Author Topic: Slipknot thread?  (Read 17091 times)

Offline chaossystem

• We're on to your agenda, the dead-end road to nowhere.
  • Chapters unfinished, fading
Re: Slipknot thread?
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2016, 03:33:32 PM »
Hef!

REALLY?

You DON'T know the difference between "fuction" and FUNCTION???

Maybe some of the others saw the humor in what I said...
I can't stop the world from turning around, or the pull of the moon on the tide, but I don't believe that we're in this alone, I believe we're along for the ride...

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2016, 04:56:51 PM »
Yea, I saw it, but I didn't exactly think it was funny
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline chaossystem

« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2016, 06:58:38 PM »
...And that would be because...?...
I can't stop the world from turning around, or the pull of the moon on the tide, but I don't believe that we're in this alone, I believe we're along for the ride...

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2016, 07:43:56 PM »
Cause it's kind of like...the easiest thing to do in jest...point out a typo and be like "GU-HURR WUTS DAT!?" Kind of like a pre-teen's notion of great humor.

Boy, this thread.

It delivers.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Slipknot

• Fuck it all, fuck this world!!!
  • I AM THE GREAT BIG MOUTH!!!
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2016, 08:31:07 PM »
Snuff
PUT YOUR HANDS IN THE FUCKING AIR AND JUMP DA FUCK UP MOTHERFUCKER!!

Offline chaossystem

« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2016, 11:04:33 PM »
Cause it's kind of like...the easiest thing to do in jest...point out a typo and be like "GU-HURR WUTS DAT!?" Kind of like a pre-teen's notion of great humor.

Boy, this thread.

It delivers.

You seem oblivious to the fact that my questions weren't intended for you. Instead of attacking me and picking apart everything I say, you need to start working at just minding your own business. Instead of getting into a protracted argument with you-as much as I hate having to be a "SNITCH"-if you don't knock it off with that shit-from now the fuck on, I'm just going to turn it directly over to the MODERATORS, and let THEM deal with you. And I really don't care if that SCARES you or not, so don't bother with the sarcastic rebuttals.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2016, 11:15:15 PM »

RIP DTP.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2016, 11:44:43 PM »

Boy, this thread.

It delivers.

You seem oblivious to the fact that my questions weren't intended for you. Instead of attacking me and picking apart everything I say, you need to start working at just minding your own business. Instead of getting into a protracted argument with you-as much as I hate having to be a "SNITCH"-if you don't knock it off with that shit-from now the fuck on, I'm just going to turn it directly over to the MODERATORS, and let THEM deal with you. And I really don't care if that SCARES you or not, so don't bother with the sarcastic rebuttals.

Your "joke" wasn't funny. Now please remove the stick from your ass and get over it.

Offline Outcrier

« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2016, 11:59:51 PM »
if you don't knock it off with that shit-from now the fuck on, I'm just going to turn it directly over to the MODERATORS, and let THEM deal with you. And I really don't care if that SCARES you or not, so don't bother with the sarcastic rebuttals.

You're like the guy that most deserves to be banned because of your many temper issues so that's pretty much a joke coming from you  ::)
Outcrier: Toughest cop on the force.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2016, 12:08:53 AM »
what the fuction is going on in this thread?

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2016, 12:26:20 AM »

RIP DTP.

Offline Onno

• Well, it's just entertainment, folks!
« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2016, 01:46:40 AM »
 :rollin

Offline jakepriest

« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2016, 01:51:35 AM »
Holy fuck this thread. Must be my favourite so far this year.  :corn

Offline Fluffy Lothario

« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2016, 02:03:42 AM »
This thread has led me to put on Slipknot for the first time in a wee while.

Back in the day, I was hugely fond of the weird, often longer, repetitive psychotic trance tracks they had on their first few albums. Stuff like Tattered and Torn, Scissors, Gently, and Skin Ticket.

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2016, 02:43:01 AM »
Yea Tattered & Torn especially I was just amazed at how creepy it was, but looking back at it those kind of Slipknot songs really don't interest me anymore. The only Slipknot I still out-right adore purely for the amazing atmosphere is Danger - Keep Away, I'll never get sick of that song.
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Fluffy Lothario

« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2016, 02:55:01 AM »
I still think Skin Ticket is brilliant. I love how he spends the entire second half of the song going KEEPING MYSELF ALIVE, but the music is constantly shifting around and doing different things under it, so it doesn't ever get boring, at least to me.

Offline chaossystem

« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2016, 03:05:49 AM »

I don't the fuction KNOW!!!

Offline jakepriest

« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2016, 03:11:09 AM »

I don't the fuction KNOW!!!

Jesus christ can you stop this? It was never funny and never will be.  :facepalm:

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2016, 06:07:50 AM »
Everyone calm down and stay on topic.

Sheesh
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2016, 06:09:27 AM »
Dream Theater > > > > > > > > Slipknot.

Offline home

• Sound is the factor which holds it together
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2016, 06:10:25 AM »

Sheesh

Calm down? we should JUMP DA FUCK UP!!!!! :metal :metal :metal

Break the mold, let's shake the ground, wreak havoc!

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2016, 06:16:42 AM »
OKAY MOTHERFUCKERS YOU ALL KNOW THIS ONE SING ALONG!!  :metal :metal

'Bout time I set this record straight
All the needle nose punchin' is makin' me irate

Sick o' my bitchin' fallin' on deaf ears
Where you gonna be in the next five years?

