7 (8.1%)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
1 (1.2%)
Tennessee Titans
0 (0%)
Washington Redskins
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Author Topic: 2016 NFL THREAD - Super Bowl 51 - Patriots' Day: V - Screw Goodell  (Read 218350 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: 2016 NFL THREAD - Free Agency
« Reply #210 on: March 14, 2016, 06:10:19 AM »
What's unreal is how much the NFL cares about players smoking in the offseason, especially considering it's not performance enhancing. Obviously rules are rules, but some rules are fucking stupid and need to be updated with the times.

For the most part, it is still illegal so I guess that is why, not because of the performance part.  Regardless, I agree with the basis of it still being stupid.  Probably the best way for the players to deal with the pain IMO.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #211 on: March 14, 2016, 06:47:42 AM »
Exactly. You guys still have as your QB, Mr. King of the 3-Yard Pass, kaos2900.  A Chief fan laughing at a Broncos fan for anything is seriously hilarious.

As for Sanchez, LOL indeed, but it's obviously to be a backup.   They'll still be starting someone else.

All in good fun. Out of all of the AFC West rivals I respect the Bronco's the most. Though I'm surprised it looks like they're going to pass on Fitzpatrick.

What's unreal is how much the NFL cares about players smoking in the offseason, especially considering it's not performance enhancing. Obviously rules are rules, but some rules are fucking stupid and need to be updated with the times.

For the most part, it is still illegal so I guess that is why, not because of the performance part.  Regardless, I agree with the basis of it still being stupid.  Probably the best way for the players to deal with the pain IMO.

This. If my job told me I'd get fired for smoking pot on the weekends and I knew I was going to get tested there is no way in hell I'd be smoking. Regardless of how dumb that rule may be, it's still a rule and it's still my responsibility as their employee to follow it.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #212 on: March 14, 2016, 10:24:15 AM »
I pray we don't sign Kaepernick.

I like Chad's take:

Honestly, I'm not all that scared of Kap.  I believe he's still got the talent... it's a question of whether it can be resurrected and moulded.

A lot of people, including 49er fans, tend to forget the talent aspect.  Not sure what got into his head, but if you go back and look at footage of some of the passes the kid was throwing in their Super Bowl season and the decisions he was making on field, including in the Super Bowl itself, he clearly has the talent.  What happened the following two seasons is a bit of a mystery.  And coupled with the way Harbaugh coached him to respond to the media, it really made him unsympathetic.  But in a new environment, if he can loosen up and be himself, on and off the field, I wouldn't be surprised if you end up liking him a lot more than you do now once you get to know him (assuming he ends up in Denver).
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #213 on: March 14, 2016, 12:09:17 PM »
Oh hell yeah! Hopefully he's got some left in the tank!

https://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14970975/eric-weddle-join-baltimore-ravens

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #214 on: March 14, 2016, 12:17:37 PM »
I pray we don't sign Kaepernick.

I like Chad's take:

Honestly, I'm not all that scared of Kap.  I believe he's still got the talent... it's a question of whether it can be resurrected and moulded.

A lot of people, including 49er fans, tend to forget the talent aspect.  Not sure what got into his head, but if you go back and look at footage of some of the passes the kid was throwing in their Super Bowl season and the decisions he was making on field, including in the Super Bowl itself, he clearly has the talent.  What happened the following two seasons is a bit of a mystery.  And coupled with the way Harbaugh coached him to respond to the media, it really made him unsympathetic.  But in a new environment, if he can loosen up and be himself, on and off the field, I wouldn't be surprised if you end up liking him a lot more than you do now once you get to know him (assuming he ends up in Denver).
I think people also just look at Kap by himself (and he was really bad, no doubt), and forget just how terrible a coaching staff he was playing under. Tomsula and his staff will go down as one of the worst ever, and Kap is a guy who needs coaches who understand how to maximize his strengths and minimize his weaknesses. Harbaugh and Roman were very good at that for a while. Look at Greg Roman's success with Tyrod Taylor. Tomsula/Chryst/Logan, on the other hand, will have difficulty finding jobs again.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #216 on: March 14, 2016, 02:40:22 PM »
Talk about throwing away a once in a lifetime career.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #217 on: March 14, 2016, 03:03:31 PM »
Is it confirmed he was doing marijuana?  That article didn't say.

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #218 on: March 14, 2016, 03:05:21 PM »
That's a shame. I'm not a Steelers fan obviously, but I really liked watching Martavis play (aside from when he tore us up in Denver in the playoffs  :lol).

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #219 on: March 14, 2016, 03:22:31 PM »

The suspension is confirmed.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #220 on: March 14, 2016, 03:35:17 PM »

The suspension is confirmed.

Yes that is, but I mean what substance did he use?  It seems its confirmed it wasn't performance enhancing and people say marijuana so just wondering if that is in fact the case.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #221 on: March 14, 2016, 07:31:49 PM »
And it's official. What an idiot!

