Poll

Choose your winner!

Flyffy
Voltsters
homework
Pain of Naught
Elitist
Kevin Moore

Author Topic: Sacul's controversial roulette v2. UNNECESSARY EPILOGUE  (Read 79471 times)

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
So it's only home until you have them all I assume?

:lol
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline home

• Sound is the factor which holds it together
Sent. I think I screwed this up a little but there are at least some songs in the EP that I'm quite sure you'll enjoy :azn:
Break the mold, let's shake the ground, wreak havoc!

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
Sent. I think I screwed this up a little but there are at least some songs in the EP that I'm quite sure you'll enjoy :azn:
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach

I probably would go as far as saying I wouldn't send any of these songs in a regular round. They're not nearly as good separately so I really have to nail the flow score I guess.
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
I'm going to win v3
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
I hope you do  :smiley:

So, I've already updated the post (and added it to the OP) concerning how the scoring system will work (might modify it before results, but I highly doubt it). Although one player has to modify its EP, listening starts now  :corn

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
Guess who has to resend  ::)
Squ

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
Was it you maybe? Sacul loves Oceansize so I'm not shocked.
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
Yeah, the Oceansize track had to go :lol
Squ

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
You're probably better off then  :tup

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
I hope so. I like my EP.
Squ

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
again, which oceansize  :tup

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
I sent Massive Bereavement from the Effloresce CD. Apparently, the whole CD was banned. As well as two other bands I sent (At the Drive-In and Shining). But these last two weren't mentioned anywhere, so I couldn't have known.
Squ

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
that's a pretty weird choice tbh :lol

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
They're in the list, scored :P

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
yes, the 2000-album list that everyone has memorized

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
Are you implying nobody did that?  :sadpanda:

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
At the drive-in are sick. I might go see them next week if I have the time. Even if I think Omar and Cedric were both far superior on TMV.

Sounds like you went with quite the heavy EP rich  :tup an option I considered too, though I don't think I'd have enough interesting heavy music.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
Mine is a little heavy, yes, but not really all-out heavy. I have a laid-backish start and ending. The EP is quite similar to the one I sent in Parama's, actually.
Squ

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
you sent an obnoxious beardfish song? :P

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
At the drive-in are sick. I might go see them next week if I have the time.

Jim Ward isn't playing anymore :lol what a trainwreck

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
you sent an obnoxious beardfish song? :P
They're banned :P

Btw, already listened to everything at least once. Two of these EPs sound promising, the rest are kinda disappointing, but each has at least an amazing song. Let's see how this goes from here :corn

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
Interesting.

Mine isn't disappointing so I can't possibly see how someone other than me would think that.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
Two of these EPs sound promising, the rest are kinda disappointing
Yeah that's probably me.

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
Don't worry, I'll post tidbits and other crap to keep this thread alive :P
:loser:

I'm really not sure, but mine could very well be the disappointing one, not enough harsh vocals (one word, to be exact). Too bad Machine Head was banned, would've closed the fucker off with "RELEASE THE WOLVES!!!!" otherwise :metal

I probably like my EP more than I should, must've listened to it once a day at least since I made it.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
It's been a wild week, and have barely had the chance to enter DTF, but now everything should go back to normal - expect tidbits this Tuesday, semi-reveal of the tracklists on Wednesday, a more interesting reveal the next day, and RESULTS THIS FRIDAY.

Let the hype begin... Again.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
I probably like my EP more than I should, must've listened to it once a day at least since I made it.

I'm the same with all of my EPs. Not sure if this is related to the fact I've never won a single roulette where the EP round was hosted. :lol
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
Not too sure about some things in mine.

I think the first three tracks will do well enough, I can't see them being hated.
Track #4 could be hit or miss.
Track #5 was probably a big mistake, I can see this scoring low.
Track #6 is the climax of my EP, according to our host each EP has at least one great song, I think this is mine.
Track #7 I'm not really sure about, I mostly added it because I didn't think the ending to Track #6 was suitable for the closing of the EP. This song is a good closer I think and I had enough room for it, though I'm not really sure what Sacul's reaction will be.

I do believe I will score well regarding flow.

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
I don't have any idea how he'll like it, could very well be one of the disappointments.

For some reason I think he'll really like my 2nd song though it could be a big miss aswell.
My 4th song is the climax of the EP, and while not my favorite song of the bunch, the chorus is definitely my favorite moment of the EP. I'm starting to get my doubts though as I realize the chorus sounds very much like something that could be on a Coheed and Cambria song.

Offline home

• Sound is the factor which holds it together
I don't have any idea how he'll like it, could very well be one of the disappointments.
+1

The second song on my EP is from a band Sacul gave a low score in his roullete, the third is on of the most epic songs by the same band, I really want you to like them Sacul :p I am ending with three songs almost no one seems to like, but I really love em  :lol
Break the mold, let's shake the ground, wreak havoc!

Offline Fluffy Lothario

Well, everyone can sample my EP from the song on the last page.

Mine has no metal. It's all pop and soft rock kind of stuff.

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
I'm interested to see how that Movits! song is going to fit in an EP :lol I thought it was a really cool and unusual type of song, but as of now I can't see how you follow up a song like that, I guess we'll see. I will leave it to Sacul to reveal the partial tracklist, I think the only thing I've revealed so far is that there's a Slipknot song in there.

At the end of this I will likely check out the other EP's.

Offline Fluffy Lothario

Without giving too much away, my EP has two "sides", and they're fairly distinct from each other. The Movits! track's at the end of the first half, so the EP completely changes tack after that. Otherwise, you're right, it'd be damn hard to get the next track not to clash horribly.

If there was a track on my EP that I would say is a fairly safe bet to do well, it'd be the last, I guess. But who knows, Sacul could love or totally not love anything on there.

Now seeing how he responds to Slipknot, THAT will be interesting.

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
My EP doesn't exist because it's too awesome for Sacul.

:|
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
TITTIES!
« Reply #1189 on: March 29, 2016, 10:32:13 PM »
Tidbits time! Most writeups are one-sentence stuff by now, which I plan on expanding later for results, but these are the most interesting ones.

Yeah, that's a pretty epic chorus.

This song is all over the place if you listen closely, but it just works. Damn it does.

This has a haunting atmosphere, but I'm afraid it isn't as good songwriting-wise.

This... fucking destroys all my biases against this artist. Wow. Probably the best song of the round, and among the best in the roulette.

Well, this is some pretty nice piano indeed!

I struggled to difference this one song and the following, for they feel very similar, and while that wouldn't be a problem if they were awesome, they sadly aren't.

This sounds like some generic alternative metal [...], nothing remarkable imo.

Sadly, your EP goes downhill after it.

While I appreciate the mix of genres and styles here... I just don't dig this, really. I mean, while it's enjoyable, I find no strong connection between this and me.

Just... no. I don't dig [genre] at all, and this is no exception. The only bits I enjoy are the last ones, for they are acoustic and atmospheric, but nothing special in the end.