Author Topic: Black Clouds and Silver Linings Instrumental  (Read 1545 times)

Offline ASacrificedSon

• The Forsaken
  • Take me far away, to the ends of this earth.
Black Clouds and Silver Linings Instrumental
« on: February 02, 2016, 11:35:43 AM »
I just listened to the instrumental version of BC&SL and thought that without Labrie, I could focus more on the instruments during the chorus and verses. Your thoughts?

I felt the AROP's chorus was beautiful. Petrucci and Rudess does really well together. Another fantastic chorus would be TCOT.
Any other things you'd like to add?
I've been drinking beer since I was 18 and dabbled since I was 16. I have at least 500 beer bottles in my collection and love the fancy shit though my wallet doesn't. I'll drink liquor not even five times a year including shots or mixed drinks. Jack Daniels and Coke is an easy go-to for me. Very smooth nads candy sweet.

Offline ASacrificedSon

• The Forsaken
  • Take me far away, to the ends of this earth.
Re: Black Clouds and Silver Linings Instrumental
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 11:40:47 AM »
Oh and Rudess is brilliant during the verses and chorus on wither. That and Portnoy is the one that comes to mind on the instrumental version of Wither.
I've been drinking beer since I was 18 and dabbled since I was 16. I have at least 500 beer bottles in my collection and love the fancy shit though my wallet doesn't. I'll drink liquor not even five times a year including shots or mixed drinks. Jack Daniels and Coke is an easy go-to for me. Very smooth nads candy sweet.

Offline pcs90

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 12:48:14 PM »
What I have done is take the instrumentals of TBOT and TCOT, mix in the solo stems, and increase the volume on any specific sounds I want to stand out more (usually stuff Jordan does). I also shortened some parts that heavily rely on vocals. I only listen to these versions now.
ANTR and AROP I like as/is except for a few cuts (Portnoy vocals mostly).

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2016, 01:11:08 AM »
The instrumental version of BCSL would be great for karaoke..  :rollin
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline jjfumbly

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2016, 10:21:41 PM »
The instrumental version of BCSL would be great for karaoke..  :rollin

ROOOOOOAAAARRR!!!