Author Topic: Serious DTF split-screen project  (Read 18753 times)

Offline IDontNotDoThings

Re: Serious DTF split-screen project
« Reply #175 on: December 06, 2016, 02:51:54 AM »
 :\
ドリームシアターはあまり好きではありませんが、ペンと紙を持っていたので、なんてこった。

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #176 on: December 06, 2016, 02:57:34 AM »
Yes.

But since I am a guitarist as well, it's pretty pointless to play the same stuff. I just looked at Dystopian Overture, both the 'rhythm' and 'lead' parts and I could play both without any problems. I would just have to practise a little.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #177 on: December 06, 2016, 03:04:43 AM »
If we want to keep this moving, I think someone should create a new thread with either a poll or with people voting to at least finalize a song choice. That's a start.
Then make a basic backing track for everyone to use to keep things synced (better than trying to play along to the studio version), and set a hard date for people to submit their contributions. Then put together what we have into something finished. See how that goes.

Projects like this often have trouble getting off the ground because everyone's doing their own thing and forgets about it, but I know we have the talent here to put together something if we push it along.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline IDontNotDoThings

« Reply #178 on: December 06, 2016, 04:32:50 AM »
If we want to keep this moving, I think someone should create a new thread with either a poll or with people voting to at least finalize a song choice. That's a start.

Good idea, I'll get on that as soon as I know what everyone here's comfortable with. We already have:
- Dystopian Overture
- Another Day (which is what we were going to do the first time, still VERY concerned about vocals)
- plus the list of songs that Elite put up earlier (I think SoC would be a good choice personally, plus I knew all of TROAE at one point)
- that other list before in the thread that had Another Day & To Live Forever on it

Here's the poll as it is: https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=49020.0. If anyone has any other suggestions, let me know so I can add it to the poll.
ドリームシアターはあまり好きではありませんが、ペンと紙を持っていたので、なんてこった。

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #179 on: December 06, 2016, 04:42:32 AM »
I guess Metropolis is too cliche? :lol Looks like a pretty good list. I'd favour something shorter for the sake of getting something done. If nothing's happened yet, I don't like our chances of putting together a complete ACOS for example. So many parts.
Actually, it might have been an idea to have multiple choice so people can choose every song they'd be willing/capable of participating in, especially if you have a lot of options with not a lot of votes.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #180 on: December 08, 2016, 10:25:25 AM »
Sorry I stopped answering in this thread, guys. Organizing took way too much time and honestly I kinda forgot about it (it's been almost a year since I made it lol). We should all focus in the new thread and leave this one to die a nasty death.
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing