Author Topic: Instrumental songs.  (Read 1416 times)

Offline Carlos_7x

Instrumental songs.
« on: February 19, 2016, 06:44:34 AM »
Hello guys,
I wanted to ask you about Instrumental songs, since I only posses BCSL instrumentals.

Is there other official instrumental songs? Without voice track.

Pardon me if this is on a wrong section.

Thanks!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Re: Instrumental songs.
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2016, 08:55:45 AM »
AFAIK, there aren't any other instrument-only versions of songs that have vocals, if that's what you're asking.

But DT has done a lot of instrumental songs through the years, if THAT's what you're asking.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline TheGreatPretender

• The Second Dancing Turtle
  • You are reading these words.
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2016, 10:07:50 AM »
The deluxe edition of A Dramatic Turn Of Events came with Instrumental mixes of all the songs.
"How's that for a slice of fried gold?"

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2016, 11:12:33 AM »
The deluxe edition of A Dramatic Turn Of Events came with Instrumental mixes of all the songs.
Oh, yeah.  I forgot about that.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline pcs90

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2016, 06:09:58 PM »
There's also an instrumental mix of The Enemy Inside that was released on some special edition I think...

Offline Rodni Demental

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2016, 08:39:31 PM »
Technically you can get instrumental versions of any songs that have been on Rock Band / Guitar Hero games as people have re mixed the stems from practice mode. So you can find instrumental versions of Pull Me Under, Panic Attack, Constant Motion, and On the Backs of Angles (which already exists in the ADTOE deluxe edition). I guess there'll now be an instrumental version of Metropolis floating around somewhere.

I believe there's a sorta instrumental version of Home on Making of SFAM CD but it's more like a live rehearsal.

Failing that, there's Jammit.

Offline pcs90

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2016, 08:42:20 PM »
That instrumental version of Home is only the first half, and nowhere near as solid as the final one. They have something similar for The Spirit Carries On I think.

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2016, 11:58:09 AM »
Failing that, there's Jammit.

I dunno what's going on with Jammit, but it's fucked lately. Their security license expired and the app won't download the songs anymore, and they don't seem to be responding to customer service inquiries. Yet, you can still purchase the stuff, so be careful. Until that situation irons out, Jammit isn't really an option anymore it seems.

Offline Carlos_7x

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2016, 03:27:07 PM »
Yes, that's what I meant, only-instrument versions - which I guess, they are called "Instrumentals".
Thanks for the responses!

Offline FracturedMirror

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2016, 09:23:30 AM »
Ytsejam has the full instrumental demo version of Train of Thought available.  There's also some instrumentals on the other demo discs they have.

https://www.ytsejamrecords.com/ProductCart/pc/viewCategories.asp?pageStyle=h&idCategory=6

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2016, 09:04:39 PM »
And then, of course, there are cover versions on Youtube. Some really good covers out there.

Calvin6s

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2016, 10:05:37 PM »
I don't really have a good answer for you that others haven't already supplied, but your user name is quite good.