Author Topic: Evermind's Second Roulette v. The Aftermath  (Read 123026 times)

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
Re: Evermind's Second Roulette v. Unveiling my violent complexity (Results)
« Reply #385 on: February 19, 2016, 07:31:42 PM »
I feel like there were a few after Haken, but I can't think of 'em right now, so maybe you're right.

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #386 on: February 19, 2016, 10:04:24 PM »
There's no real deadline for entries, just be reasonable about it. The faster I have them all, the better. I will be away at Monday and Tuesday, so there's that too.

I also think I've got more than half of the entries already. I'll read and answer your PM questions when I get back from work.

The Chronicles Project, yeah, I'm surprised too. All signs indicated it should've been right up my alley and somehow it wasn't.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #387 on: February 19, 2016, 10:17:24 PM »
sent round 1

FYI, I am out of town starting tomorrow through Thursday of next week.  So I may be a little late sending round 2 if this round happens to be a quick one.
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Online Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #388 on: February 19, 2016, 10:20:11 PM »
I'mgoing to roll with my song.  I think it's potentially cock blocking someone down the road, or at least it should be if the competition is up to snuff.

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #389 on: February 20, 2016, 01:50:42 AM »
Native Construct are amazing, they're pretty much the only interesting prog metal band in like...

uh

Well, a pretty fuckin' long time, I guess.
I agree (aboutthe amazing part, I still find a lot of prog metal bands interesting) but this IS an Evermind roulette, so yeah, I really didnt go in expecting much.
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #390 on: February 20, 2016, 02:19:59 AM »
Yeah, well, I'm glad you guys like them, but they're definitely not for me.

Meanwhile, it seems I've got everyone in except ErHaO, and he said he'll send his song this morning, so hopefully I will be able to start listening today. Great sending pace so far.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #391 on: February 20, 2016, 04:52:43 AM »
    • bl5150
    • lonestar
    • senecadawg2
    • Dr. DTVT
    • wolfking
    • ErHaO
    • jingle.boy
    • TAC
    • Tomislav95
    • Train of Naught
    • Bolsters
    • Big Hath

I just gotta say, this is could be the toughest group of participants I've ever been up against in a Roulette.  For my tastes in music, this is pretty much THE all-star lineup to go up against.  Whoever wins this thing is gonna earn the fuck out of their victory.  Hell, I'll be pleased if I make it past the cut line to the final two rounds.
    That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
    I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
    Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
    Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #392 on: February 20, 2016, 05:23:54 AM »
      • bl5150
      • lonestar
      • senecadawg2
      • Dr. DTVT
      • wolfking
      • ErHaO
      • jingle.boy
      • TAC
      • Tomislav95
      • Train of Naught
      • Bolsters
      • Big Hath

I just gotta say, this is could be the toughest group of participants I've ever been up against in a Roulette.  For my tastes in music, this is pretty much THE all-star lineup to go up against.  Whoever wins this thing is gonna earn the fuck out of their victory.  Hell, I'll be pleased if I make it past the cut line to the final two rounds.
      And it's my pleasure, as roulette newbie, to play with all of you :)[/list]
      ...the years just pass like trains
      I wave but they don't slow down...

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
      « Reply #393 on: February 20, 2016, 05:51:04 AM »
      Same here.. I realize this will be one of the toughest roulettes I've been in, so no fucking around here.
      people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
      • Arthritic Metal Horns
      « Reply #394 on: February 20, 2016, 10:25:33 AM »
        • bl5150
        • lonestar
        • senecadawg2
        • Dr. DTVT
        • wolfking
        • ErHaO
        • jingle.boy
        • TAC
        • Tomislav95
        • Train of Naught
        • Bolsters
        • Big Hath

Ditto![/list]
        would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
        Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
        TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
        • DTF.org Alumni
        • also, a tin teardrop
        « Reply #395 on: February 20, 2016, 10:50:34 AM »
        don't mind this post :|
        Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
        Squ
        scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
        « Reply #396 on: February 20, 2016, 11:07:17 AM »
        Okay, so I'm finishing my another listen to the new Avantasia and then I'm starting listening to this round songs. Casper, still waiting for your song.

I'm looking at the list of participants and I'm looking at the list of the songs... this round is going to be really good.

Online Dr. DTVT

• DTF.org Alumni
        « Reply #397 on: February 20, 2016, 11:23:27 AM »
        don't mind this post :|

Fuck you I MIND IT!

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #398 on: February 20, 2016, 04:01:04 PM »
        Sorry! I will send it soon, I planned to send it way earlier, but am having some technal issues with the PC I stored the songs on  :-\ Turns out the machine doesn't like windows 10 all that much (or at least the primary settings). Otherwise I will search for a yt link now.

Edit: aaaand, sent!

« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 04:29:03 PM by ErHaO »

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
        « Reply #399 on: February 21, 2016, 03:15:23 AM »
          • bl5150
          • lonestar
          • senecadawg2
          • Dr. DTVT
          • wolfking
          • ErHaO
          • jingle.boy
          • TAC
          • Tomislav95
          • Train of Naught
          • Bolsters
          • Big Hath

Nicely said, and I agree.[/list]
          Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
          « Reply #400 on: February 21, 2016, 08:00:45 AM »
          I'm two listens in, and I've got to say, I knew what I was doing with invites and these qualifiers. This round is mindblowingly full of win. Fantastic songs all around, gotta be one of the best rounds I've ever hosted. You guys blew it out of the park.

