Author Topic: Evermind's Second Roulette v. The Aftermath  (Read 125015 times)

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
Re: Evermind's Second Roulette v. Trapping warmth everywhere (Blurred picture #2)
« Reply #595 on: February 29, 2016, 02:50:59 PM »
Sixth one is 'Painted Skies' by Midnight & Jon Oliva
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
Re: Evermind's Second Roulette v. Trapping warmth everywhere (Blurred picture #2)
« Reply #596 on: February 29, 2016, 02:55:27 PM »
The fifth is the only one I still haven't figured out, could make another playlist once I know that one but I don't know if I'm ready for a round full of ballads.
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #597 on: February 29, 2016, 03:01:33 PM »
Lee Abraham - Distant Days
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #598 on: February 29, 2016, 03:39:05 PM »
Expected Slipknot after the first pic, didn't expect Snuff (though length of word could've given me an indication now that I think of it).

In can confirm Agnes Obel, the last one.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #599 on: February 29, 2016, 08:44:30 PM »
Sixth one is 'Painted Skies' by Midnight & Jon Oliva

Ah ha, forgot to look for Brents song, but this is it.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
The fifth is the only one I still haven't figured out, could make another playlist once I know that one but I don't know if I'm ready for a round full of ballads.

You should. This round is excellent barring a few songs. Besides, the variety in the songs is great, and there are some occasional heavy / fast-paced moments too.

In fact, right now I'm not even sure which round I like more. It has weaker low points, yes, but the best songs are fantastic.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
Expected Slipknot after the first pic, didn't expect Snuff (though length of word could've given me an indication now that I think of it).
I did consider one of the dark/atmospheric tracks for various roulettes, but not this one. I actually thought Snuff would be one of the most predictable Slipknot songs for a ballad round, maybe Vermilion Pt. 2 (which I considered) but I didn't feel comfortable sending an acoustic song for some reason.

You should. This round is excellent barring a few songs. Besides, the variety in the songs is great, and there are some occasional heavy / fast-paced moments too.

In fact, right now I'm not even sure which round I like more. It has weaker low points, yes, but the best songs are fantastic.

I'll probably give in to curiosity and do it anyway, this round's a bitch regarding Spotify though, nearly half of it is not available on Spotify and I think one of them wasn't even on youtube. :emo:

people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
Not sure if mine is on Youtube or not (I know it isn't on Spotify), but it can be found on Bandcamp.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
The version I sent of mine isn't on Spotify.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Mine is on Spotify!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I'd assume mine would be available everywhere.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
And you'd be wrong.  There's actually quite a limited amount of W.A.S.P. on Spotify.  That's why I had to make a deaf purchase - but totally worth it.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I can't tell what WASP tune it is.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

I thought it would be pretty obvious.

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
I think I know which one is yours then, glad it's on youtube at least. The Mechanical Poet one is the song I couldn't find on spotify nor youtube.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

Animal (Fuck Like A Beast) ?
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

I got it. The Idol.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Animal (Fuck Like A Beast) ?

Damn. I was holding that back for The Love Song Round.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
I think I know which one is yours then, glad it's on youtube at least. The Mechanical Poet one is the song I couldn't find on spotify nor youtube.

You won't, it's not anywhere. I had to send him the track.

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
I wish everyone sent me the tracks. It's way more convenient to me. I've got 8 actual files this time around and only 4 YouTube links, which makes me happy. I don't count the spins - I spin all your songs a lot (I'd say ~10 spins average) - but the songs sent to me as the actual files may actually receive one or two more listens overall.

Tidbits later this evening.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I used this to compile the youtube links that were sent to me in The TAC Roulette:
https://www.youtube-mp3.org/

- but the songs sent to me as the actual files may actually receive one or two more listens overall.

Hmm...I'm one of the Youtube guys.

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
I'm ont of the Youtube guys aswell, I guess I could send you mp3 files from here on through the MEGA.nz thing, but honestly, getting one or two listens - for better or worse - probably doesn't change much at the amount of 10 listens.

Since it's basically no effort I'll go with mp3 anyways from here on.

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
I used this to compile the youtube links that were sent to me in The TAC Roulette:
https://www.youtube-mp3.org/

- but the songs sent to me as the actual files may actually receive one or two more listens overall.

Hmm...I'm one of the Youtube guys.

Your YouTube link didn't work for the second time in a row, I guess it has something to do with my country or I dunno. :lol I've found your song on some site I know though.

Since it's basically no effort I'll go with mp3 anyways from here on.

Yep, please do that if you can. As I said, it'll be much move convenient for me.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Is your email in the OP? do you want to PM it to me if not.

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Is your email in the OP? do you want to PM it to me if not.

No, it's not in the OP. Sent you a PM with my e-mail address.

If anyone needs my e-mail address for sending the files, don't hesitate to ask, I'll forward it to you.

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
Yes me please!

Offline Tomislav95

Is it ok if I upload song to OneDrive and just send link to it?
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
I think so. Someone of the participants is doing just that.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I think so. Someone of the participants is doing just that.

He means me.

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Here we go, first goes the pic with all the songs and then the tidbits.

This feels like some David Gilmour’s supposed-to-be B-side, which didn’t make the album because it wasn’t quite a bit up to par with the rest of material.

Musically, this is quite good indeed. But… why does the singer sometimes sound like he’s throwing up?

This is so eerie and haunting, somber and dark, yet soulful at the same time. Didn’t expect this at all.

This tune features a very Blind Guardian-esque view on ballads, if I may say so. It’s got this epic power metal feel underneath, especially the ending.

That’s like recent Avantasia’s Lucifer. In both cases I wonder, did the guys suddenly forget — somewhere in the middle of the song — that they were kind of intending to play a ballad?

I still can’t decide if this song is fabulous or brilliant. It’s probably both. This is what everyone should’ve stuck with if they wanted the highest scores in the round. Of course, that would've made this round dull, but, well... in fact, there is one other song like this one, and guess what, you’re the winner and that one is the runner-up of the round.

Results either tomorrow (Wednesday) or Thursday (more likely). I won't rush it, but if I have time tomorrow, I'll do them tomorrow. No promises.

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
Gotta hope mine is this one:

This is so eerie and haunting, somber and dark, yet soulful at the same time. Didn’t expect this at all.

If not I don't think any of these is mine, we'll see!

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
the throwing up one is obv slipknot  :lol

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
That would rock my world because I could at no point in the song "Snuff" point out something that resembles throwing up  :lol

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
That one can't be Slipknot. It's the vocalist who sounds like he's throwing up, not me. :neverusethis:

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Slipknot or The Smiths

I still can’t decide if this song is fabulous or brilliant. It’s probably both. This is what everyone should’ve stuck with if they wanted the highest scores in the round. Of course, that would've made this round dull, but, well... in fact, there is one other song like this one, and guess what, you’re the winner and that one is the runner-up of the round.

Mechanical Poet or Sylvan

That’s like recent Avantasia’s Lucifer. In both cases I wonder, did the guys suddenly forget — somewhere in the middle of the song — that they were kind of intending to play a ballad?

My song! :lol
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 01:52:13 PM by TAC »