Author Topic: Hey guys, I think there is something wrong with my copy of Images and Words.  (Read 2579 times)

Offline jasc15

• TTAL: Yeti welcome
Pull Me Under seems to cut short at the end.  Anyone else notice this????  :metal

Offline YtseJamittaja

• Yub Nub
  • DTF.org Alumni
It' s just JP's whahibrido pickingant which ends the song so suddenly.
Do you even whahíbrido pickingant?

M Y  L A S T. F M  P R O F I L E

Offline Madman Shepherd

Back in 1992, Dream Theater had a competition for someone to "Find the Nugget" on their copy of Images & Words and nobody could.

Everybody asked what it was so finally around the time Falling Into Infinity came out, John Myung mentioned in an exclusive interview with the Wall Street Journal, "Everyone keeps asking about "the nugent" (sic) and we figured someone would find it in the first year or so but basically there is one copy of Images & Words that cuts Pull Me Under off abruptly.  We were going to give the lucky fan that found it some backstage passes and bass lessons but I think the CD manufacturer screwed up royally.  Oh well.  It sounded cooler the other way. "

In other words, you may actually have the one copy that was produced.  I don't think you will get those bass lessons though as John Myung doesn't really play bass anymore unless they are recording or playing a live show. 

Offline IDontNotDoThings

You see, it's actually a huge breakthrough in audio technology. How a CD works is that the laser optics of the compact disc scan the disc as it spins around to create the music, but there's actually a side effect when the sound is transferred from digital data to audible sound. Usually what happens is that whatever you're playing the music on uses the data it receives from the physical surface of the disc to play the sound, but the Images And Words disc has a rare technique not achieved by any other artist. When the song Pull Me Under plays, the disc actually complexly exploits of the lasers with a sensitive spot on the surface of the disc which allows the laser to penetrate through the disc's surface area and metamorphically transform it into a mixture of the plastic disc and the laser, creating a rare chemical known as plasmic neonium. This chemical is then what the music player's laser detects and because it doesn't know how to transform its newly found data, it actually sends plasmic neonium out through the speakers.

This chemical is harmless on its own, but due to the insufficiencies of the music player, it becomes slightly altered into triplasmic protonium, which is a neurotoxin (brain chemical) that when inhaled, creates a sense of immediate amnesia. Its effects are so strong that any listener can never remember anything past that point until the section where the chemical is stopped being produced (the beginning of Another Day). This was only present in the first 130 copies of Images And Words, but it was later recalled after receiving complaints regarding sumbliminal messages potentially being placed in the unknown section, and because Atco Records didn't want any controversy regarding this scandal, they blasted any complainers with triplasmic protonium so they wouldn't remember anything that happened or why they were there in the first place. Not wanting to inform the band of what they had done, Atco re-released Images And Words with the unknown section directly cut out, and all was well again.

However, there was one flaw in their plan to cover up their brainwashing of all its original customers: triplasmic protonium actually worked by isolating the memories from the brain. This meant that they would flow into the bloodstream and drift around the entire human body for the rest of that person's life. My father was one of those people affected by the triplasmic protonium and when his sperm gave birth to me (seven and a half years after Images And Words was released), the isolated neurons (brain signals) without a purpose, had somehow infused themselves with his sperm (most likely due to the genetic modification they were given via the chemical), and thus, I was born with all the memories of what had happened. If this has happened to anyone else, I urge you to respond to this thread and spread awareness of the evil that Atco Records has gotten away with... because if we don't, who knows what other record companies may mirror this tactic in the future? We cannot let this happen again. Stand up against subliminal messages in music today, and maybe... somehow... we can make the difference between whether a whole record company's audience will be brainwashed, or whether we can be a free people of the subliminal messages in music. Stand up for your right to think for yourself... and be free...
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 11:25:24 PM by IDontNotDoThings »
ドリームシアターはあまり好きではありませんが、ペンと紙を持っていたので、なんてこった。

Offline Vandalism

• DTF.org Alumni
  • A Voluntary Lapse of Reason
^ He ll be the one to save us aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllll
\\m// Death is the first Dancing Turtle \\m//