As I said, I'll be away for the next two days. I will be able to keep listening to your songs in the evenings, but I probably won't be commenting here much. This round may take a bit longer than usual, but I'd say expect tidbits on Tuesday or Wednesday and results on Thursday or Friday.

I'm going to do this so you won't sit here without any updates for three days though. Here's the songs that have been sent... some parts are blurred of course just so it's not a complete giveaway. Some of you might find your song though, and maybe recognize a few others too. The format is "Artist - Song's name", if it helps.

I don't know if there's any way to, uh, unblur this image in any graphic redactor, but if there is, don't use it. :lol
          « Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 08:09:03 AM by Evermind »

Offline Luoto

• Wandering midget
          « Reply #401 on: February 21, 2016, 08:05:32 AM »
          Ever *****r  by ** *** ******* (:lol) is a great song, kudos to whoever sent it!
          Always too soon, always too late, always in between.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
          I recognize mine, the second one (invariably sent by Kade), and the last one - probably sent by Seneca.
          I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
          Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
          • Arthritic Metal Horns
          I recognize mine, the second one (invariably sent by Kade), and the last one - probably sent by Seneca.
          I recognize mine. That's all! :lol
          would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
          Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
          TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online Dr. DTVT

• DTF.org Alumni
          Mine is the one the top of the list.  Either I'm winning the round so far, or it could be that I was just the first to send.

Probably both though  :biggrin:

Too bad all the band names were obliterated and we can't piece the mystery together sooner.

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
          « Reply #405 on: February 21, 2016, 09:31:51 AM »
          Great idea Evermind! I like it, thoughI can't really figure any of them out.  :lol
          Ever *****r  by ** *** ******* (:lol) is a great song, kudos to whoever sent it!

That would be mine, thanks  :tup hope he'll like it too.

Online Dr. DTVT

• DTF.org Alumni
          I think it's more fun if we know what other people sent, and then we can stew and second guess ourselves

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
          • Official DTF Tour Guide
          • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
          I think it's more fun if we know what other people sent, and then we can stew and second guess ourselves

Fucking brilliant idea.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
          • DTF.org Member
          • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
          oh man, finally more song lyrics that were actually googleable  :P

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
          I've got two more pics with less blur and even less blur (and you can see bits of the band names on both), I've got them loaded on my phone and I plan to post them when I'm away to keep the discussion in this thread alive. :biggrin:

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
          Neat.

Plan on checking out some of my enemies' songs aswell moreso than normally because this is surely going to be one quality-stuffed roulette.

Offline Tomislav95

Neat.

Plan on checking out some of my enemies' songs aswell moreso than normally because this is surely going to be one quality-stuffed roulette.
          So we're all enemies now. Nice. :lol
          ...the years just pass like trains
          I wave but they don't slow down...

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
          Neat.

It's like Sacul was prophetic sending that Marketa Irglova song.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
          • DTF.org Alumni
          • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
           :hat

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
          Neat.

Well yeah, everywhere else we could remain friends, but in here, all hell will break loose  :metal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aGsdoBDiXw

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
          Well I agree. I'm having another listen and I have no idea how I will rate the songs. Thankfully I didn't implement the ranking system with the best song getting 12, next one getting 11 and all down to 1. So many great songs in this batch. I know there will be at least one 9.5. This is one hell of a competition.

I'll have plenty of time to listen in the upcoming two days, so for now I guess I'll go continue playing Witcher 3 instead. Another stellar thing I've bought due to one of our participants fawning all over it. I'm getting so DTF-dependable. :lol

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
          • DTF.org Member
          • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
          i can't wait for 2019, when people start uploading their brains to websites

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
          I'll have plenty of time to listen in the upcoming two days, so for now I guess I'll go continue playing Witcher 3 instead. Another stellar thing I've bought due to one of our participants fawning all over it. I'm getting so DTF-dependable. :lol

I think I'm about 1/2 thru now.  The only thing that is annoying is the length and required interaction in the cut-scenes.  I "played" for about 2 hours yesterday, and really didn't do my playing.   :lol

I'm gonna have to go for 4 days without it after today.  Unpleasant stuff happening tomorrow morning, then maybe Nightwish in the evening, then traveling for work - first time in 3 months!  Not home until Thursday night.
          « Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 12:34:16 PM by jingle.boy »

Offline ErHaO

Looking forward to listening to other contributions as well. But it seems this roulette won't allow for the slips like I had last time, and I fully expect a rapidly tightening banned list. It will be challenging indeed.

I rarely check this forum outside of the music subforums, but oh man, that is one epic game indeed! (finished it recently). The expansion, Hearts of Stone, is ace as well. Bought that one initially as the stores here sold a version that had a physical gwent card deck, which I probably will never use but I just really like playing cards, heh.

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
          I royally fucked up in my first gwent game. :lol

I've picked the English sound and English subtitles - I watched the intro both with original voice-over and Russian translation, and they screwed up alright: when the guy says "Nigh is the Time of the Sword and Axe" they translated it as if he said "Night is the time...", so I instantly decided on English language for the whole game. And, well, apparently I didn't read the gwent game description thoroughly enough, because I used all my cards in the first round and won, and then the second round started and I was sitting there with no cards. :facepalm:
          « Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 01:38:20 AM by Evermind »