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/3/12/11211882/martavis-bryant-suspended-substance-abuse-steelers-nfl

Grrrrrr.  :facepalm: :facepalm: We'll never have this great offense all on the field at the same time. Drives me out of my mind. Ben must be PISSED.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #222 on: March 14, 2016, 07:51:04 PM »
I read that he missed a drug test, which, in the eyes of the NFL, is the same as failing one.  Stupid. 

bosk1, Kaepernick definitely has talent, but I am not sure even coaching can turn around the slide he has been on since that really good first year he had.  Heck, his good play during that SB season was before defenses had a book on him, and once they got it, he went down hill.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #223 on: March 15, 2016, 05:46:19 AM »
(Rotoworld) Martavis Bryant's indefinite suspension is the result of failing six drug tests. Analysis: In other words, the NFL makes you work really hard to earn a year-long ban. Two of Bryant's "fails" were no-shows, which is treated as a straight fail for obvious reasons. Bryant has checked into rehab, while his agent says he's battling depression. In a Monday statement, Steelers GM Kevin Colbert hinted the team plans to hold onto Bryant through his suspension.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #224 on: March 15, 2016, 10:08:53 AM »
Apparently the NFL has rescinded Mike Munchak's fine for this little display of sportsmanship:

:facepalm:

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #225 on: March 15, 2016, 10:16:44 AM »
I believe the hair is considered part of the uniform in the NFL and therefore is allowed to be grabbed  :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #226 on: March 15, 2016, 10:51:25 AM »
I believe the hair is considered part of the uniform in the NFL and therefore is allowed to be grabbed  :lol

That goes for the arm as well I guess. :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #227 on: March 15, 2016, 01:20:59 PM »

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #228 on: March 15, 2016, 03:25:08 PM »
Holy Crap!

Well, there's been talk about Jones' future in N.E. of late.

https://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14980555/chandler-jones-traded-new-england-patriots-arizona-cardinals-jonathan-cooper-draft-pick
Sorry to see him go, but it actually makes sense. They probably wouldn't have been able to resign him next year, and by moving him early they get much better value. They have some depth there and desperately need OL help. And of course if they do sign Chris Long it becomes far more palatable.

Honestly, I've learned just to not worry about these things. Bill knows what he's doing.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #229 on: March 15, 2016, 04:13:39 PM »
I totally agree. Besides they need to sign Hightower, Collins & Butler who really all more important to the team that. Jones.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #230 on: March 15, 2016, 05:55:07 PM »
Apparently the NFL has rescinded Mike Munchak's fine for this little display of sportsmanship:

*snip*

:facepalm:

As if we didn't know already that the NFL absolutely loves the Steelers. :lol :lol

Anyway, I see the Broncos matched the offer for CJ Anderson. I'm good with that.  He is a really good RB when he is on the field, and while RBs are a dime a dozen nowadays, they didn't have to pay him a lot, and we have seen what he can do in Kubiak's system when healthy.  :tup :tup

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #231 on: March 16, 2016, 11:47:27 AM »
Absolutely thrilled that the Ravens signed Mike Wallace! Now they need to address that O-Line.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #232 on: March 16, 2016, 04:51:55 PM »
I told a friend at work yesterday that Wallace was a great signing by the Ravens.  His biggest asset is going deep, and neither Miami nor Minnesota had the QB to take advantage of that, but the Ravens do in Flacco.  He should easily be as productive as Torrey Smith was with that team.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #233 on: March 16, 2016, 05:04:12 PM »
Plus Joe is a very accurate deep ball passer.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #234 on: March 16, 2016, 05:51:28 PM »
I told a friend at work yesterday that Wallace was a great signing by the Ravens.  His biggest asset is going deep, and neither Miami nor Minnesota had the QB to take advantage of that, but the Ravens do in Flacco.  He should easily be as productive as Torrey Smith was with that team.

Yeah... that's a great call.  This could be his year finally.  Bridgewater and Tannehill could not have been a worse fit for Wallace.  Well, maybe Peyton this year. 
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #235 on: March 16, 2016, 06:49:59 PM »
This all assumes Wallace can still play, which is not a given. He's always been a knucklehead, so we'll see if he can actually produce again with a decent quarterback.

In other news, the Patriots have acquired Martellus Bennett from Chicago.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #236 on: March 16, 2016, 06:55:20 PM »
This all assumes Wallace can still play, which is not a given. He's always been a knucklehead, so we'll see if he can actually produce again with a decent quarterback.

In other news, the Patriots have acquired Martellus Bennett from Chicago.

Wow... that'll be a killer 1-2 punch at TE.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #237 on: March 16, 2016, 06:58:53 PM »
Both of them are great blockers and receivers, so it's going to be a nightmare figuring out what they're doing if they're both on the field.

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #238 on: March 16, 2016, 07:53:22 PM »
I really don't know how to feel about Osweiler being a Texan. Part of me wants a $100 buck bag of what Rick Smith and McNair are smoking. From what I've read from youse guys, he didn't seem to be worth the money Houston paid for him and he also seems to be a whiny-ass bitch for crying about riding the pines. I mean, we'll see how it goes but I'm just really meh about the whole thing. That, and to be completely honest... I think Kaep would have been the better choice.

I figured Peyton would go out on an awesome note. Good for him, he's always been a class act.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #239 on: March 16, 2016, 08:11:15 PM »
So the Pats now have a new tight end duo .

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #240 on: March 16, 2016, 10:11:19 PM »
Giggity? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #241 on: March 17, 2016, 04:43:30 AM »

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #242 on: March 17, 2016, 06:43:48 AM »

Yeah, he should be the #1 DPI QB again with this signing. Pretty famous for that when Smith was good.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #243 on: March 17, 2016, 07:18:53 AM »

Yeah, he should be the #1 DPI QB again with this signing. Pretty famous for that when Smith was good.

GOOD

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #244 on: March 17, 2016, 07:26:09 AM »
So the Pats now have a new tight end duo .

Hopefully this one doesn't start murdering people   :xbones
Photobucket sucks.