Author Topic: Losing Faythe  (Read 3409 times)

Offline The Astonished

Losing Faythe
« on: February 02, 2016, 07:45:33 AM »
I believe this is one of the hidden gems on Act II. I think it's a beautiful piece all around. Nafaryus' change of heart and plea to Gabriel to bring Faythe back is just so moving and it brings me to tears. He realises he's done it all wrong and begs for forgiveness, and to bring his beloved daughter back. JLB is also really moving here, he makes me really feel Nafaryus' regret and atonement. I just love it so much. It reminds me that Nafaryus, how tyrannical he was, is still a human being, who can make grave mistakes even if it to the expense of others. He wished he did things differently and James delivers in making me believe that.
Rise up, be counted, stand strong and unite!

Offline BelichickFan

Re: Losing Faythe
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 08:27:14 AM »
One of my favorites.  This and "The Road to Revolution" are two of my favorites on the CDs that I rarely see mentioned on others' favorites lists.

Offline erwinrafael

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 09:00:06 AM »
It is a good song, although I wish they were able to find a way to combine this and the narrative of Whispers in the Wind. Having three songs after Faythe is stabbed before Hymn of a Thousand Voices breaks some of the momentum of the story.

Offline pcs90

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 10:23:34 AM »
It's a very beautiful song. The crying at the beginning sounds a little silly, but other than that it's great. I do agree about combining this and the next song somehow though.

Offline rab7

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2016, 01:28:56 PM »
I love the Chosen reprise in the beginning

Offline thosava

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2016, 01:58:54 PM »
This is one of my favourites as well!

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2016, 02:18:04 PM »
Clever work by JP with the title. He gives away already from the tracklist that Faythe will die, so we already accept it even before knowing the full story, then we go to the song and we think "yeah she's gone, dammit", and then Gabriel sings her back to life  :metal
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Rickharris1011

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2016, 04:25:15 PM »
It's a grower on me. One of a string of songs including Last Farewell, Hymn of a Thousand Voices and Astonishing that would all be incredibly powerful in a stage setting with a full ensemble cast. 

Offline thosava

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2016, 07:01:32 AM »
I can't get enough of the quiet piano part during Arabelles part in this song.

Offline JiM-Xtreme

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2016, 12:10:18 PM »
This song has snuck up on me over the last couple of days. The whole ending section starting "Gabriel, my son..." is so powerful and moving, especially the line starting "I would trade my life..." - it gets me every time. I even get slightly emotional just thinking about it!

Definitely one of the highlights of Act 2.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2016, 12:11:35 PM »
I love the Chosen reprise in the beginning

Being that Chosen is my favorite from the album, I love this too.  The crying is weak, and I do think this song gets lost in the long slow ending to the album, but I really do enjoy this one a lot more now than I did on my first bunch of listens.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2016, 07:41:18 AM »
This song has snuck up on me over the last couple of days. The whole ending section starting "Gabriel, my son..." is so powerful and moving, especially the line starting "I would trade my life..." - it gets me every time. I even get slightly emotional just thinking about it!

Definitely one of the highlights of Act 2.

For sure. Not one of my favorites from the album, or even Act 2, but that ending section is definitely very powerful and great. :tup :tup

Offline Mladen

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2016, 08:55:23 AM »
That "Gabriel, my son..." part is a nice switch, but otherwise, this is one of the more plain, underwhelming and not melodically pretty enough songs on the album. In fact, it is my least favorite on the album.