Author Topic: Arizona Roll Call for the Cinco De Mayo Show!  (Read 3869 times)

Offline arvizu9618

Arizona Roll Call for the Cinco De Mayo Show!
« on: January 21, 2016, 12:21:02 AM »
Got my tix for me and my two sons, Row Z JP side, Orchestra  Can't wait!

« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 02:30:26 AM by arvizu9618 »

Offline BFRedrocks

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Arizona Roll Call for the Cinco De Mayo Show!
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 10:20:48 AM »
I'll be there, although I still don't know who's joining me.  I have two Gold VIP M&G tix but my friend is moving and cancelled on me.  Last resort is my teen daughter, but it'd be better if a fellow DTF'er could experience the M&G...I don't think my daughter really cares.  :corn

Offline Gromit1710

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 12:45:00 PM »
I'll be there.

4th Row, just to JP's side of Center. Makes it harder to sneak out for a beer refill, but the view will be amazing.

Offline arvizu9618

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2016, 02:30:39 AM »
Update: wait a minute, just heard new CD's, son bought them on first day..... :facepalm:, on second thought, I CAN wait!

Anyone want to buy  3 good tickets at face value???  Hit me up, I live in West Phoenix

Offline BFRedrocks

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2016, 10:09:51 PM »
Anybody else here? I saw them on Tuesday in Denver and this show is much better so far. Although James was way off on A New Beginning and didn't seem on with the fast lyrics in Lord Nefaryus. Oh well...JP's solo killed!!  Second Act starting soon!!  :metal :metal :metal

Offline Gromit1710

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2016, 12:29:29 AM »
Mesa, AZ show.

Absolutely a blast.

Was Row D (fourth row) Seats 11 and 10 on JP's side.

Sound was great. James was great. Whole band was great. Mostly a flawless show.  Mangini was so much more a presence live than on the CD and it made a huge difference.

My friend and I had a great time. Everyone sat through the majority of the show but was very much into it. There was an eager crackle of energy from the crowd the entire show. Oh my god, the outro solo on "A New Beginning"... holy shit. The whole place jumped to their feet and gave JP a massive ovation for that section. At Hymn of a Thousand Voices, James called the place to their feet and we all responded. Stayed there the rest of the show.

Wasn't the most amazing Dream Theater show I've seen in my years of following them, but very well done and more than worth the price of admission to see it.  Absolutely no regrets at all.

Thanks DT. I enjoyed myself tonight.

Offline ethebubbeth

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2016, 09:19:16 AM »
Was Row D (fourth row) Seats 11 and 10 on JP's side.

I was pretty close to you!  Row E, Seats 19 & 20.  Pretty much dead center.

The band was firing on all cylinders through the whole show. 

Poor James was having issues throughout the first set, but was great throughout most of the 2nd set.  I think he made some comment about the weather messing with him toward the end of the 2nd half but couldn't quite make out what he was saying.  He pulled a Happy Birthday sign with a pirate on it out of the audience at the end and held it up behind his head. :yarr

During intermission I overhead a lot of people complaining that everyone was sitting down but it made it feel more like an opera performance to me.  It gave us a great view of the band and the screens and really let me focus on the music.

Highlights of the evening for me were the outro to A New Beginning and the audience singalong in Our New World.  :metal

Offline BFRedrocks

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2016, 11:55:49 AM »
Poor James was having issues throughout the first set, but was great throughout most of the 2nd set.  I think he made some comment about the weather messing with him toward the end of the 2nd half but couldn't quite make out what he was saying. 

He messed up the start of one of the songs and said, "This birthday thing is really messing with me."  He then started to laugh as he was singing the first line and I thought he was going to crack up, but he got back on track and did great.

BTW, I was in Row B, seat 23, so dead center, 1 row back in the main section behind the pit.  Great seats at a great venue.  I did notice some people in the audience get the clapping right in Hymn of 1,000 Voices (MM was trying so hard to get everyone on beat), so that was cool.

Amazing show!!  :metal :metal :metal

Offline ethebubbeth

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2016, 12:11:27 PM »
"This birthday thing is really messing with me."  He then started to laugh as he was singing the first line and I thought he was going to crack up, but he got back on track and did great.

Ah so that's what he said :D!

Yeah it was hilarious that he was late for his cue.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 12:32:34 PM by ethebubbeth »

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2016, 01:09:32 PM »
Was in the middle of Row J - it was a great show. I'm glad we were seated because I can't see when we stand lol

Can someone please tell me they got a picture of James' pants.... I mean... wow..... 

Offline Gromit1710

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2016, 03:13:24 PM »
Was in the middle of Row J - it was a great show. I'm glad we were seated because I can't see when we stand lol

Can someone please tell me they got a picture of James' pants.... I mean... wow.....
Didn't want to risk a picture. There was some serious squashing of cellphone use at all inside.

But yeah... Those were some pants, alright.

Offline CharlesPL

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2016, 08:30:44 AM »
I want to know where he got those pants! lol

Offline fischermasamune

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2016, 10:29:42 AM »
New Maineland

Offline CB

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2016, 01:58:32 PM »

https://www.wornstar.com

I remember these pants from the Hannover show :D I liked his outfit, especially because the 4 other guys were so decently dressed (just black), a nice contrast!

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2016, 08:22:15 AM »
Yaaaaaaaas! Thanks!