Offline Pragmaticcircus

• Classical Composer, Avant prog guitarist , musical artist, music fan, producer and much more....
  • The man wants his coffee ☕
Yeah, I think there's a hidden track after Learning To Live called "Canadian Rap", I think that's what you're looking for
"The thing that kills me is all these bands that use huge words in their lyrics, 'I'm swimming in a vortex of apathy.' I'm like, 'What?' I don't walk up to a friend and go 'That's a stylin' looking vortex of apathy you've got there pal. I was swimming up a river of deceit myself."
- Devin Townsend
"poop" - Ziltoid
Prog for life, all hail metal, I'm very Avant Garde,  God give me back my razor, and all that shit!

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
On my copy, it's called Oliver's Twist.  Interesting.  ;)

Offline Slipknot

• Fuck it all, fuck this world!!!
  • I AM THE GREAT BIG MOUTH!!!
On my copy it's called FUCK YOU MOTHERFUCKER!!!
SPIT IT OUT JUMP DA FUCK UP!!!  :metal
PUT YOUR HANDS IN THE FUCKING AIR AND JUMP DA FUCK UP MOTHERFUCKER!!

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
Cool it a bit. I've seen your last few posts and it's going to get you banned, or at the very least a warning from a mod, if you don't settle down a bit.

Offline Outcrier

On my copy it's called FUCK YOU MOTHERFUCKER!!!
SPIT IT OUT JUMP DA FUCK UP!!!  :metal

:rollin
Outcrier: Toughest cop on the force.

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
I feel sorry for you. Mine ends with an amazing clarinet solo.
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline pcs90

Cool it a bit. I've seen your last few posts and it's going to get you banned, or at the very least a warning from a mod, if you don't settle down a bit.
The best thing you can do is ignore him, it's only for attention. He'll lose interest after a while.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
I don't know if anyone noticed but when I spin mine it ends with
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran

I believe this is the first time the grammatical mistake was intentional.   :biggrin:

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!

I believe this is the first time the grammatical mistake was intentional.   :biggrin:

I have no idea what you
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Tumdace

Nice Bait m8!

Anyone in a serious discussion: I had a different version of Train of Thought that had a different sounding version of "Vacant". Whats up with that? was there a different version?

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran

I have no idea what you

Now you're just doing it on

Offline CDrice

• I do art stuff
Nice Bait m8!

Anyone in a serious discussion: I had a different version of Train of Thought that had a different sounding version of "Vacant". Whats up with that? was there a different version?

All I know is that on my version of Train of Thought there's nothing on track 5. It's completely empty.   ???

Offline Pragmaticcircus

• Classical Composer, Avant prog guitarist , musical artist, music fan, producer and much more....
  • The man wants his coffee ☕
My copy of BC@Sl has a trailer for Ziltoid the omniscient? I'm confused because Dev's on century media, not Roadrunner  ???
"The thing that kills me is all these bands that use huge words in their lyrics, 'I'm swimming in a vortex of apathy.' I'm like, 'What?' I don't walk up to a friend and go 'That's a stylin' looking vortex of apathy you've got there pal. I was swimming up a river of deceit myself."
- Devin Townsend
"poop" - Ziltoid
Prog for life, all hail metal, I'm very Avant Garde,  God give me back my razor, and all that shit!

Offline Robo4900

• The Killing Hand
They had to cut the last 5 seconds of the song off, as John Petrucci played a solo so fast that anyone who heard it would turn into a new model of JP signature guitar.
Whenever he comes out with a new signature guitar, he just plays the solo for a small group of "Lucky" fans, and uses whatever guitar comes out from it.
This legendary technique is called... Super Legato Whahibrido Pickingant Sweeping.
Q: "When he went, had you gone and had she, if she wanted to and were able, for the time being excluding all the restraints on her not to go also, would he have brought you, meaning she and then, to the station?"
A: "OBJECTION, your honor! That question should be taken out and shot!"
--Allegedly from Utah vs Kelly, Superior Court of Utah, 1994. May be apocryphal