Author Topic: Evermind's Second Roulette v. The Aftermath  (Read 124738 times)

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
I can't be the only one who has been staring at these pictures from time to time like a moron trying to figure out the names, and people sitting next to me questioning it.  :lol

Still got nothing that hasn't already been mentioned.
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
I left anything that wasn't called directly in the thread blurred... which is not much. You guys are really too good at guessing.

Tidbits tomorrow!
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
#9 is The Dear Hunter with that title
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
The National - Slow Show? I got this one in my roulette I think, so I'm pretty sure about that one.

The last one is Love to Love (live) but I don't know the artist. Not using spotify this time to make it a bit more interesting.
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

The last one is Love to Love (live) but I don't know the artist. 

It's UFO and I'm NOT happy about it! ;D
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Teramaze is An Ordinary Dream (Enla Momento).  I just didn't explicitly call it out earlier.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
The song by Beyond Twilight too is Shadowland.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
The song by Consortium Project is Enemy Within.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
The song by Consortium Project is Enemy Within.

I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
The song by The Dear Hunter has 70 characters in its title

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
It's 'The Bitter Suite IV and V: The Congregation and the Sermon in the Silk'. Weren't TDH banned?
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
Nope. Evermind even said in a PM during the prelims that he expected me to send them at some point. The only song he has heard before is King of Swords, I recall him saying he wasnt impressed.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
Hmm, I could have sent them. I probably deliberately chose not to though, we'll see if it was a good or bad idea. Interesting choice for a song by them. I'm not saying it's a bad track at all, but I would have sent something else I think.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
Yeah I had a very hard time picking a song, I was actually saving TDH for the "2 songs by 1 band" round. I think just before I sent it I narrowed it down to 5 songs. This one, The Poison Woman, He Said He Had a Story, The Lake and the River and Mustard Gas (yeah, I love act III  :P)

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
What the ... :lol those are weird choices as well! :biggrin:
Squ

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
What song would've been your choice then?

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Not to send The Dear Hunter.   :lol  Fun music, but it would never cross my mind to send in this roulette

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Not to send The Dear Hunter.   :lol   
:lol

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
:emo:

For the artist pick, maybe those are weird choices, but for this roulette I think they're very viable (apart from maybe Mustard Gas)

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop

Not to send The Dear Hunter.   :lol  Fun music, but it would never cross my mind to send in this roulette

Indeed. Probably why I didn't. Bit if I had sent them I would have gone with Red Hands, or maybe A Night on the Town.
Squ

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Indeed. Probably why I didn't. Bit if I had sent them I would have gone with Red Hands, or maybe A Night on the Town.

Watch ... Tha'tll be the near perfect score, ToN will be laughing all the way to the final!

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni

Not to send The Dear Hunter.   :lol   
:lol

:rollin

Well, I don't mind an occasional oddball or two, you just have to pick the right song. Susanne Sundfor did well in my first roulette, as did Dog Fashion Disco and probably a few other bands too. In case with The Dear Hunter though, I've heard King of Swords (Reversed) on Nick's radio show and I was not impressed.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Evermind's Second Roulette v. And your confidence is fading (Tidbits)
« Reply #1037 on: March 23, 2016, 12:22:14 PM »
Anyway, I've got the tidbits. You can expect a lot of great scores this time around, this round was fantastic.

I can’t help but mention that this guy – from the very first note – sounds like Jorn. And just for the DTF Smartass Club – this tidbit isn’t about Beyond Twilight.

There are some songs where the spoken parts are my favourite parts of the whole composition – Song of Myself (partly) and When The Walls Go Down are good examples – and this one is on the verge of joining them.

You really should’ve sent this song earlier, could’ve gained you more of those points everyone seem to be so crazy about.

This is just infectious to the point of ridiculousness. I’ve spent all these days starting from Monday humming the whole song quietly to myself. And what’s even better, the melodies are not infectious in annoying way, not at all – it’s rather they’re infectious in a “hell yeah” way.

Wow, without a doubt, this is by far the most intense song of the round.

This is a great call. I don’t know how to put it without huge spoilers, but you could see how partial I am to this music in my first roulette, and from my banned list too I guess – and your song isn’t an exception.

Results tomorrow most likely. There is a small chance I'll have to push them back to Friday, but I think I'll manage to get them up tomorrow.

Online Tomislav95

« Reply #1038 on: March 23, 2016, 12:55:18 PM »
More of those could apply to my song and I hope one of positive reactions is really reaction to it. I want my precious points... Gollum...
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #1039 on: March 23, 2016, 12:56:00 PM »
Be calm, the doctor's in, I got the cure, because I know where you've been  :metal

I've no idea if one of these is mine, but #3 and #4 are definitely possible even though the third could probably not have been more of a general statement.

I'm sad not to be a part of the DTF smartass club as I have no idea who Beyond Twilight are.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1040 on: March 23, 2016, 12:57:20 PM »
All good comments!  I hope mine is in there somewhere.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1041 on: March 23, 2016, 12:58:40 PM »
All good comments!  I hope mine is in there somewhere.

Me too!

Mine that is..  :lol

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1042 on: March 23, 2016, 01:00:44 PM »
I'm sad not to be a part of the DTF smartass club as I have no idea who Beyond Twilight are.

Well, Jorn sings on that Beyond Twilight song I've got. :lol

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1043 on: March 23, 2016, 01:30:54 PM »

Good thing you put that disclaimer in there, because I would've carved you up for it.  Surprisingly, I wasn't a huge fan of either of the 1st two Beyond Twilight albums - which shocked me given my love of both Jorn and Kelly Carpenter.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1044 on: March 23, 2016, 01:33:11 PM »

Good thing you put that disclaimer in there, because I would've carved you up for it.

Welcome to the club then!

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1045 on: March 23, 2016, 01:34:15 PM »

Good thing you put that disclaimer in there, because I would've carved you up for it.

Welcome to the club then!

When do the hookers show up?

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1046 on: March 23, 2016, 10:58:53 PM »
I can't come up with any smart-ass answer to this one so I guess I don't belong in the club myself. :lol

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1047 on: March 24, 2016, 05:07:31 AM »
Just an off note regarding Jorn and Beyond Twlilight, the song Crying is my fav all time Jorn performance.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #1048 on: March 24, 2016, 05:28:13 AM »
Just stumbled upon something great for round 4  :facepalm: if only I was just 2 weeks earlier with this find..

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #1049 on: March 24, 2016, 06:40:31 AM »
So, is this shit gonna happen today or what? :corn