Author Topic: Triumph?  (Read 3775 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: Triumph?
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2022, 07:05:53 PM »
TAC, when I first glanced at the photos I thought you were Canada's PM, Justin Trudeau  :lol

I wasn't quite 31 in that pic. Back then I used to get Vince Gill a lot.

TAC, when I first glanced at the photos I thought you were Canada's PM, Justin Trudeau  :lol

Now he looks like a low hanging sack.

:lol WUT?  :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2022, 07:06:25 PM »
Old balls brah.  :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2022, 07:17:32 PM »
These will hold them up!

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2022, 07:21:06 PM »
We need a bro brah.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2022, 07:23:49 PM »

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2022, 07:35:27 PM »
*Gets his Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap album out*

Offline jammindude

« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2022, 09:21:16 PM »
Please let it be the original Australian version.  ::)
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2022, 10:34:24 PM »
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline pg1067

« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2022, 01:53:08 PM »

They are probably the first band that comes to mind when I think of "underrated".

Their biggest problem was their inconsistency. Their insistence on Gil Moore singing really hurt them, not to say that he didn't sing a bunch of awesome tunes. But give him maybe two vocals on an album instead of half.

I mean...it worked out pretty well for Styx.  Rik's  songs were all top notch.  If there was a dud, it was guaranteed to be a Gil track, but like you said, he also had some great ones.  And I definitely agree that they're underrated.  Emmett only showing up on a few lists in the recent singers countdown was disgraceful.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2022, 01:55:13 PM »

They are probably the first band that comes to mind when I think of "underrated".

Their biggest problem was their inconsistency. Their insistence on Gil Moore singing really hurt them, not to say that he didn't sing a bunch of awesome tunes. But give him maybe two vocals on an album instead of half.

I mean...it worked out pretty well for Styx. Rik's  songs were all top notch.  If there was a dud, it was guaranteed to be a Gil track, but like you said, he also had some great ones.  And I definitely agree that they're underrated.  Emmett only showing up on a few lists in the recent singers countdown was disgraceful.

Well, Gil Moore is no Tommy Shaw.

I was thinking Blue Oyster Cult where Gil singing would've been more of a novelty.

Offline nick_z

« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2022, 01:56:17 PM »
Tim, you have a seemingly unlimited reserve of great rock/metal-related pics  :biggrin:

(Rik Emmett is such a fantastic guitar player, btw)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2022, 02:07:30 PM »
Tim, you have a seemingly unlimited reserve of great rock/metal-related pics  :biggrin:

I post that pic every time Triumph comes up. :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2022, 02:16:15 PM »

That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2022, 02:21:47 PM »
 :lol

Offline nick_z

« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2022, 03:22:44 PM »

See, I'm relatively green, so for me this is all still "first cycle"  :biggrin:

Offline pg1067

« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2022, 03:26:20 PM »

I mean...it worked out pretty well for Styx. Rik's  songs were all top notch.  If there was a dud, it was guaranteed to be a Gil track, but like you said, he also had some great ones.  And I definitely agree that they're underrated.  Emmett only showing up on a few lists in the recent singers countdown was disgraceful.

I was thinking Blue Oyster Cult where Gil singing would've been more of a novelty.

Fair point.  Gil More is the analog of James Young.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline jammindude

« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2022, 12:01:27 AM »

Fair point.  Gil More is the analog of James Young.

So on point that I had to acknowledge it.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude