Author Topic: Evermind's Second Roulette v. The Aftermath  (Read 124485 times)

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
Not surprising that I'm the one eliminated, like you said I really struggled for the majority of this roulette to consistently send stuff that was great instead of just good. Thanks for having me though and good luck to all those still in it. Except for RJ :tup

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
 :yeahright

Anyhoo, sent...

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Round 7 sent.

Check your PM inbox.

What is it with people sending me the exact same songs they used in my first roulette?  :D
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Round 7 sent.

Check your PM inbox.

What is it with people sending me the exact same songs they used in my first roulette?  :D

They were just that good!
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
Day Six!? Really? How?

They're this obscure Dutch band and they rarely gig. I've seen them live once or twice, how did you know about them?
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
Day Six!? Really? How?

They're this obscure Dutch band and they rarely gig. I've seen them live once or twice, how did you know about them?

I probably received them as a promo for Lady Obscure, or found them on one of my Bandcamp fishing trips where I spend hours randomly checking out new stuff, found lots of good stuff that way.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Round 7 sent.

Check your PM inbox.

I'm too lazy to check but I think this particular song got something like 5.5 back then. :lol I remember I didn't like it at all.

Anyway, I need Nelson's entry and Kade has to resend and then we're good to go. I think I'll start the listening tomorrow anyway, already got eight songs on my plate. Some very interesting entries this time.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Round 7 sent.

Check your PM inbox.

I'm too lazy to check but I think this particular song got something like 5.5 back then. :lol I remember I didn't like it at all.

God man - just accept it   :biggrin:
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
he's going to LOVE it this time
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Yeah, no problem here either! ;D
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
No, just got in from the weekend now, gonna send another band.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Alright sent and trying again.  Sorry for holding things up.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Point deducted Mr King - time wasting

"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
That wasn't nice being represented by Australia's biggest tosser Kyrgios - sorry  :lol

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Alright sent and trying again.  Sorry for holding things up.

Well, Nelson still has to send, so now it's not you who is holding the things up.

I'm listening to what I've got already. I wanted to start listening as soon as it was possible since this round may take a bit longer than usual - I've got two songs over 10 minutes, and I also have this Avantasia show I'm attending at Wednesday, so April 6th will be a non-roulette day for me. Hopefully I'll get the last entry today.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
That wasn't nice being represented by Australia's biggest tosser Kyrgios - sorry  :lol

You're lucky I pretty much don't take offence to anything.  :lol  That guy is a fucking wanka though.  At least I'm not the last to send.  ;D

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Evermind's Second Roulette v. It's stranger than you think (Listening)
« Reply #1277 on: April 03, 2016, 10:07:53 AM »
Huh, very curious selection this time around. Some players apparently decided to follow Chad's "win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat" motto, and some players decided to take some risks. Still waiting for Nelson, blurred pic will come up when I get these last two tracks.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1278 on: April 03, 2016, 10:17:23 AM »
Huh, very curious selection this time around. Some players apparently decided to follow Chad's "win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat" motto

I'm proud of you, boys.

Predictions:
Conception
Core bands from Aryeon and/or Avantasia vocalists.
I have a guess at Kade's submission, but don't want to say - because I'm hoping to sneak it in on someone else's upcoming roulette
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1279 on: April 03, 2016, 09:04:08 PM »
I for some reason went with an album I have never spoken about on here and I think I may have made a wrong move.  It's an album that even has slipped under my radar to be honest.  Obviously struggling and just went for it as I have a feeling Ruslan may dig it.  Listening to it again last night, it's a pretty strong album IMO.  I'm pretty sure the bands been mentioned quite a bit, but don't recall much talk on this album. 

Hint:  It's a band that has only had two albums and I sent two songs from their sophomore release.  I don't even know their first album but will check it out now.

And I thought about cheating but decided against it.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1280 on: April 03, 2016, 09:09:27 PM »
No idea on that one Kade.  Might have after the pic though.

I can't see much about mine that is a cheat either , so we're the risk takers mate  :metal

My EP is ready to rumble too (subject to cock blocks)........has gone a total 180 in the last few days.  From a soft, atmospheric ballady EP to a "knock you out of your seat" epic metal attack :lol

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1281 on: April 03, 2016, 09:47:46 PM »
No idea on that one Kade.  Might have after the pic though.

I can't see much about mine that is a cheat either , so we're the risk takers mate  :metal

My EP is ready to rumble too (subject to cock blocks)........has gone a total 180 in the last few days.  From a soft, atmospheric ballady EP to a "knock you out of your seat" epic metal attack :lol

Yeah, I'm sure you'd know the band once you find out.

Haven't even thought of the EP yet.  But when I change my mind so much like that seems to be when it hurts the most.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1282 on: April 04, 2016, 06:05:03 AM »
Actually, I take it back, I kinda cheated cause one of the songs has a guest vocalist that Ruslan knows.

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #1283 on: April 04, 2016, 09:31:00 AM »
Very sorry for being late, but I finally sent.

I completely missed the post three days ago with the tie-breaker results. Hopefully the pair of songs I chose will make up for my tardiness. It shouldn't happen again--I normally send immediately.
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
:tup

Here's the first blurred picture! I blurred all the band names into oblivion because there are only six bands this round, and you all are pretty much familiar with each other tastes by now. The bands follow each other - the 1st and 2nd song is from one band, the 3rd and 4th is by another and so on.

Regarding the schedule, I'll post the second picture tomorrow if needed, Wednesday is a non-roulette day for me due to Avantasia gig, tidbits Thursday and the results will be up either Friday or (unlikely) Saturday. In the meantime, you can prepare your EPs if you don't need this round results for that.

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
First one looks like TesseracT, can't make out the first but the second looks like Hexes, would be interesting if its true.
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Bugger...........I predicted I would get cock blocked this round and there it is (Sunburst - Out of the World and Remedy of My Heart)  :lol   But the two tracks sent are among my least favourite on the album  (7-8 ish for my taste).  Will be interesting to see how they score.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 11:09:04 AM by bl5150 »

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Bugger...........I predicted I would get cock blocked this round and there it is (Sunburst - Out of the World and Remedy of My Heart)  :lol   But the two tracks sent are among my least favourite on the album  (7-8 ish for my taste).  Will be interesting to see how they score.

First it was 6-7ish, then 7ish, now 7-8ish? It is going to be a perfect score at the end of the day? :biggrin:

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
I relistened to them and decided my initial post was a bit harsh  ;D   I gave both of those tracks 3 iTunes stars when I rated the album but I must've been in a bad mood that day :lol

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Checking out the Sunburst now. Saw a review on it and I made a mental note to check them out.

I can't make out shit on that picture! :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I relistened to them and decided my initial post was a bit harsh  ;D   I gave both of those tracks 3 iTunes stars when I rated the album but I must've been in a bad mood that day :lol

Obviously the same day you rated the Metal Church and Anthrax CDs!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
First one looks like TesseracT, can't make out the first but the second looks like Hexes, would be interesting if its true.

Dystopia?

Sounds like a Seneca entry.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
The Sunburst is really good.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

That's whoni had you pegged for - with it being Vasili-Khan and all.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

That's whoni had you pegged for - with it being Vasili-Khan and all.

Nah, thought way too hard this round, that would have been too easy. duh.  :lol