Author Topic: Ravenskill  (Read 12017 times)

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
Re: Ravenskill
« Reply #70 on: March 20, 2016, 05:11:06 AM »
The echoey vocals in the first part of the song make me think it's a misty, hazy morning in Ravenskill. There's some fantastic scene setting on this album.

Offline Enigmachine

« Reply #71 on: March 20, 2016, 05:22:53 AM »
One minor detail about the beginning...

"Please excuse me, sir can you help me, where can I find this man?"

The live video shows Faythe showing a picture to the man... where did Faythe get a photo of Arhys? (Remember, she's looking for Arhys, not Gabriel - she knows nobody would give up his refuge, so he wants to talk to his brother instead)

Did she use some surveillance snapshot of a Nomac? downloaded it from Aryhs' future Facebook page? Every citizen is scheduled in the Empire archives and there are photos of everyone? Ravenskill seems a very medieval-ish kind of village and technology seems scarce there, so I doubt there were digital cameras, but even so, where do you think Faythe exactly got Arhys' picture?  :D

The live picture shows a drawing, not a photo. She drew it, at least from what I remember. Probably has a photographic memory or something.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #72 on: March 20, 2016, 05:39:32 AM »
Really? I remember only silouettes from the scene, but what you say makes sense...
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

SebastianPratesi

« Reply #73 on: March 20, 2016, 07:40:38 AM »
Really? I remember only silouettes from the scene, but what you say makes sense...
For some time I've found it weird that in Day 3 of the story, Faythe is in her Palace ("A New Beginning"), then talks to Gabriel ("The Road To Revolution"), then is in the Palace ("Begin Again"), then is with Gabriel ("My Last Farewell"). While reading some of the descriptions in https://www.dreamtheater.net/theastonishingtracks, I tried to find some answers. This is part of the description for "The Road To Revolution":

Elated, Princess Faythe immediately shares the news with Gabriel, who is still in hiding back at Ravenskill. (...) Gabriel and
Faythe decide it best to meet at Heaven’s Cove ahead of time in order to relish what may possibly be their final moments alone together (...)

I think there is the possibility of Faythe (from the Palace) talking with Gabriel (in his hideout) by phone - nothing in the description excludes that possibility. It seems unlikely, obviously (maybe Faythe has a phone since she is rich, but Gabriel probably doesn't), but also it sounds weird to me that Faythe would be travelling so much in one day all by herself. So, maybe.

If that was so, you could also consider the possibility that Faythe took a picture with her phone of Arhys during Day 1 in Ravenskill, and that's the picture she shows to the Townsperson in Day 2.

(Having said that, I haven't seen the video in the live show, so if it's a drawing, then what I said is stupid :P)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 07:46:20 AM by SebastianPratesi »

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #74 on: March 20, 2016, 09:19:27 AM »
She could have used passenger ravens to deliver messages to Gabriel.

Offline Logain Ablar

• False Dragon
« Reply #75 on: March 20, 2016, 10:32:21 AM »
She could have used passenger ravens to deliver messages to Gabriel.

:lol Or deliver herself.. Maybe health and safety regulations in the realm only allow for the carriage of small boys.