The crew and all the fools, and all the politics
Get your lips ready, gonna gag, gonna make you sick

You got dick when they passed out the good stuff
Bam Are you sick of me? JUMP DA FUCK UP AND SPIT IT OUT!! :metal

Yeah Spit It Out is some good concert material

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2016, 06:59:25 AM »
The early lyrics still aren't as downright terrible as that Limp Bizkit song which has like 50 "fuck"'s in it.  :facepalm:

Offline Fluffy Lothario

« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2016, 07:23:34 AM »

Sheesh

Calm down? we should JUMP DA FUCK UP!!!!! :metal :metal :metal

Offline jakepriest

« Reply #59 on: January 19, 2016, 07:31:55 AM »
The early lyrics still aren't as downright terrible as that Limp Bizkit song which has like 50 "fuck"'s in it.  :facepalm:

Hot Dog is instrumentally really good though. And I appreciate the overly silly lyrics.  :lol

Online ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2016, 07:34:17 AM »
GET THIS OR DIE GET THIS OR DIE GET THIS OR DIE GET THIS OR DIE GET THIS OR DIE GET THIS OR DIE GET THIS OR DIE GET THIS OR DIE GET THIS OR DIE GET THIS OR DIE GET THIS OR DIE GET THIS OR DIE GET THIS OR DIE GET THIS OR DIE GET THIS OR DIE GET THIS OR DIE GET THIS OR DIE GET THIS OR DIE GET THIS OR DIE GET THIS OR DIE GET THIS OR DIE GET THIS OR DIE GET THIS OR DIE GET THIS OR DIE GET THIS OR DIE GET THIS OR DIE GET THIS OR DIE GET THIS OR DIE GET THIS OR DIE GET THIS OR DIE GET THIS OR DIE GET THIS OR DIE GET THIS OR DIE GET THIS OR DIE GET THIS OR DIE GET THIS OR DIE GET THIS OR DIE GET THIS OR DIE GET THIS OR DIE GET THIS OR DIE GET THIS OR DIE GET THIS OR DIE GET THIS OR DIE GET THIS OR DIE GET THIS OR DIE GET THIS OR DIE GET THIS OR DIE GET THIS OR DIE

Offline Mladen

« Reply #61 on: January 19, 2016, 12:44:31 PM »
The early stuff is heavy, in your face and honestly angry, but I prefer their more mature stuff. Still, tracks like Wait and bleed, Spit it out, Liberate or Purity get me going indeed.  :metal

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #62 on: January 19, 2016, 12:46:59 PM »
The first time I heard Volume 3 I thought it sounded great but in retrospect the guitars have not much definition or power.

All Hope Is Gone sounds a lot better.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #63 on: January 19, 2016, 01:05:30 PM »
I don't know a lot of their tunes, and they're by no means a favourite of mine, but I do think they know how to put on a bloody good show, chaps.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #64 on: January 19, 2016, 01:08:17 PM »
From what i've heard - Corey is pretty poor live. He does a much weaker scream and is always out of breath and forgets lyrics.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #65 on: January 19, 2016, 01:28:43 PM »
I've only ever seen DVDs and live streams and he sounds pretty on point considering how demanding the vocal parts are.

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #66 on: January 19, 2016, 01:31:42 PM »
Well, the one thing I think everyone can agree on, is that Corey Taylor can get a crowd going like no other, really a phenomenal frontman. But yeah I've noticed when they played songs like Spit It Out (with the nu-metal heavy sound) where Corey has to do harsh vox very quickly, he tends to either be very hard to understand or actually skip over 1 or 2 words.

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #67 on: January 19, 2016, 02:48:01 PM »
The behind the scenes DVD for All Hope is Gone is pretty good. Paul wrote some awesome riffs .
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Pragmaticcircus

• Classical Composer, Avant prog guitarist , musical artist, music fan, producer and much more....
  • The man wants his coffee ☕
« Reply #68 on: January 19, 2016, 10:43:57 PM »
Not a Slipknot fan anymore but their atmospheric stuff is still enjoyable every once in a while:

Purity
Prosthetics
Scissors
Skin Ticket
Iowa
The virus of life
Gehenna
"The thing that kills me is all these bands that use huge words in their lyrics, 'I'm swimming in a vortex of apathy.' I'm like, 'What?' I don't walk up to a friend and go 'That's a stylin' looking vortex of apathy you've got there pal. I was swimming up a river of deceit myself."
- Devin Townsend
"poop" - Ziltoid
Prog for life, all hail metal, I'm very Avant Garde,  God give me back my razor, and all that shit!

Offline Pragmaticcircus

• Classical Composer, Avant prog guitarist , musical artist, music fan, producer and much more....
  • The man wants his coffee ☕
« Reply #69 on: January 19, 2016, 10:48:29 PM »
but I think that Stone Sour may have surpassed Slipknot with House Of Gold And Bones.

You share my thoughts there, but I haven't listened to them at all since part 2 came out. (I enjoyed both parts thourally though)
And I haven't listened to Slipknot not since listening to the Grey Chapter a few times.
"The thing that kills me is all these bands that use huge words in their lyrics, 'I'm swimming in a vortex of apathy.' I'm like, 'What?' I don't walk up to a friend and go 'That's a stylin' looking vortex of apathy you've got there pal. I was swimming up a river of deceit myself."
- Devin Townsend
"poop" - Ziltoid
Prog for life, all hail metal, I'm very Avant Garde,  God give me back my razor, and all that shit!