 25, 2016, 05:36:08 PM »
What an incredible game.....but if the Ravens aren't going to trust Flacco's arm enough to take a shot......we don't deserve to win.....

Online Dream Team

« Reply #2481 on: December 25, 2016, 06:24:00 PM »
What an incredible game.....but if the Ravens aren't going to trust Flacco's arm enough to take a shot......we don't deserve to win.....

Hats off to you DOC, great game between 2 great teams. Ravens are better than their record and will be back next year for sure.

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #2482 on: December 25, 2016, 06:38:15 PM »

It would have been 60 yards (give or take). That's a tough pass for any QB.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 06:43:49 PM by PowerSlave »
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2483 on: December 25, 2016, 06:40:15 PM »

Hats off to you DOC, great game between 2 great teams. Ravens are better than their record and will be back next year for sure.

Yes sir...hell of a game. Bell was a beast...and Brown's determination on that last score......it's clear that if anyone can stop New England from winning the conference.....it's Pittsburgh.

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2484 on: December 25, 2016, 07:31:41 PM »
Don't really care for either team but I would've preferred a Pitt loss.  It really came down to whoever had the ball last with a reasonable amount of time on the clock.  Nevertheless, good football for fans in general.